Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czanax View Post
    Played 5 Battlegrounds today as holy priest, most of the healing u do is done in spirit of redemption, since everyone & their mother seems to be playing melee.

Healers are in such a shitty position it's not even funny anymore.
    PvP will always be in a shitty position until they separate it entirely from PvE. I really think that everyone should have identical stats, based on class and spec. Then make every ability do specific damage, etc.

"Damage and healing done to players -30%" isn't going to fix anything when you've got 1000k HP players doing 350 million DPS to bosses with 50 billion HP.

I don't think Blizzard care very much, though. PvP is just "something you can do" in WoW, it's clearly not a design goal.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Leather users are way to overpowered atm.
    Blizzard seriously overestimates plate armor, 80% of damage in pvp is magical so plate armor doesn't warrant not having 2-3+ Defensive abilities compared to plate users and they got way to much mobility for the damage and survivability they have.

Doing Skirmishes for days as Warrior, i've not seen a single Warrior or DK in 50+ matches now, always leather users.
    Running tanking spec just to survive but to what end?, Killed by Rogues in 10s anyway as tank.
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2016-09-10 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did 2 arenas and 1 BG as Frost, promptly put the spec down for PVP. Blood... holy SHIT, I can't help but think, "When's the nerf bat coming?" Maybe it's my 843 PvE Hero gear, but damn did Blood in random BGs feel good. Super high up on healing, high up on damage, and good utility, survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

I feel completely useless as a caster. If I see Melee near me, I can start planning my next attempt when I get rezzed. Melee are out of control in both pvp and pve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Can't wait til the season starts and we see the PvP subs dropping like flies. Just had another friend msg. me that he said fuck it and quit, then his PvP guild/team quit. They weren't the first I know of and won't be the last.

People are already getting fed up with endless shitty, useless RNG drops, laggy lagfest of lag, prune, and bad mechanics. Mongo melee and piss poor template tuning are just the beginning. The scripters/botters will be shitting themselves en masse to buy their way to better gear and ranks.

Then wait til you start hitting the bracket walls because "gear doesn't count". Holy jumping christ.

GG Blizzard fuckheads.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-09-11 at 04:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    No rewards for losing is an extremely questionable design choice. Rewards should be greater for winning but losers should still receive something. Like... have they never played a pub before?
    Yeah, it does not motivate people to "git gud". Those who care about rewards will rather flame and abandon the games they think will lost even very early on. Then others get punished by using them to fill the places. Those who don't care will still drag the entire team down. In the end people who try to win anyway, who might've actually contributed big time and carried the team but were pretty much isolated or with only 1-2 others who also wanted to win are the ones who atop of suffering through the entire thing get shat on.

It kills the fun, it demotivates, it makes it even worse. It's at the point where I as healer stopped queueing solo. Only times I still queue is with a 5 man group and mostly for smaller BGs to make sure I have pretty much a 100% win ratio. Melee dps are ruining the fun and the system itself gives one a kick in the nuts at the end just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion PVP is garbage.

Burst is higher than WotLK, but in WotLk everyone could burst so it was "balanced" in that way.

Gearing is worse for PVP gearing. RNG streak breaker from obtaining same piece of gear is non existent and you have no control what pieces you can work towards. PVP gear at higher level is gated by rating. PVE gear trumps PVP gear 99% of the time. PVE gear is faceroll easy to obtain (LFR) versus PVP gear (rating of 1800-2000).

Kick botters/script kiddies still dominate the rated BG's scene and playing a caster is pointless as melee trains are everywhere.

And the kick in the nads is that the prestige system makes random BG's pointless as some players choose to gimp themselves. No rewards from losses so you might as well leave if it is a loss.

Even with a win you are not guaranteed to obtain a mark of honor (pretty sure this a bug) but Blizzard isn't in a hurry to fix this.
    RBGs haven't been up for the entirety of legion so how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Are you pretending to know what you are talking about?

Burst is going to be higher in the next few months as more people progress their artifact weapons. And when more PVE raid gear infiltrates the rated PVP scene you will back here apologizing to me for your arrogance.

