Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow look! How dare blizzard not delivering new quests every single day for the duration of the expansion? How dare they just give us leveling, artifact, suramar and class campaign quest then rehash some quests as dailies which you can choose from?
    I'm not saying legion is perfect, it has its fair share of problems, but these threads are just getting stupider and stupider.

Yes, but still beats pandaria dailies...

I have no problem with it, but i'd wish there were more random ones. A bit meh seeing the same quest so often when there are supposedly "thousands" the system can pick, it shouldn't try to repeat them so often.

I'd rather have a random assortment of quests instead of doing the same exact dailies every single day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    I have no problem with it, but i'd wish there were more random ones. A bit meh seeing the same quest so often when there are supposedly "thousands" the system can pick, it shouldn't try to repeat them so often.
    "Thousands" in total, not "thousands in each individual zone".

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    I doubt there are thousands of world quests to pick from, if I would have to take a guess somewhere in the 100-200 radius. They ARE quests repeated from the leveling quests, and there weren't thousands of those either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I don't know about the rest, but I'm defending the FUN I'm having. But then I don't play MMORPG's expecting to never repeat content. WQ's are still a world of improvement over the old daily system where you'd go to the same hub every day after reset for the same quests for x amount of weeks.

The only "kind of amazing" (pathetic) thing here, is the people lurking on the forums just looking for negativity to latch onto because they hate seeing people enjoying Retail WoW.

Out of over 100 WQ's done, I've recognized 3 from my time leveling. And I did Loremaster of each zone before reaching 110.

It's not as big a deal as the OP and some of the Negative Nate-lurkers in the thread likes to pretend. But if you do the WQ's every day, there's bound to be repetition eventually. I see no problem or "laziness" at all in some leveling quests, that you completed once on your journey to 110, are weaved into the system. There's still a ton of entirely new quests waiting... of course, you will reach a point where they too become repetition, which we shall see threads about once the WoD-newbs start realizing that the Order Hall won't become what they had in Legion with the Garrison.

My account is only a few hundred Daily Quests shy of the 10,000 Daily Quest achievement, so I have done some questing over the years, and I enjoyed it. (Which, as a side note, is why removing flight basically destroyed the game for me).

That said, LQ's have been "tolerated" from time to time over the years, but never really "accepted" on the forums. Hell, people cried like babies when they thought they had to do some for Raid gear in MoP.

So now I am just trying to figure out what induced the sudden change of heart. Maybe it is just because we are two weeks in? Maybe people feel battered by WoD and this seems awesome by comparison?

I have no idea... but it should be fun to observe as it unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Also, has anyone else noticed this influx of people with low post counts that are suddenly busy busy busy trying to paint Legion in a bad light...?
    Yea, why is that? I seriously have problem understanding why people do that? Not only legion stuff, generally making alt accounts and spamming posts.

im not sure about the whole worldquest thing, but on the long run i think it gets boring pretty soon. Its way to much repeat. There are worldquests i have done like 10 times in 2 weeks. Currently only reason to do them is to get some artifact power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    I thought world quests were gonna be new content. Not the same quests we did leveling up. Only a handful of quests are new.
    They are new in the sense that they actually reward you with something and can be completed much faster than when leveling. But other than that, these are the same quest we've had for the past 10 years with more makeup on it to make it appear different. How long have you been playing this game where you think something with the world "quest" in it was going to be new and exciting?

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you read what I wrote? They're reusing quests from leveling up as world quests at max level. When we did daily quests in Mists of Pandaria, it wasn't the case that 50% of the dailies were the same quests we did while leveling up. Reusing the same quest is not new content.
    Sure, its not new content, but there is nothing wrong with it. You see the content not very often, so its alright that it is pushed your way again, especially if it is quests where you get toys to play with

So "its not new content" is not really an argument, when many players are enjoying it none the less. Tell my why it is unenjoyable and we might have a talk going

