Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    No one wants the crypt keeper from Tales from the Crypt to be president.
    You don't want the male crypt keeper, but you're fine with the female crypt keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You don't want the male crypt keeper, but you're fine with the female crypt keeper?
    I'm not fine with any option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    did the doctor provide any reason to not believe him?
    Had the doctor said "healthiest person to ever run, all her tests were positive" maybe

Deleted
    I'm not fine with any option.
    So who would you be fine with?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So who would you be fine with?
    At this point, Stalin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Pneumonia actually makes sense given some of her symptoms.

I had stated before it seemed she was sick, but there was quite a bit of distance to go to get to "disqualified from the presidency" sick.

Sorry to state it, but people who have access to top quality healthcare aren't likely to be dying from pneumonia. And frankly if she is then she's not going to be able to make the first debate and that'll basically be that.

What's going to happen is she's going to recover and come to the debate if not completely fine at least recovered enough to actually do it which will leave the "Hillary is dying" camp scratching their heads with what to do now.

Once again -- someone who is in the process of dying running for president doesn't make any sense at all. None. It's kind of embarrassing that people think that's something that someone would even do.
    It is possible the pneumonia is a result of an advanced state of Parkinson's disease and it doesn't matter how much money you have but medical technology has limits. Anyone with Parkinson's or stage 4 cancer start to lose motor control skills that are normal to us like blinking, swallowing, etc.

Basically the person is wasting away in front of you. Sad.

Deleted
    At this point, Stalin.
    Stalin having been the worst human being to ever have lived, putting Trump and Hillary below him is quite the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    so you're saying a doctor who diagnosed pneumonia should be approached with the same skepticism as one that writes his patient has all positive tests, describes his patients strength and stamina as extraordinary, and states unequivocally that Trump would be the healthiest president to ever serve?
    I'm utilizing Wells' logic. Wells is simply supplying "Doctor said so, 'nuff said" as evidence, nothing more. Using appeal to authority makes the Trump doctor equally unassailable, regardless of whatever concerns you think there should be concerning what he has said. That's why it is a fallacy, and should be disregarded as such.

Most people regard Trump's doctor with a lot of skepticism for a lot of reasons that are entirely valid, but the most principal of those being he's insulated from scrutiny and hand picked by Trump and thus highly likely to be biased. The exact same can be said of any personal or campaign medical personnel for Clinton. Both doctors have a strong influence to present their candidates as healthy or as healthy as possible and there is little that can be done to leverage any sort of honesty.
    Last edited by Fasc; 2016-09-12 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    I'm utilizing Wells' logic. Wells is simply supplying "Doctor said so, 'nuff said" as evidence, nothing more. Using appeal to authority makes the Trump doctor equally unassailable, regardless of whatever concerns you think there should be concerning what he has said. That's why it is a fallacy, and should be disregarded as such.

Most people regard Trump's doctor with a lot of skepticism for a lot of reasons that are entirely valid, but the most principal of those being he's insulated from scrutiny and hand picked by Trump and thus highly likely to be biased. The exact same can be said of any personal or campaign medical personnel for Clinton. Both doctors have a strong influence to present their candidates as healthy or as healthy as possible and there is little that can be done to leverage any sort of honesty.
    Claiming an appeal to authority doesn't justify armchair doctoring of someone you haven't even seen, let alone been trained to diagnose. Your opinion is not as valid as her or his doctors'.

Not to mention its a shitty comparison in the first place. Trump's doctor gets skepticism for his bizarre wording. There's nothing about Clinton's doctors diagnosis that is weird or fails to explain what has been seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Sorry to state it, but people who have access to top quality healthcare aren't likely to be dying from pneumonia.
    To add to this: when she got a concussion a few years back, she didn't even go to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Coming from a person who has medical experience, clearly you fucking do. Notice how she is leaning on that post, head up, unassisted? That's not something an "unconscious" person can do.
    Unassisted? Why is she being propped up then? She is clearly being held by an aide.

Going to your GP every once in a while or learning first aid is hardly "medical experience". Keep on deluding yourself, lol.
    Last edited by Fargus; 2016-09-12 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Claiming an appeal to authority doesn't justify armchair doctoring of someone you haven't even seen, let alone been trained to diagnose. Your opinion is not as valid as her or his doctors'.

Not to mention its a shitty comparison in the first place. Trump's doctor gets skepticism for his bizarre wording. There's nothing about Clinton's doctors diagnosis that is weird or fails to explain what has been seen.
    I sure hope Hillary didn't infect that little kid in the photo op with bacterial pneumonia. Doesn't it seem extremely careless to stage a photo op like that if they knew she had pneumonia since Friday?

Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Unassisted? Why is she being propped up then? She is clearly being held by an aide.

Going to your GP every once in a while or learning first aid is hardly "medical experience". Keep on deluding yourself, lol.
    She's not being "held up". You don't hold someone up with an arm looped through theirs. The aid is clearly just helping her keep her balance because turns out dehydration makes you pretty wobbly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I sure hope Hillary didn't infect that little kid in the photo op with bacterial pneumonia. Doesn't it seem extremely careless to stage a photo op like that if they knew she had pneumonia since Friday?

Assuming she washed her hands no one there is in any danger of catching anything.

So I'm really strongly inclined to just say stick a fork in her. She's done.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

She's not being "held up". You don't hold someone up with an arm looped through theirs.
    Um, yes you do. It prevents the person from falling down. Either way, my point being, she was assisted.

I assessed what I saw, you dismissed that "cuz reasons"

You're relying heavily on the fallacy now that a doctor has said something. Before you simply appealed to the inverse of the same fallacy "You're NOT an expert, therefore wrong!"

And no... your logic didn't provide for nuance, don't crawfish now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Um, yes you do. It prevents the person from falling down. Either way, my point being, she was assisted.
    Pretending a steadying arm is what's "holding her up" is intentionally hyperbolic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fasc View Post
    I assessed what I saw, you dismissed that "cuz reasons"

You're relying heavily on the fallacy now that a doctor has said something. Before you simply appealed to the inverse of the same fallacy "You're NOT an expert, therefore wrong!"

And no... your logic didn't provide for nuance, don't crawfish now.
    When you go to the doctor and get a diagnosis you don't like do you dismiss it as an appeal to authority?

Pretending a steadying arm is what's "holding her up" is intentionally hyperbolic.
    Is it theoretically possible that, in her state, she could've fallen over?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Is it theoretically possible that, in her state, she could've fallen over?
    Everyone is theoretically at risk for falling over. Trying to claim he's technically correct is not an argument against the claim that he's hyperbolic.