- - - Updated - - -

They lost the argument when they started saying gearing is easy just PVE! If you have to PVE to gear for PVP it is a failed system. Period.
    1) Every artifact level increases your stamina. You should level up, and judging by your post probably also gear up, instead of complaining about burst you know nothing about.

2) If you have to do just one PVE world quest / class quest to PVP they've failed? Or do you get to decide at which arbitrary point PVE isn't allowed to progress your PVP?
    Last edited by Protean; 2016-09-11 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Mafic's right, but I'll tell you how I know: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1870181-Cheating

That was posted a year ago. Now unless you are deluded or naive enough to think Blizz suddenly got religion on scumlords and have already or are going to put a serious dent in them for Legion - which they have NEVER done in any era of the game - then you can expect more of the same, if not even worse because of gear differences at increasingly higher brackets that will increase incentive to cheat, not diminish it. It goes right up to the so-called "best" teams and players.

If you have to do just one PVE world quest / class quest to PVP they've failed? Or do you get to decide at which arbitrary point PVE isn't allowed to progress your PVP?
    The thing I heavily dislike about is, is that I can't get the same gear through PvP, atleast not yet. Why bother with BGs, which I have to win, to get a good chance/amount of gear/honor when I can just go kill some random NPCs? Bgs give 805 gear which is complete trash, has been since like <5 days after hitting 110. Last 800 piece I upgraded was yesterday, which were boots, in PvP this would've basicly been an endless roulette of trying to get the correct piece, world Q's just give me 830 ones right away. IMO, if they're gonna give away the 840 gear for little effort anyway, give it away in Bgs aswell, not just world q's, the gear you get there is just vendor trash right now.

As for PvP itself, too many "swofty macro" potential. With your artifact ability, 1 major CD and a couple of smaller ones, burst is too much. If you don't have your trinket for the 5 second stun, which every class seems to have, you're toast, it's stupid. Or a DH, if you have meta, what 1v1 aren't you gonna win? Heck, how likely are you to win a 1v2? Aside from that, melee dominance. Affli lock can be obnoxious but that seems to be the only one. Maybe a fire mage could give you some trouble aswell. Worst of them seems to be SP, I don't even think they can outdamage the healing some dps specs put out... xD Or maybe I've just only seen shitty ones.

From a rogue PoV the random stealth breaks are annoying aswell, it doesn't just happen in PvP either, sometimes stealth just stops working for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    The thing I heavily dislike about is, is that I can't get the same gear through PvP, atleast not yet. Why bother with BGs, which I have to win, to get a good chance/amount of gear/honor when I can just go kill some random NPCs? Bgs give 805 gear which is complete trash, has been since like <5 days after hitting 110. Last 800 piece I upgraded was yesterday, which were boots, in PvP this would've basicly been an endless roulette of trying to get the correct piece, world Q's just give me 830 ones right away. IMO, if they're gonna give away the 840 gear for little effort anyway, give it away in Bgs aswell, not just world q's, the gear you get there is just vendor trash right now.

As for PvP itself, too many "swofty macro" potential. With your artifact ability, 1 major CD and a couple of smaller ones, burst is too much. If you don't have your trinket for the 5 second stun, which every class seems to have, you're toast, it's stupid. Or a DH, if you have meta, what 1v1 aren't you gonna win? Heck, how likely are you to win a 1v2? Aside from that, melee dominance. Affli lock can be obnoxious but that seems to be the only one. Maybe a fire mage could give you some trouble aswell. Worst of them seems to be SP, I don't even think they can outdamage the healing some dps specs put out... xD Or maybe I've just only seen shitty ones.

From a rogue PoV the random stealth breaks are annoying aswell, it doesn't just happen in PvP either, sometimes stealth just stops working for some reason.
    I actually don't dislike PvE being the route to PvP gearing, especially since achieving a certain minimum level of equipment is rather easy (heroics/LFR.)

