Deleted

Did you "level" your gathering professions?

My gathering alt has been killing hundreds upon hundreds of beasts. No immaculate stonehide leather (got the stormscale one, rank3, finally)
    Not a single rank3 herb drop either, they're all rank2 (but that's going much slower, due to being unable to fly).

Any luck?

I am posting about 500 leystone and 300 felslate a day on auction house - everything is from mining deposites/seams still everything is rank 2

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    My gathering alt has been killing hundreds upon hundreds of beasts. No immaculate stonehide leather (got the stormscale one, rank3, finally)
    Not a single rank3 herb drop either, they're all rank2 (but that's going much slower, due to being unable to fly).

Any luck?
    do you have rank 2 on all leather and herb? only then rank 3 will drop
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    do you have rank 2 on all leather and herb? only then rank 3 will drop
    yes, of course, rank 2 on everything (other than stormscale skinning, which is already rank 3)
    I'm getting close to 1000 kills since rank2 (for stonehide) and that blasted immaculate stonehide leather is still eluding me.

I'm wondering about the herb thing, though. Some people on wowhead/wowdb claim it will take 5000 kills/nodes for a rank3 item to drop. Think about it. If that's true, gathering 5000 nodes * 5 (5 different herbs) ... all "on foot" (no flying)

*cries*

Quote Originally Posted by randomforum View Post
    yes, of course, rank 2 on everything (other than stormscale skinning, which is already rank 3)
    I'm getting close to 1000 kills since rank2 (for stonehide) and that blasted immaculate stonehide leather is still eluding me.

I'm wondering about the herb thing, though. Some people on wowhead/wowdb claim it will take 5000 kills/nodes for a rank3 item to drop. Think about it. If that's true, gathering 5000 nodes * 5 (5 different herbs) ... all "on foot" (no flying)

*cries*
    well 300 toys+mount speed buff in legion will be required ;/

herbalism mounted to good to pass on
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Or just use the sky golem, since you can buy it for less than a day's grind.

But not dismounting won't really help that much with gathering (perhaps) 25000 nodes when you can't fly It's finding the nodes and getting to them that's more difficult at this time.

My gathering enchant on my shoulders is spoiling me, I'm not gathering as much as I should right now