Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    That post is over 5 years old, and changes to the vote kick rules have been made since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the community has to adjust to these new loot rules. Unfortunately, people get the mentality when they go with a few of their mates that they are king gods and pugs feelings do not matter. mob mentality? i don't know the scientific word for it, but its pretty disgraceful. people need to grow up.

Yeah, some people are just driven to find new ways to be Douchebags. I suggest witholding their loot and not rewarding shitty behavior. The truth of the matter is that even if you did cave in and trade the stuff that kind of buttwipe would still likely kick you for laughs anyway. Not like that kind of person has a real honor code or the whole situation wouldn't come up in the first place. Screw em.

And yes, this is coming from the player of a pure dps class who is destined for long ques anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the community has to adjust to these new loot rules. Unfortunately, people get the mentality when they go with a few of their mates that they are king gods and pugs feelings do not matter. mob mentality? i don't know the scientific word for it, but its pretty disgraceful. people need to grow up.
    Yeah, I got kicked from a heroic today because an 845 ring dropped, they told me to give it to their friend who was pulling 40k dps as a DH. I told them to kindly get fucked as I was 5.5 times as valuable as he was (~220k dps on that fight). They kicked me and my friend who was healing for them stayed to troll the shit out of them lol. He told them to pull more, that he could handle it. Then he would mysteriously let them die and say "I was silenced". They bought it for like 5 wipes before they got angry. But the kick system wouldn't let them kick him so they all left the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Luckily I've not encountered this yet but I can see it happening. Try saying you'll give them the item at the end of the run whether you intend to or not.
    Yeah I haven't run into this yet, but I'd definitely suggest this.

If you have something someone else wants, say you'll give it to them at the end. If you actually don't need it just give it to them right away unless they're dicks. That can help so you don't get kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just dobit the old fashion way and create a group through trade. No one is forcing you to use LFD
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by geckomoria View Post
    so this just happened i join a random heroic on my tank and i got a cape loot 830+
    after the boss i got a whisper from a mage telling me to give it to him
    however he was just awful ninja pulling the whole damn dungeon having 100k dps on aoe packs 80k on a boss i i was not planning on giving it to him
    then he started to spam whisper me telling me i was not gone finish this dungeon if i didn't give it to him
    so i vote kicked him and it faild he had 2 guild m8 in the group
    then he started to whisper me again teling me i was moron to try and kick him
    i stopped pulling trash and w8ted i got kicked 5 min later

now my question is i made a ticket ingame can they even do something about this ?
    how can there be some 1 just threatened to kick me if i dont give him the loot i got ?
    You didn't get kicked for not giving him the item, you got kicked for stopping the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    There are at least a million threads on this exact thing happening here. Why the hell would you put in a ticket for this? What do you expect the GM to do, tell the group to group up with you again but this time finish the dungeon?

You can be kicked from the group for any or no reason. It doesn't have to be one you agree with. If that guy had enough friends with him to get majority vote on kicking you, sucks to be you, find another group.
    This is exactly why vote kick needs removed from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you got kicked for wasting everyone's time for 5 minutes by sitting on your ass like a petulant child and not continuing the dungeon rather than for not giving some asshole mage your loot. Pretty sure he knows it's unreasonable to ask for it himself and just wanted to see if he could actually get you to give it up.

so this just happened i join a random heroic on my tank and i got a cape loot 830+
    after the boss i got a whisper from a mage telling me to give it to him
    however he was just awful ninja pulling the whole damn dungeon having 100k dps on aoe packs 80k on a boss i i was not planning on giving it to him
    then he started to spam whisper me telling me i was not gone finish this dungeon if i didn't give it to him
    so i vote kicked him and it faild he had 2 guild m8 in the group
    then he started to whisper me again teling me i was moron to try and kick him
    i stopped pulling trash and w8ted i got kicked 5 min later

now my question is i made a ticket ingame can they even do something about this ?
    how can there be some 1 just threatened to kick me if i dont give him the loot i got ?
    What I'm reading is you tried to votekick him first and then, after that failed, you stopped pulling trash. You think maybe standing around not pulling might have had something to do with the reason you got kicked?

