Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You do realize quests have lore tied to them and so do dungeons right.

While I feel that the dungeons should be queable its whatever. My issue is there is two mythic only dungeons and that shouldn't happen at all. There should be at lease heroic versions of said dungeons.

There is no legit reason to not have them queable.
    Lol, lore..
    Just start a group and get them done if you *want to* do them. It's really not very hard. And might even get some new friends in the process. It's much better way of queuing than the random, faceless lol-finder.

But my question was to the person I quoted. If you don't want to do mythic dungeons.. why on earth would you feel like you must? I don't get it.

Mythics are only for people with friends. If you do not have friends, please go more casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quest chain should have only required heroic difficulty, I agree.

Mythics included in an auto grouping system would have been cataclysm all over again. Auto grouping gets in the type of players who simply aren't suited for actually challenging content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana1 View Post
    Mythics are only for people with friends. If you do not have friends, please go more casual.
    Or.. for people who want to make new friends. Group Finder is way more social tool than any of the automated queue finders.
    The difficulty of the dungeon forces you to communicate (at least a bit). I've made many battlenet friends through the Group Finder.

The automated finders are faceles, random and extremely anti-social. The group finder isn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    I havent had any mythic pugs hassle me like that but you could always just start your own group then you are the leader, your rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    How is that rose tinted goggles or stupidity? It's the fucking truth.
    I made points and an example and he ignored them, then repeated the same rehashed line yet again to me that he said to others. So yeah, no time for shit like that, gtfo and stay there.

These mythic 5-mans are on par with older heroics (including the troll ones) from Cata and are easier than CMs from MoP. So yes, they are the new heroics and only a fool would disagree or say otherwise just because of how they are currently labeled.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    The questchain people are referring to probably only rewards a skin anyway.
    Well it is part of class hall lore and as laughable as I personally might find someone pursuing wow lore I understand that people want to be able to do it. Obviously I don't think that mythics set the bar too high. In a month even the last pleb can roll over mythics with his eyes closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    These mythic 5-mans are on par with older heroics (including the troll ones) from Cata .
    And you really think dungeons that had to be nerfed six years ago make some sort of incredibly great argument ?
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-09-12 at 05:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post

And you really think dungeons that had to be nerfed six years ago make some sort of incredibly great argument ?
    Actually yes, do you have an issue with that? My point still stands tbh. I also stated that other MMOs have harder content on their random finders and things go just fine as well. Maybe its just WoW players are shittier MMO players overall but I still don't buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Or.. for people who want to make new friends. Group Finder is way more social tool than any of the automated queue finders.
    The difficulty of the dungeon forces you to communicate (at least a bit). I've made many battlenet friends through the Group Finder.

The automated finders are faceles, random and extremely anti-social. The group finder isn't.
    Thats odd, I have played for a decade and I only ever run into people that either play very badly or scream at me that I am playing badly and then the curses start flying. What is this "social tool" you speak of?

quests are sending me there so I have no choice
    loltw0t

There are quests that make you do pet battles as well.

I HAVE NO CHOICE GOTTA DO PET BATTLES Z.Z

Zombie mode engaged.

It's fine that there's no group finder for Mythic dungeons. Consider actually trying to find a group and playing World of Warcraft socially. That's what it's trying to make you do, though not forcing you, and it's more than fine; it's great.

Deleted
    Start your own group. God forbid you might actually have to communicate with other people in a MMO game. Oh! And the horror of thinking you might actually get to know some people you can run mythics with in the future.

Fuck this game, I'm out.

Thats odd, I have played for a decade and I only ever run into people that either play very badly or scream at me that I am playing badly and then the curses start flying. What is this "social tool" you speak of?
    While this happens often, it's not always the case. Actually, I got myself into 3-4 mythic dungeons so far, and only 1 was lead by a toxic player. The rest were really smooth runs with people helping each others out after a wipe. When these dungeons doesn't have toxic players, it does indeed provide a way better experience than a Group finder queue does with Heroics.

Deleted
    Group finder. It was added in WoD, so that decade of experience seems to have missed something.
    Try it out. People are actually mostly nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    Start your own group. God forbid you might actually have to communicate with other people in a MMO game. Oh! And the horror of thinking you might actually get to know some people you can run mythics with in the future.

Fuck this game, I'm out.
    I do start my own groups. I do talk to people in my dungeons if I feel like it. I have 30+ people on Bnet friends list, it doesn't need to be longer just because but I do add exceptional people to it if I feel the need to. I do run with guildies.

I still want the random option just because.

I think the point a lot of you miss is who cares if people fail or succeed with a random option, as long as the option is there for those that want it. Honestly, a lot of you guys just don't want it on there just to be exclusionary pricks just because. you're not fooling anyone with that shit.

FFXIV has harder dungeons and things work or they fall apart. Its pretty simple really.

They also have their mythic equivalent raids on the random finder as well and yeah, those are going to fall apart for the most part, but who cares, the option is there for those that want it.

