Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    >fotm kid rolls COP spam in legion, is a shadow mage
    >real shadow gets introduced again
    >hates "new" class
    >୧༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽୨
    I guess, real shadow's main description is being shit-tier. Well, okay then, hope you enjoy licking the bottom of recount for two years.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    I pugged couple mythics over the span of two weeks when my guildies were not online and I'm yet to experience some kicking because spriest or "low dps". Neither I or even randoms I ran with expect shadow priest to be any valuable on short-living (under 20 seconds) trash packs, nature of the spec. I can rarely find a spec that can beat me on 2-3 high HP trash mobs or bosses though, so it balances out.

Maybe your experience OP comes from normals and heroics where pretty much everything dies in one Havoc's Eye Beam, but I have never been kicked from such either, always performing at least decently when I was starting gearing up. Now it's hard to evaluate, since I outgear them by a long shot.

Just did a guild run through all the mythics. Man, wasn't pretty. Being bad at AoE is one thing, but I was getting destroyed on single target too by a fire mage and unholy DK on many fights. I always thought my single target was fairly good doing random pug heroics and feeling like a god, got a good wake-up call from actual good players at my ilvl who know what they are doing. Felt like deadweight on probably 95% of the run.

If we are going to suck at AoE at least let us be top tier single target. Oh wait, we rely on a stupid talent that only works in raids and have no strong cooldown for the 1 minute 30 secs~ boss fights. So dumb. I don't see how shadow is ever going to be viable in high mythic+. Good luck trying to pug them too.
    Last edited by Dawnrage; 2016-09-10 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If only there were situations for SP where two-three targets stay alive enough time to multidot them and rotate voidbolts on them to keep dots refreshed... Why there are no encounter like that?
    there are in mythic + plenty of those

Deleted
    I have seen quite a few shadow priests do really well in mythic i guess your just shit and if you hate the shadowform shit Why would you even play shadow priest i cant tell if your too stupid to understand or trolling

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-11 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorderi View Post
    I have seen quite a few shadow priests do really well in mythic i guess your just shit and if you hate the shadowform shit Why would you even play shadow priest i cant tell if your too stupid to understand or trolling
    Yes, definitely trolling. 90% of the EU and US priest forums are trolling too. Get out.

Deleted
    Some people have already invested too much time, even to the point of no return. Refrain your pointless, irrelevant arguments for yourself.

Ironically that speaks against your group instead of for the shadows you played with. Shadow mechanics make it mathematically impossible to compete with lots of specs if they're playing decently well.

I'm trying to figure out how he was kicked. I've been last in dps plenty of times or have seen others be last. Nobody's been kicked in any dungeon i've been in unless they dc'd.

I make my own groups now and i dont get kicked , i completed some mythics as shadow and i averaged around 110k dps , ofc i got destroyed by the main tank and everyone else but at least none complained , i fair better at single target thats for sure , i beat the tank(oh shit that is an achievement) and i can also top from time to time BUT its still not good enough , my single target is basically a bit worse or at the very least equal to other classes , nevertheless priest is completely broken except one scenario and that is when the boss last a lot on the execute phase , if that happens then we may make a comeback and beat the other classes on the meters , here is how we fair:

1. Many weak trash mobs: we got nothing here , multidoting will not work , we will still end up on the bottom , our best chance is to spread shadow word and mind sear on form and it wont be enough anyway. A VERY tedious process just to get nothing out of it.

2. 2-3 medium strength mobs: again nothing , mind sear is weaker , the aoe spam of the other classes hits more than our sw/vt/ms combined , again this is tedious and we get nothing

The above is probably true for both raid and mythic dungeon trash packs , if you disagree then give me a proof with a proper explanation , i can barely surpass 100k dps here , while i can do around 130-150k(180k+ with bl) st on bosses with execute phase included.
    While you are busy spreading your vt , the monk on your party is already at 400k dps and after that you see *you have been removed from group*

Multidoting WILL NEVER work as an aoe option unless there is a mechanic to spread it fast , also multidoting is immoral and against the guild when used on bosses with adds where you have to focus your dps on the boss ONLY and this is basically when multidoting gives you a dps advantage , its only when the rest of the raid is focused on the boss and you can steal some dps from the adds but this is against the guild , i played lock before priest and i know very well how powerfull multidoting is , i would always top the meters on bosses with adds even with destru or demonlogy spec but that was because we farmed those bosses and none would complain if i multidoted , i never ever tried to multidot trash lvl packs , i instead used rain of fire.
    Right now mind sear should at least spread all dots to the rest of targets , i dont know how much of a boost it will be but at least it wont make the process tedious.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I make my own groups now and i dont get kicked , i completed some mythics as shadow and i averaged around 110k dps , ofc i got destroyed by the main tank and everyone else but at least none complained , i fair better at single target thats for sure , i beat the tank(oh shit that is an achievement) and i can also top from time to time BUT its still not good enough , my single target is basically a bit worse or at the very least equal to other classes , nevertheless priest is completely broken except one scenario and that is when the boss last a lot on the execute phase , if that happens then we may make a comeback and beat the other classes on the meters , here is how we fair:

1. Many weak trash mobs: we got nothing here , multidoting will not work , we will still end up on the bottom , our best chance is to spread shadow word and mind sear on form and it wont be enough anyway. A VERY tedious process just to get nothing out of it.