They didn't kick you when you refused to give up the cape (which sure...I'm on your side for this part...people shouldn't be bullying others for loot), they didn't kick you when you tried to votekick their friend...they only kicked you after you stopped pulling for 5 minutes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least my experience is that nearly all groups have been friendly, and that goes for dungeon finder or pugged mythics. As long as you say hi, everyone does their role, it's usually not toxic at all. Occassionally you get a bad group where someone is trying to do content higher than they are ready for, or people afk, etc. But generally I think the wow community is quite good. If it's a bad group you can usually tell pretty quickly in, and just try to get through it as soon as you can. And if they are really bad, just make a note of them and get to another run. There aren't enough cases like you describe to ruin the experience I don't think. For me I'd say at least 90-95% groups are friendly and fine.

Sorry but you're under no obligation to pass loot to anyone. If someome threatened to kick me for refusing I'd have done the same thing. What do I care? I get instant Qs as a tank and have no patience for pushy DPS with attitudes bigger than Russia just because they sit in Q for hours.

Don't like it - roll tank or heals.

DPS are a dime a dozen. You need us tanks more than we need you. I have a standing policy to kick any DPS who pulls for me, tries to lead the group or types "go" when I'm the tank and likely waiting on my healer to tell me they're ready.

I'd Q more randoms to help y'all out if 99% of you weren't pushy assholes. Moral of the story? Want faster Qs? Don't be an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Deleted
    Enchantig FTW
    Isually i disenchant everything asap before someone even try to whisp me

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Nothing stops you from trying to make a ticket (which you did) about this and ask GMs if it can be considered as harassment. Chat logs and all that.
    Even if the GM could and would do anything about it...he screwed himself when he decided to stop pulling trash. All they would have to say is that he wasn't kicked for not handing over the cloak...he was kicked because he stopped pulling.

This issue has been discussed to death since late Cataclysm, and Blizzard has stated that they cannot and will not do anything about it if three people vote to kick out someone from the dungeon - if you are afraid of this happening to you, then group up with friends and/or guildies. I am in favor of increasing the vote kick requirement to four (the rest of the group vs the one in question), but that is just my opinion.

Youre tank just queue up again quick, if youre pugging you have to expect some people wont play nice. Its just not worth the effort imo. Had this guy just open trade with me without saying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You didn't get kicked for not giving him the item, you got kicked for stopping the dungeon.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. None of us can really say if the group was only using scare tactics & not really intending to kick or not.

Cata Heroic is worse.
    This is when Blizzard decides that LFR and LFD must be super easy content.
    It started to do personal loot.

Why do you stop pulling?
    You are the tank. Keep pulling.
    If they kick you, it is a wipe.

One time I was kicked from a HFC HC... Player A got 720 bracers from Zakuun and he didn't need them so I wrote in chat if I could have them(he instantly wrote "sure"). Then Player C started typing "Player B Needs it, don't give <ME> shit" (Player C and B were mates of the raid leader)...
    Then i got simply kicked from the raid and Player A wrote me, that if he didn't give Player B the wrists, then they would kick him as well.

While it wasn't a too big of a deal for me, it still was a waste of my time and it is clearly a case of abusive Players. I think Blizz should add an option to report people like these and give them, depending on the situation, deserter debuffs which last like 1 day or more.

he was god awful and obnoxious like hell why would i give it to him ?
    U shoulda left at that point already.
    I play healer and I do a good job keeping ppl alive. As soon as one starts to get at me in any personal way, or name calling, I leave the dungeon. I then search again after doing a quest or two. I aint putting up with kids and stupid ppl.
    Yeah, I enjoy the 2-3sec dungeon queue time

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    When someone is threatening you or just is plain nasty to you, make a screen shot and make a ticket while reporting the player in question. It might not do anything, it might get him banned for a day or so.
    a screenshot isnt necessary. they can be faked and blizz have access to chatlogs which cant be faked.