Of course, the best solution would be to remove gear from PvP entirely. The tech clearly exists, so honestly all players should have identical stats, based on their spec. The only purpose gear should have in PvP is to modify your appearance. Pair that with abilities doing fixed amounts of damage and healing, and I think you have a basis for an actually balanced, effective system without affecting PvE at all. I suppose this is still the "separate PvP from PvE!" thing that people have been asking for for several years, but... honestly, how many times do they need to be told? It's the best possible solution and will save them so much time.

World PvP, of course, would and should still be "no rules." Maybe have players that have engaged in PvP (defined as "entered combat with a player") deal X% less damage and healing to other (recently engaged) players as some kind of attempt to control for obscene throughput, but... I don't really see that as necessary or even important.

I dunno. I think Blizzard is so close to having a really strong system for PvP setup. Problem is... they stopped a few steps too early, and even after they get there, they'll still have plenty of balance work to do, too.

And I agree, zero rewards for losing heavily encourages "just let them win" mentalities and generally toxic behavior. Very disappointing.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Demon hunter's seem pretty broken so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Mafic's right, but I'll tell you how I know: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1870181-Cheating

That was posted a year ago. Now unless you are deluded or naive enough to think Blizz suddenly got religion on scumlords and have already or are going to put a serious dent in them for Legion - which they have NEVER done in any era of the game - then you can expect more of the same, if not even worse because of gear differences at increasingly higher brackets that will increase incentive to cheat, not diminish it. It goes right up to the so-called "best" teams and players.
    Blizz actually banned around 10000 accounts that were cheating in pvp right before Legion. Gear differerences give extremely small advantages. You do NOT need to play PVE to get gear, rated pvp gear is really good. The biggest advantage you can get is probably from honor levels and artifact traits. You choose if you want to reset your honor levels, and if you play regularly you won't be far behind at all in artifact power. There's also catchup mechanisms for this.

All of the above are facts, but if you guys want to keep spewing garbage, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Did you sit in his stun? Ret's atm doing amazing dmg IF you sit in his stun, i can crit 1.2-1.5mil in Wpvp if a person does not trinket, and if Ret is good he can manage 2 of those high dmg attacks in 1 stun

So over all, pvp balance/game play is fine. The gearing part is annoying
    )
    Do you honestly think that 'amazing" damage is good and fair u fucking fool? Absolutely not. Pallies are pround members of the flavour of the month club and are def in need of some super nerfs along with DH's dmg, rogue dmg and tanks. How this shit went live is beyond me. World PvP is in terrrrrrrrrrible shape. They force every single person with a tank spec to spec tank. If you don't you're a clueless moron and you deserve to die. Holinka should be fired immediately and I don't say that lightly. We're talking out people livelihoods here but he is an absolute disgrace to game development and has proved it time and time again for the past years. He 100% has to go.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Wass; 2016-09-12 at 04:50 PM.

Deleted
    Melees need nerfs across the board.

I enjoyed PvP alot in early expansions and cata. Then MoP came, enjoyed it less, but still played it alot. I didn't bother in WoD. Wanted to try it out again in legion. Yeah sticking to PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodgela View Post
    Do you honestly think that 'amazing" damage is good and fair u fucking fool? Absolutely not. Pallies are pround members of the flavour of the month club and are def in need of some super nerfs along with DH's dmg, rogue dmg and tanks. How this shit went live is beyond me. World PvP is in terrrrrrrrrrible shape. They force every single person with a tank spec to spec tank. If you don't you're a clueless moron and you deserve to die. Holinka should be fired immediately and I don't say that lightly. We're talking out people livelihoods here but he is an absolute disgrace to game development and has proved it time and time again for the past years. He 100% has to go.
    Well good morning to you too sir, i am glad to start off my morning with ur offensive jump towards me and calling me fool for no reason =).
    Please point me out in my post where did i say "it is fair" or "i think this is a proper balance", you would not, since i never wrote it, hence there is no need to nerd raging and calling me names, if you read my other pvp posts, i speak in favor of nerfing dmg and burst across board for all melee and some casters, including Rets.