2. 2-3 medium strength mobs: again nothing , mind sear is weaker , the aoe spam of the other classes hits more than our sw/vt/ms combined , again this is tedious and we get nothing

The above is probably true for both raid and mythic dungeon trash packs , if you disagree then give me a proof with a proper explanation , i can barely surpass 100k dps here , while i can do around 130-150k(180k+ with bl) st on bosses with execute phase included.
    While you are busy spreading your vt , the monk on your party is already at 400k dps and after that you see *you have been removed from group*

Multidoting WILL NEVER work as an aoe option unless there is a mechanic to spread it fast , also multidoting is immoral and against the guild when used on bosses with adds where you have to focus your dps on the boss ONLY and this is basically when multidoting gives you a dps advantage , its only when the rest of the raid is focused on the boss and you can steal some dps from the adds but this is against the guild , i played lock before priest and i know very well how powerfull multidoting is , i would always top the meters on bosses with adds even with destru or demonlogy spec but that was because we farmed those bosses and none would complain if i multidoted , i never ever tried to multidot trash lvl packs , i instead used rain of fire.
    Right now mind sear should at least spread all dots to the rest of targets , i dont know how much of a boost it will be but at least it wont make the process tedious.
    What is your ilvl? 110k dps is so very low.

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    What is your ilvl? 110k dps is so very low.
    my gear currently is 833 but not the best stats.

hmm not sure what people are complaint about, I'm at 850ilev and have no real issues with Dmg, of course WW monks, DH and Mages are going to stomp us on AOE. If your not topping 1-3 target fights maybe have a look over what your doing wrong..

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yozu View Post
    hmm not sure what people are complaint about, I'm at 850ilev and have no real issues with Dmg, of course WW monks, DH and Mages are going to stomp us on AOE. If your not topping 1-3 target fights maybe have a look over what your doing wrong..
    Define "no real issues". The AOE is completely garbage and there's no way you can dispute that. Boss damage is more or less "fine", but it doesn't excuse such terrible performance on trash. That's the problem. If you get pretty much carried through most of the dungeon and only do acceptable damage on bosses, something is wrong. Sure, your numbers will be much better with S2M, but you'll have it up for two bosses at most. This is the first expansion where this can't be ignored with "five mans don't matter".

I really doubt you discovered some amazing secret trick to perfect rotation, or incredible secondary stat combination which suddenly made your numbers skyrocket - and thus all other complaints are invalid, because it can be done.

Never said the AOE was great to begin with, you guys are complaining so much when it's 2 weeks into the xpac, I'm not going to deny we got the maybe got the short end of the stick with our AOE damage but yeh ST is fine. You should be happy that our class mechanics are fluid and play well unlike some other classes ie Locks.. Give it time for them to review over logs on mythic + and the first tier and I'm sure things will sort them selfs out. As for my numbers never said they were perfect but I can tel you there far from bad. So yes maybe is something wrong at your end.

.,'? Use these, it will help us understand you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yozu View Post
    Never said the AOE was great to begin with, you guys are complaining so much when it's 2 weeks into the xpac, I'm not going to deny we got the maybe got the short end of the stick with our AOE damage but yeh ST is fine. You should be happy that our class mechanics are fluid and play well unlike some other classes ie Locks.. Give it time for them to review over logs on mythic + and the first tier and I'm sure things will sort them selfs out. As for my numbers never said they were perfect but I can tel you there far from bad. So yes maybe is something wrong at your end.
    This is how I feel. Every thread about shadow seems to be an overreaction to melee/hunter/mage trash damage (something we already knew we weren't good at) in dungeons. People even with low gear expecting to top damage knowing historically how gear dependent shadow is. And whenever you tell your expereince it's impossible or you're an outlier because the class is shit-tier. Highly frustrating when you're just trying to be helpful.

This is how I feel. Every thread about shadow seems to be an overreaction to melee/hunter/mage trash damage (something we already knew we weren't good at) in dungeons.
    We're not just "not good", we're shit in dungeons.

Those classes you mentioned give up nothing in return for their over the top AoE damage. They have it, while they don't suck at the rest they're doing. We are good in a few cases, but suck in an equal amount of other cases.

See the problem? If there are classes/specs that are good at everything, you can't have specs that are bad at a lot of things and only good in a few.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    We're not just "not good", we're shit in dungeons.

Those classes you mentioned give up nothing in return for their over the top AoE damage. They have it, while they don't suck at the rest they're doing. We are good in a few cases, but suck in an equal amount of other cases.

See the problem? If there are classes/specs that are good at everything, you can't have specs that are bad at a lot of things and only good in a few.
    That's my point. I'm not doing shit in dungeons and just because you are doesn't mean everyone is.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's my point. I'm not doing shit in dungeons and just because you are doesn't mean everyone is.
    Or maybe your definition of "not doing shit" is different. Let's look at the facts:

1. Shadow AOE is horrible right now. You can't dispute this, not without bringing some magical "multi dots in mythic+10" scenario which isn't in the game at the moment.
    2. Low AOE means low damage on trash. Again, can't really argue this - especially with some classes having AOE as part of their single target rotation, thus losing nothing when they do it.
    3. Trash make up for majority of dungeon run time. Therefore, for the most of the dungeon you're not doing much to contribute.

Simple enough, right? You can spec Shadowcrash or Void Ray to mitigate some of that, but that in turn lowers your boss dps, thus making you weaker in one area where spec is doing "decently". You can spec Surrender to Madness and probably top meters on one or two bosses - assuming it even lives long enough to gain the actual benefit from the talent. It still won't make you dominate the meters to the same extent you're lagging behind on trash.

Or maybe you're just that much better than other shadow priests - all of them are unskilled noobs who don't know how to play, right?