Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Just a normal day to me, nothing special.

Was probably doing kid stuff.

I got sent home from school. I remember not being able to watch cartoons because some of the channels werent broadcasting. I remember my grandparents had a time magazine on it the following day. Seeing all the violent imagry made me uncomforable.

I saw it all happening on tv that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    I live in Greece.It was 5pm local and I was rehearsing some songs with a metal band I was part of back then.Suddenly the drummers bro rushed in to the studio with the omg come with me to see look on his face.We stopped the rehearsal and watched greek and international news till late night.I was 21 yo.

I had just arrived home from work (was early afternoon here) and was preparing lunch.
    My first reaction was to call my partner to try and figure if it would collapse. My thesis was that the structure from the hit up would eventually fail, but I didn't anticipate it crumbling all the way down. My colleague did though.
    Initially we thought, like many, that it was an accident. When the second hit was reported, and the terrorist angle seemed more likely, we mostly stopped caring about the towers and speculated on legislative overreaction, and how would the American people -for whom terrorism wasn't much of a topic back then- would digest this event.

Buildings collapsing do affect me. They're a reminder of how transient my craft is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    I was home and called out my parents in Australia, and my dad said straight away "they thirst for more Muslim blood" and guess what happened? He was right, 3k died vs millions killed in Iraq, I wonder what kids in Iraq thought when bombs where thrown on top of their heads? The last thing they heard was a massive sound wave then "BOOOOOOMB" sound.... "I wonder if the apocalypse just happened", special snow flake Americans, thinking you've seen it all is such a cringe worthy feeling, but don't worry, every empire has a expire date on it, keep killing innocent people, what comes around goes around.
    Isis was created by your hands and Obama admitted it, cia created the taliban, your own games yet you act all innocent, the innocent suffer for your shit and you have the balls to come here and act like you suffered.....? Fuck off with your propaganda shit.
    Ban me.
    /CareFace
    The middle east gets targeted all the time. Places like the Us and Australia are generally very safe places to live. When a terrorist attack happens there, its much more scary. Remember last years france attacks. 9/11 is kinda like that, only worse due to higher bodycount and skyscraper destruction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait, I do remember learning about how jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

I can't remember how I felt but it was a shitstorm on the news.

12th grade, government class had just started when the teacher was told to turn on the tv and we watched everything happening. The classroom was eerily silent for most of the hour as everyone was focused on the TV in the corner of the room. It was pretty much the same in all my other classes that day. I suppose I felt numb to it as I live in california and it happened in NY so I was well distanced from the tragedy myself but the memory of being in class still haunts me to this day.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in 4th grade, found out because principle notified the teacher. My teacher had a sister in the world trade center, luckily for her she got out safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember that day very well, well, at least the part when someone told me what just happened. A friend of mine came knocking at my door, since he lived 9km away, in a nearby town, i went out with him for a cup of cofee, so we were walking in the center of the city, when he finally starts speaking about the plane that had just hited the tower, i thought he was trolling, since i hadn't seen any TV that day. When i finally arrived at home, turned on TV, and the first tower had already collapsed, and after just a couple of minutes, the second tower collapses , that was when the media started speculating about a terrorist attack, because the common word at that time was still an accident. Local tv channels skipped normal programation during most of the day, so they could keep updating what was happenning.

This is the PoV of someone living in Portugal.

Deleted
    I was 16 years old, I came home from school (I live in Germany) and I think my mother told me to turn on the news and that something terrible has happened in America (not sure). I walked into my room, and the heating was turned up so much, and the door had been closed, so I was greeted by this immense heat in my room, I remember it to this day, and I sat down on my bed and watched the news and I didn't know what was going on, how the hell something like this could've happened. The following days we discussed it a lot in school, even during class, everyone was shocked, even teachers and everybody wanted to talk about it.

I remember the following days that some smartasses kept spouting theories about how the US did it themselves, in order to be able to start a war. Always bothered me when people came up with this shit, because I would be thinking "how the fuck do you know, do you have some secret intel, mr. spy?". They always said it with such certainty, you could smell the bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was home and called out my parents in Australia, and my dad said straight away "they thirst for more Muslim blood" and guess what happened? He was right, 3k died vs millions killed in Iraq, I wonder what kids in Iraq thought when bombs where thrown on top of their heads? The last thing they heard was a massive sound wave then "BOOOOOOMB" sound.... "I wonder if the apocalypse just happened", special snow flake Americans, thinking you've seen it all is such a cringe worthy feeling, but don't worry, every empire has a expire date on it, keep killing innocent people, what comes around goes around.
    Isis was created by your hands and Obama admitted it, cia created the taliban, your own games yet you act all innocent, the innocent suffer for your shit and you have the balls to come here and act like you suffered.....? Fuck off with your propaganda shit.
    Ban me.
    /CareFace
    Why mention Iraq? The Iraq war had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Ban me.
    /CareFace
    Fuckers like you are the worst sort of hypocrites. You spout off bullshit you know nothing about, nor do you care about, you buy into conspiracy theory bullshit because it gives you an excuse to be an asshole, and you love to sit on your throne of self-righteous bullshit, point your crooked little finger at people who are affected by something and spew your petty little bullshit about how "YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LOSS OR PAIN!!!"

Yeah, go fuck yourself. You're just an edgy tryhard who thinks he knows shit, when all you do is read bullshit on conspiracy sites and think you're oh-so-informed, more than the "sheep" around you. And I love how you evoke children killed in Iraq, as if you gave a shit, which you don't. You don't give a fuck about civilians being murdered in any way except as an excuse to again point your pathetic, hypocritical, crooked little finger at a country you hate and spew your shit about it. What the fuck do you care about civilians being murdered, except as it helps your political agenda? You don't. Do you care about civilians being killed as collateral damage by Russian attacks in Syria? Fuck no. What about people being slaughtered by ISIS, or other terrorist organizations throughout Africa? Fuck those guys! In fact, it's really the USA funding them because something something false flag zionism something something!

