Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Awesome profile, love it - but something weird has occoured. I've tried resetting it several times deleting everything but it seems to do the same thing, it skips FB totally, it never once displays it during any fights I've had with TMW enabled. it used to the other day :/

any clue on how to debug this?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaskdorris View Post
    Awesome profile, love it - but something weird has occoured. I've tried resetting it several times deleting everything but it seems to do the same thing, it skips FB totally, it never once displays it during any fights I've had with TMW enabled. it used to the other day :/

any clue on how to debug this?
    Frostbrand only shows with hailstorm taken as a talent. If you switched out it won't show.

Chesder, until you remove DW if that is in-fact the route you decide to go, can you move it's priority to below frostbrand? According to Wordup, you want Frostbrand up to have a chance to proc more SS from Doom Winds. Right now, on a pull it has you pop doom winds before frostbrand.

Hello,

Thank you for making this. I am trying to use this, sadly I have never used this add-on before, in fact i am a complete addon newbie. My screen has all this stuff on it once i uploaded the profile and i am trying to get it to look like the one you have in the video for elemental. I am sure it is not too complicated but i am a bit lost. Could you possible give me some advice?

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb167 View Post
    Hello,

Thank you for making this. I am trying to use this, sadly I have never used this add-on before, in fact i am a complete addon newbie. My screen has all this stuff on it once i uploaded the profile and i am trying to get it to look like the one you have in the video for elemental. I am sure it is not too complicated but i am a bit lost. Could you possible give me some advice?
    If you see a ton of icons on your screen, type /tmw to exit edit mode. It should go to play mode and you'll see that standard setup.

I made simple guides for using this addon, you can find them here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    Chesder, until you remove DW if that is in-fact the route you decide to go, can you move it's priority to below frostbrand? According to Wordup, you want Frostbrand up to have a chance to proc more SS from Doom Winds. Right now, on a pull it has you pop doom winds before frostbrand.
    http://textuploader.com/587jy

This profile has the Doom Winds below FB and FT. I made it earlier for another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    If you see a ton of icons on your screen, type /tmw to exit edit mode. It should go to play mode and you'll see that standard setup.

I made simple guides for using this addon, you can find them here.

- - - Updated - - -

This profile has the Doom Winds below FB and FT. I made it earlier for another.
    with this build sometimes when u have Doom winds as next spell and Stormbringer proc or Stormstrike come up as next spell into rotation to be used Stormstrike icon appare for a blink of an eye on the top of doom winds icon make bot of them visible for a a moment can you look into this?
    Last edited by mmoc770ecfcd9d; 2016-09-11 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    with this build sometimes when u have Doom winds as next spell and Stormbringer proc or Stormstrike come up as next spell into rotation to be used Stormstrike icon appare for a blink of an eye on the top of doom winds icon make bot of them visible for a a moment can you look into this?
    That's something that happens when multiple conditions pass at the same time and the priority kicks in right after. It shouldn't happen often but it does occasionally

Deleted
    That's something that happens when multiple conditions pass at the same time and the priority kicks in right after. It shouldn't happen often but it does occasionally
    so there is no way to fix it basicly

Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    so there is no way to fix it basicly
    There are ways to limit it occuring but it is just one of those things that will happen once in a while. In this case it's because Doom Winds comes off cooldown and has a higher priority than Stormstrike.

Is it possible to remove Doom winds from the main rotation completely? The cool down icon next to the main rotation is enough to know when to use it for me. I tried to dig into TMW to figure it out, but i completely broke it and had to overwrite the string again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbloom View Post
    Is it possible to remove Doom winds from the main rotation completely? The cool down icon next to the main rotation is enough to know when to use it for me. I tried to dig into TMW to figure it out, but i completely broke it and had to overwrite the string again.
    make the opacity for DW 0%. Thats what I did.

Deleted
    There are ways to limit it occuring but it is just one of those things that will happen once in a while. In this case it's because Doom Winds comes off cooldown and has a higher priority than Stormstrike.
    actualy is not realy rare that it occour atlast for me Oo
    maybe it would be safer and cleaner (to avoid it to append) to make all the conditions trigger on the cd icon of DW and totaly remove the icon from the rotation making DW flash when need to be used don't you think?

I've gone ahead and made the changes you wanted.

I've also adjusted the icons to show the new priority as per your request. Hope this helps

i was gonna request this but you did it already, good work thank you

imo you should make it standard

First off thank you. Your TMW string is amazing and i can only imagine the time you spent on it. I have but one request. currently you have flame tongue in front of storm strike priority wise. If i new anything about tell me when (i just installed today on the recommendation of a friend) i would try to change it myself but i dont have a clue. Would love to hear your reasoning behind this because as far as i know stormstriking is more important then refreshing flametongue buff in order to prevent a loss of ss procs. The only exception to this is boulder fist and hailstorm buffs.

Thanks again

Horridus-Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Horridus View Post
    First off thank you. Your TMW string is amazing and i can only imagine the time you spent on it. I have but one request. currently you have flame tongue in front of storm strike priority wise. If i new anything about tell me when (i just installed today on the recommendation of a friend) i would try to change it myself but i dont have a clue. Would love to hear your reasoning behind this because as far as i know stormstriking is more important then refreshing flametongue buff in order to prevent a loss of ss procs. The only exception to this is boulder fist and hailstorm buffs.

