Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I firmly believe it's behind the Artifact Knowledge. At some stage one of the pages will drop a hint about "corruption", Elda would be against it but you're the Highlord (hence "convincing") and that will go on.

IMO, the updated items, NPCs and such make too much sense for it all to be a red herring. Until proven otherwise, I'm going with the front page being correct, just missing the trigger which is a certain AK level.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Is the DM tome rare? I checked all 3 locations and nothing is there.
    My 4th run now and i didnt find a single tome....

Deleted
    All of the information is gathered from datamining wowdb and wowhead.. From what we can tell (We being on the corrupted ashbringer discord) the trigger is either Sister Elda at a certain level of AK, or something completely different, like Isilliens Journal which is an npc. It's all speculation, but from what we've found, this could very well be the questline. Just have to find the trigger.

Deleted
    spawnchance for the tome in DB is 1%

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    some theory:

Let's assume, all we need are those two books and a lvl 60 nefarian head. Than we are supposed to talk to sister elda. But she is not interested.

Theory how to get her interest:

- Use spell Contemplation next to her. This spell is there for so long and hasn't been removed/useful. Now legion hits with the big prune and thats still here? Why?
    - Equip a fishing pole next to her and use some kind of fishing lore. Maybe she reacts.
    - Usually, there has to be a reason, why you should combine these books. After you found the reason, you then search to guy who can do the combination. Do we have a reason? I don't think so. Maybe we have to talk to the big fish first (in some way), which is nat pagle?
    - one of the earliest events, was the ashringer event. maybe there is something similar now?
    - So if there is - hidden - option to talk to her, how can we see it? If I remember the preevent, you had to use some potions for demon tracking. Maybe there is something similar for npcs to make them kinda... more friendly?
    - maybe we still have to fish a q item?
    - did anybody actually read the two books?
    Tried that.
    Equipped that. Even equipped Nat's Hat.
    Tried fishing where old Nat Pagle is and in Dalaran Underbelly & The Fountain, got nothing after a while.
    Don't know about the event.
    Tried demon tracking potion with the emotes and the fishing poles and the contemplations and the whatnots.
    Tried fishing at the obvious places, got jack.
    Actually read the books. Well, the one that could be read at any rate, the other one can't be read.

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Where else have people tried taking the books, I still don't really get why so much empasis is on Sister Elda, unless i've missed something obvious the original story make no refererence to her and sure she might know "about" but your just wanting to repair the book, tried inscription places?
    It's two things. The 'Heart of Corruption' mentions a look into the past, Sister Elda mentions that "it'll take time and more eyes than just mine to sift through all this history, translate it, and turn it into something meaningful". People are presuming that, if anyone's going to help us look into the past, it'll be her through research.

I still don't get why you're so fixated on Elda?!? Is there any quest text/prompt or spell that references her that i've missed? ALL the other stuff is old world stuff, why would she be part of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have we considered maybe she can't have the option if she's currently doing a work order?

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    I still don't get why you're so fixated on Elda?!? Is there any quest text/prompt or spell that references her that i've missed? ALL the other stuff is old world stuff, why would she be part of it?
    I think it was datamined that she got a quest related to it.

- Use spell Contemplation next to her. This spell is there for so long and hasn't been removed/useful. Now legion hits with the big prune and thats still here? Why?
    I think most classes has spells they can buy from the quartermaster. I doubt Contemplate would be useful for us sadly

Deleted
    some theory:

Let's assume, all we need are those two books and a lvl 60 nefarian head. Than we are supposed to talk to sister elda. But she is not interested.

Theory how to get her interest:

- Equip a fishing pole next to her and use some kind of fishing lore. Maybe she reacts.
    - Usually, there has to be a reason, why you should combine these books. After you found the reason, you then search to guy who can do the combination. Do we have a reason? I don't think so. Maybe we have to talk to the big fish first (in some way), which is nat pagle?
    - one of the earliest events, was the ashringer event. maybe there is something similar now?
    - So if there is - hidden - option to talk to her, how can we see it? If I remember the preevent, you had to use some potions for demon tracking. Maybe there is something similar for npcs to make them kinda... more friendly?
    - maybe we still have to fish a q item?
    - did anybody actually read the two books?
    This got me wondering about the Contemplation spell.

Where did Alexandros Mograine die? Maybe that location has something. Maybe contemplating there does a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    This got me wondering about the Contemplation spell.

Where did Alexandros Mograine die? Maybe that location has something. Maybe contemplating there does a thing?
    Stratholme, though I don't think it's clear where.

Deleted
    Have we considered maybe she can't have the option if she's currently doing a work order?
    That would be a big dick move, a real dick move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Stratholme, though I don't think it's clear where.
    I wonder this, since it's evident we're REMEMBERING the corruption, not actually corrupting it again. So perhaps previous parts of the Ashbringers story, and the locations it involved, have a part in this.

Hey, that's not a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSolarius View Post
    Hey, that's not a bad idea.
    if you talk to her, the UI for the work order opens. if you spam left click on her (she will say her usually dwarf stuff), her picture in the UI is sometimes bugging out. sometimes its the picture of the work order, sometimes its her face for a short time. but i dont know if this is just a bug or a visual effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the DM book, took 5 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post

I wonder this, since it's evident we're REMEMBERING the corruption, not actually corrupting it again. So perhaps previous parts of the Ashbringers story, and the locations it involved, have a part in this.
    For what it's worth, with all the items in my bag I tried Contemplating in each boss room inside Stratholme with Ashbringer (vanilla skin) equipped along with the Highlord title (I know, I went overboard), got nothing there. Hit up Uther's Tomb on the way and also nothing. Class Order hall seems equally empty. Gonna try ICC next.

EDIT:

Tried ICC, found nothing.
    Last edited by Fatali; 2016-09-12 at 04:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone tried SM or Strath with the book Light in the darkness found in the order hall? Or any other place relevant to Ashbringer's lore?

Just tried both SM and Strath, both gave me the You are in the wrong zone error when I tried to use the book.

[Edit #2] It appears that you can only use the book in zones that are connected to Legion, aka the broken isles, BI Dal, and the class hall.
    Last edited by Tanthoris; 2016-09-12 at 04:19 PM.

What other characters could maybe fuse the two books together?
    I've been checking a few spots and trying, but no luck.

It could be someone different than Sister Elda, so im looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Suto View Post
    What other characters could maybe fuse the two books together?
    I've been checking a few spots and trying, but no luck.

It could be someone different than Sister Elda, so im looking.
    Have you tried the inscription shop?