You are so full of shit.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-09-12 at 07:38 PM.

I don't remember much about it, a lot of angry adults sitting around the gears turning in their heads.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Managing a small team at a client site in Washington D.C. I arrived shortly after the first plane hit (my client at the time had TVs everywhere)...there was a lot of talk about how could the pilot not see the tower. It was very sad to see, but everyone got to work with their TVs stuck on the news.

When the 2nd plane hit, we knew there were big problems, but since it was still up in New York, we spent some time doing work and a lot of time watching the news. When the 3rd plane hit the pentagon, things got crazy. A lot of people in D.C. started driving home, and I could see the traffic jams through the window. The really scary part is that the news was reporting a lot more than what was actually happening. We were told that bombs were going off at the National Mall, that there was gas in the Metro system (and it was being shut down), and that the State Department building was definitely hit too.

By this point, land lines and cell phones were useless since all the switches were bogged down with too many people trying to get a hold of each other. At that time, I had a text pager that wasn't working anymore either. I could, however, e-mail my wife to let her know a few things.

This was the first job I had fully managing everything (my Managing Director let me run this job while he was trying to sell work out in Arlington). I had one person that was delayed getting to work, and I was able to tell him to stay home after the 2nd plane crash before we lost the landlines. But I had 5 other people on site, and I really wasn't sure if it was better to try sending them home, or to stay put in the building. With what was being reported, it was really hard to figure out if keeping them in the office might kill them, or if they might get killed on their way home (with the reports of bombs going off at the National Mall, gas in the subway, etc). Around 10:30, I decided it was best to send them home in conjunction with my client.

My problem getting home is that I was dependent upon the Metro (which, to my knowledge, was shut down). I went with one of my co-workers to GW University where he had a friend that was looking for his wife on campus (they were able to communicate via e-mail). I remember when we started walking hearing the fighter jets flying above us...we assumed they were ours flying CAP, but we didn't know if that should be reassuring or a sign that more was coming.

I tried using my texting pager while heading to GWU, but it never did get through. We were able to find my co-worker's friend who did find his wife, and he gave us a lift back to my co-worker's house. We headed to a less used bridge for the Potomac, and drove by the State Department seeing that it wasn't actually damaged at all...this just made us more confused as the news we saw before leaving made it sound like it was definitely hit. As we crossed the Potomac, we stared at all the smoke billowing out of the Pentagon (there was a lot)...it was a surreal image that I'll never forget.

Once we got to my co-worker's house, he got me to my car parked at one of the Metro stations, and I finally got home somewhere between 4 and 5 at night. On the way to my car, I was able to successfully send some text pages intermittently to let my Managing Director know that I sent everyone home and, to my knowledge, everyone was safe at that point. More than a little relief from my wife when I did get home since she hadn't heard from me for about 6 hours.

Even though I live in suburbs pretty far away from D.C., our landlines were intermittent as well for the next few days; just a lot of people trying to find out about loved ones and friends and letting relatives and friends know that they were safe. My mother was supposed to visit about a week later, and I remember my oldest at the time asking if Grandma's plane was going to hit our house.

I was two at the time so I don't remember much about that day, but I remember a little.

My mom used to work at our local pre-school and she would often bring me to work when my grandparents couldn't watch me. September 11, 2001 was one of those days.

There was a TV in the room we were in with about 7 other kids along with me, and the news was playing it over and over. I remember my mom and the other workers crying and praying. Like I said, I don't remember much but I do remember the sadness. Kids take special notice when their parents are upset and sad. That day and the weeks that followed were some of the saddest I'd ever seen my parents. Such a tragic day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hu, i just realized it´s the 11th today.

Guess that means it´s no longer #neverforget.

Oh, and i was on my way home from school.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that was back at my uni days. I remember watching breaking news on TV and having a fellow student saying something stupid because he was first thinking it was some kind of "someone lit up those capitalists" urban bombing thing and then realizing it's been so much more he was just stammering confoundedly. I remember myself being appalled and thinking it's very surreal. Eventually it grew into some heated debate and you have to remember: back in 2000 everyone thought of crazy jihadists as some masqued guys training child soldiers in Afghanistan still and thinking they are just messing with US forces and bases here and then but never going far out. So everyone realized that the response will be something harsh. Actually we expected the US to use nuclear force - it was very possible with Dubya in charge.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Fuckers like you are the worst sort of hypocrites. You spout off bullshit you know nothing about, nor do you care about, you buy into conspiracy theory bullshit because it gives you an excuse to be an asshole, and you love to sit on your throne of self-righteous bullshit, point your crooked little finger at people who are affected by something and spew your petty little bullshit about how "YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT LOSS OR PAIN!!!"

Yeah, go fuck yourself. You're just an edgy tryhard who thinks he knows shit, when all you do is read bullshit on conspiracy sites and think you're oh-so-informed, more than the "sheep" around you. And I love how you evoke children killed in Iraq, as if you gave a shit, which you don't. You don't give a fuck about civilians being murdered in any way except as an excuse to again point your pathetic, hypocritical, crooked little finger at a country you hate and spew your shit about it. What the fuck do you care about civilians being murdered, except as it helps your political agenda? You don't. Do you care about civilians being killed as collateral damage by Russian attacks in Syria? Fuck no. What about people being slaughtered by ISIS, or other terrorist organizations throughout Africa? Fuck those guys! In fact, it's really the USA funding them because something something false flag zionism something something!

You are so full of shit.
    Ahh.... American getting salty at people not liking the outfall of 9/11, truly a feast for the eyes.