Secondary, Ret is biggest underdog in WoW pvp history, so not sure where you are getting that Ret is FOTM, once in a blue moon we get good but then we are nerfed to the ground with in next couple weeks and we stay nerfed for the rest of xpac, so clearly you don't play Ret at high enough lvl to make such statements.

They do not force ppl with tank specs spec tanks lmao, because in PvP instances tanks are not strong, they die without problem and pose no real threat to a healer or dps who can off heal, read pvp templates for more in detail information.

The only part that i agree with you, is that Holinka has to go, but once he is gone, there is a chance the next guy will be even worst, so here is a food for thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    PVP's a fucking mess which is a shame because its the only reason I play. Im quitting if they dont change things drastically. Removing PVP gear and a vendor was retarded. Grinding for honor talents is retarded. Having to pve for the ilvl is retarded. Damage is retarded. Pvp is broken atm. Waste of 50$
    I am so lucky I didn't waste money on Legion. So many things wrong with Legion but PVP players are treated like 2nd class players to a game they pay the same as PVE players.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Every artifact level increases your stamina. You should level up, and judging by your post probably also gear up, instead of complaining about burst you know nothing about.

2) If you have to do just one PVE world quest / class quest to PVP they've failed? Or do you get to decide at which arbitrary point PVE isn't allowed to progress your PVP?
    I didn't buy Legion because I saw how crappy Legion PVP was in the alpha. Now to address your misleading info.

1 Artifacts also are DPS increases as you rank them up. 3 months from now the damage WILL outstrip the puny stamina increases.

2. If you have to PVE to PVP for gear then that is broken. How you like them apples PVE dragonslayer?

I'm playing a moonkin right now and it really sucks. Druids are supposed to be fairly squishy but they make up for it with good movement, heals and some cc and bear form. But you soon come to realize that doesn't mean anything when you face your first demon hunter in which literally you CANNOT escape and does insane burst magic damage which negates bear form, has a damn ranged interrupt and does more healing than you when you're spec'd resto affinity. Fighting a demon hunter 1v1 is so pointless. Same can be said for rogues and monks who have insane mobility and damage. Warriors, DKs and Enhance shaman seem much more balanced and survival hunters actually seem undertuned. And then there is ferals.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQy_WLt9hA
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2016-09-12 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    Blizz actually banned around 10000 accounts that were cheating in pvp right before Legion. Gear differerences give extremely small advantages. You do NOT need to play PVE to get gear, rated pvp gear is really good. The biggest advantage you can get is probably from honor levels and artifact traits. You choose if you want to reset your honor levels, and if you play regularly you won't be far behind at all in artifact power. There's also catchup mechanisms for this.

All of the above are facts, but if you guys want to keep spewing garbage, go ahead.
    Blizzes bans are actually a running joke to anyone who has more than 4 brain cells to rub together, or isn't a shill.

A few are perma-bans, most are temps, but either way they simply buy another acct. and they're right back in, or they wait out the time. If you had bothered to check the threads I linked you'd see that. If Blizz were serious they'd do perma method-of-payment and name/address bans; they could also do hardware bans.

Blizzard's "banwaves" are mere PR stunts that don't even pass the laugh test. They never have.

Individual gear differences, when added to talents and AP, and when accumulated on a team, will be much greater than "extremely small". Realize that you'll often have 2 or 9 or whatever # players with you in Rated with a similar advantage when you que into lower teams (and que dodging). It will create a haves and have nots hierarchy, and gear/bracket walls that will be hard for lower geared players to overcome once the few are decked with BiS or near-BiS.

Add that to the scripters, pilots, wintrades and it's a cesspool that will cause many to throw up their hands and bail. It will be great for those at the top of the brackets though, almost all of which have never won a clean title/rank from start of a season to end.

Endless shitty RNG drops is not a credible way to gear for PvP, and Blizz can stealth tune the rates anytime they want.

The spin that "gear won't matter in Legion PvP!" was yet another marketing psyops push that worked on those who wanted to believe it. I'm sure that alone sold a ton of copies.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My rDruid got rekt by a ret this morning, felt like uninstalling.
    Were you by chance near Bradensbrooke?