Thanks again

Horridus-Aegwynn
    From everything I have read, keeping your two-three buffs up is more important that SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippz View Post
    From everything I have read, keeping your two-three buffs up is more important that SS.
    Took this right from the icy veins guide. Storm strike is 4th and maintaining flametongue is 6th.

Maintain the Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist and Landslide Icon Landslide buffs.
    Maintain the Hailstorm Icon Hailstorm buff (if talented) with Frostbrand Icon Frostbrand.
    Cast Crash Lightning Icon Crash Lightning if it is available and 3+ targets are present and stacked.
    Cast Stormstrike Icon Stormstrike whenever available (be alert for Stormbringer Icon Stormbringer procs!).
    Cast Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist if you have less than 130 Maelstrom and have 2 charges of Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist.
    Maintain the Flametongue Icon Flametongue buff.
    Summon your Feral Spirit Icon Feral Spirits if they are available.
    Activate Icon Doom Winds whenever available.
    Cast Crash Lightning Icon Crash Lightning when available if you are talented into Crashing Storm Icon Crashing Storm.
    Cast Lava Lash Icon Lava Lash when you have more than 110 Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist to generate Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Flametongue Icon Flametongue.
    Cast Lightning Bolt Icon Lightning Bolt if you are not in melee range.

Also as a side not. After a couple hours of starting at TMW with my engineer wife we managed to modify the conditions to do what I wanted.
    Last edited by Horridus; 2016-09-21 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horridus View Post
    Took this right from the icy veins guide. Storm strike is 4th and maintaining flametongue is 6th.

Maintain the Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist and Landslide Icon Landslide buffs.
    Maintain the Hailstorm Icon Hailstorm buff (if talented) with Frostbrand Icon Frostbrand.
    Cast Crash Lightning Icon Crash Lightning if it is available and 3+ targets are present and stacked.
    Cast Stormstrike Icon Stormstrike whenever available (be alert for Stormbringer Icon Stormbringer procs!).
    Cast Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist if you have less than 130 Maelstrom and have 2 charges of Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist.
    Maintain the Flametongue Icon Flametongue buff.
    Summon your Feral Spirit Icon Feral Spirits if they are available.
    Activate Icon Doom Winds whenever available.
    Cast Crash Lightning Icon Crash Lightning when available if you are talented into Crashing Storm Icon Crashing Storm.
    Cast Lava Lash Icon Lava Lash when you have more than 110 Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Boulderfist Icon Boulderfist to generate Maelstrom Power.
    Cast Flametongue Icon Flametongue.
    Cast Lightning Bolt Icon Lightning Bolt if you are not in melee range.

From Wordups guide on wowhead:

Rockbiter/ Boulderfist to apply Landslide if either buffs are absent.
    Frostbrand if Hailstorm is talented and the buff is absent
    Flametongue if the buff is absent
    Windsong if talented
    Ascendance if talented
    Doom Winds, try to make sure Flametongue/ Frostbrand with Hailstorm are active
    Feral Spirit if available
    Fury of Air if talented and not active
    Stormstrike/ Windstrike
    Boulderfist if talented and about to hit 2 charges
    Frostbrand if Hailstorm is talented and the buff is <4.5 seconds remaining
    Flametongue the buff is <4.5 seconds remaining
    Lightning Bolt if Overcharge is talented and above 90 Maelstrom
    Lava Lash if Hot Hand is talented and a proc occurs
    Earthen Spike if talented
    Crash Lightning if Crashing Storm is talented and above 80 Maelstrom
    Sundering if talented and above 110 Maelstrom
    Lava Lash if above 90 Maelstrom
    Rockbiter/ Boulderfist if talented
    Flametongue to fill if available, if Boulderfist is talented and you have nothing else to cast

I don't know how I feel about the icy-veins guide because they have CL above SS and that is only the case if there is at least 3 targets. I know when they first came out with it a lot of people said Icy veins guide was not correct, and I do not know if they ever fixed it .

EDIT: I see they state that CL is higher with 3 targets my only thinking is that they word it differently where FT and FB on icey veins is the same as Wordup's refresh priority. In TMW you only see FT and FB if they have 4 sec or <, or if you don't have the buff at all. But it looks like SS should still be higher.
    Last edited by Clippz; 2016-09-21 at 07:16 PM.

It specifically says if there are 3+ targets on that third line. Yeah would love to know which is the .5 percent better lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i modified mine so SS takes priority of FT only regardless of time left or if the buff has fallen off. SS will still fall behind boulder and/or frostbrand however. Now you have me looking at warcraft logs to see uptime on flametongue buff on best in the world enhance shammies lol. I JUST HAVE TO KNOW

Yea I started doing that this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippz View Post
    Yea I started doing that this morning.
    Things to consider.

Using Stormstrike over Flametongue is "ok" as Flametongue itself does minor damage. This changes if you took the Hot Hand talent though, as you risk losing procs.

As for Frostbrand. Keeping it up 100% is your goal, it does a ton of damage. Hailstorm will be your top damage most fights and using Stormstrike once before recasting may be alright, but when you get strings of Stormbringer procs you cannot spend 5+ seconds without the buff.

Crash lightning is usable on single targets and only becomes a higher priority than SS when there are 2+ targets and you have the Gathering Storms trait. 12% additional damage on your next SS adds up in the long run, but the 6% isn't as big of a deal on single target so it's priority falls a little.