So I ask you guys this simple question: What the fuck is wrong with having choices on how to tackle content? Does it hurt your feelings that much that a a scrub might beat something randomly without your help?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    You can't really say it goes "fine" when it's games with only 50.000 active players.
    500 to 1+ mil playerbase is more than fine for active players. I think you need to learn how to math better or understand that MMOs with slightly lower subs than WoW really are "just fine".

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I don't even want to do Mythics, but quests are sending me there so I have no choice. I have 836 ilvl and when I try to find a group here's what happens: "link achievement or GTFO". Right.
    Second option would be going in as a tank, as my class has a tanking spec, but I don't know the "things to do" and certainly won't learn them by not going there. I did play hardcore a loooong time ago and know reading about it is not enough.

The only reason I want to go there is for the story, and, well, I can't. Looks like Legion was nice for two weeks only.
    It's probably been said, since this thread is 12 pages deep, but put together your own run, or don't complain. Randomly putting a group of 5 people who are too incompetent, lazy, or shy to make their own group is not a good idea. It takes all of 2 minutes to make a group yourself that will fit your needs. Period
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

So I ask you guys this simple question: What the fuck is wrong with having choices on how to tackle content? Does it hurt your feelings that much that a a scrub might beat something randomly without your help?
    You answered your own question in your own post. FFXIV has hard content with a RNG finder just like WoW does, and I've been apart of them. The level of players you find from a manual invitation over a completely automated tool is vastly different. The average group won't even listen to you, or at best try a few times and leave. When you add in the actual manual factor of having to look for yourself, and possibly apply a little comment, it goes a very long way. You may not think that, and your personal bias possibly objects to that, which is fine -- but it's very obvious manual interaction in any system promotes a different kind of approach and community than random grouping.

And the tool you use is still somewhat random, but controlled in a sense. You still have to apply, and that makes a world of a difference. Such as completion ratios.

Deleted
    Did all 8 dungeons in the first week, did them again + the 2 Suramar ones the next week. Now I've also done 7 of them on my alt, all starting at about ilvl 820 and without even making my own group as I usually do ! If a group refused me, I just signed up for another one.

Another complete non-issue brought to you by the MMO Champ forums.

Deleted
    It degrades the experience.
    Mythic dungeons are designed to be a bit harder for a reason. They're supposed to promote interactions in the group - you're not supposed to be able to roll through them facerolling the keyboard with 4 random joes who are throwing curses and meme-cancers at you.

They're supposed to provide you with the "original" feeling of MMO-dungeons where you have to work together with your group.
    The queue finders are designed for quick fix, gathering points.

There's a crowd for everything and there is already so many auto-queue systems and there are so preciously few social, MMO-group tasks that promote collaboration left in the game - can we just please get to have one without it having to be completely ruined by drooling, toxic firestanders wanting a quick-fix-auto-pop-queues?

Actually yes, do you have an issue with that? My point still stands tbh. I also stated that other MMOs have harder content on their random finders and things go just fine as well. Maybe its just WoW players are shittier MMO players overall but I still don't buy that.
    Issue ? No certainly not everyone is allowed to perceive their shit as grand but it seems odd to be as butthurt over the reception of it.
    I don't see though how dungeons that had to be nerfed six years ago make some sort of convincing or even remotely relevant argument. In the same way I don't see what mentioning weeb game 0815 adds to the discussion. Every bit of lfd content had to be nerfed in the end if it was posing just the slightest hurdle so yeah maybe weeb game 0815 players are just superior to the average wow player.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do actually feel kind of bad reading posts from some people in this thread, assuming they are genuine posts and not hyperbole or trolling to try and make a point. Have things really gone so far that so many people are stuck hiding in their own bubble and refuse to risk any kind of interaction with other players at all, even if it means totally denying themselves huge swathes of content?

Before Wrath when there was no auto-LFG and you had to spam in Trade or General to even find a normal dungeon at all, would some of you people just not have bothered doing any dungeons ever? :/ Lose the assumptions and the fear. People are just people and despite what folks around here often make out, the majority of the community is actually quite alright. Yeah there's plenty of tools and griefers around but that's the internet, they're everywhere. You gotta get out there, form groups, talk to people. The dungeons are called "Mythic" but they're not comparable to "Mythic raiding" in any way. They're just 5-mans... god forbid 5-mans have any mechanics that can kill you at all!

I think also people have to remember when applying to groups on the Group Finder tool that you shouldn't quit after 3-4 declines. Most of the time, especially if you're DPS, groups will run out of spots fast. When I form a group as a tank I usually get about 6+ DPS apply to join within a minute or two of hosting the group. I have to pick 3 of those... the other 3 will get a Decline in their face. I didn't decline them cause they're bad or cause it's personal, I just picked the first 3 in the list that looked good.

Just apply to a bunch of groups, don't overthink it! Or, ask around on your own Realm. Maybe there's a bunch of people sitting in Dalaran thinking the same thing as you are?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!