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Wow look! How dare blizzard not delivering new quests every single day for the duration of the expansion? How dare they just give us leveling, artifact, suramar and class campaign quest then rehash some quests as dailies which you can choose from?
    I'm not saying legion is perfect, it has its fair share of problems, but these threads are just getting stupider and stupider.
    They are all from the same 3 guys pretty much, so i just think it is them getting stupider and stupider xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    im not sure about the whole worldquest thing, but on the long run i think it gets boring pretty soon. Its way to much repeat. There are worldquests i have done like 10 times in 2 weeks. Currently only reason to do them is to get some artifact power.
    Welcome to every single MMO world content since ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevalus View Post
    This is a lot less repeatable than any dailies have ever been in this game. If you fail to see that you haven't been playing Legion at all or you are just bashing for the sake of bashing. Legion has flaws of course, but world quests is not one of them.

A few points to make:

1) I am not "bashing" Legion in any way... I am honestly amazed.

2) I was one of the few that thought the diversity of the MoP dailies was great (although I do admit that they did not expand on them much as the expansion progressed). But the forums crowd HATED MoP dailies for all they were worth, from the very start... which is part of why I consider this amazing.

3) No, I am not currently in Legion. I will probably return when flight gets put in. Until then, I am keeping tabs on things (in case it happens soon)... and If it gets drug out too long I will eventually get bored and wander off for a while. No biggie.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-12 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You thought wrong. It was quite clear that world quests would include leveling quests as well as some new ones.

Why was it clear? Because Blizzard said outright that they would do this. The reason is to mitigate the usual daily quests that repeat every other day or so for months. Personally I'd rather have the variety with much less repetition.
    This still happens quite a bit though. I am pretty sure I fought the Moonkins in Val'sharah probably at least 4-5 times within the last 10 days. I get the Zoo quest in Suramar every 1-2 days after unlocking it. I am pretty sure I fought Arru at least 3-4 times as well.

So far, it doesn't feel that much different than the Golden Lotus quests where after your initial quests you got send to 1 out of 3 random locations for a few quests and then killed a named.

Now I still like World Quests and think they are one of the best things added, especially since it allows to easily add content to pretty much every part of the world. But Blizzard said something like "There are 300 unique World Quests! It will take weeks or even months for a single person to see them all!" Well, if that's true, I am pretty sure the only reason for that is because ~150 of those quests are for various professions and it will only take so long because of weekly world boss quests. The "normal" quests don't have enough variety, imo.

dailys or standard repgrinds i prefer , because u can farm / grind for something. wq is just boring very soon. u travel there , do something for 2 minutes and than get a reward. No hourllong mob grinding and stuff, so after like an hour of login you are out of things to do. There is not a single repgrind in legion, which makes me very sad. Even WOD did this better with the only 5 or so reps you could grind out and later on at tanaan the saber mounts. And now its even less stuff to do

Deleted
    Dailies are one thing. But dailies at max level are still supposed to be new quests. Not old quests from the leveling experience.
    yes for sure i agree with you the world quests are a fucking joke, people only like them because they give extremely good rewards and are supper fucking easy, but 1 month down the line everyone will start to whine about them because they will be useless.

Did you read what I wrote? They're reusing quests from leveling up as world quests at max level. When we did daily quests in Mists of Pandaria, it wasn't the case that 50% of the dailies were the same quests we did while leveling up. Reusing the same quest is not new content.
    LOL the mop dailies were new ONE time, and then they were "rehashed" the next several hundred times you did them.

OP... you are right... much of the World Quest content is just repeats of the leveling content. It's not overly exciting, and when you factor in how much time you waste traveling without flight between rehashed quests... time you could at least spend on alts... it's really pretty abysmal.

However, there are peeps (defending Blizz tooth and nail) that are completely happy doing the same shit over and over after only a few days from launch... getting Heroic and Mythic gear handed to them for picking up nuts and squirrels. Cause.. you know.. that's that engaging world shit that flying "ruins".

Blizz probably already has 7.1 done... and will release it when they see enough people unsubbing from boredom. If they can keep up that pace... it will keep Legion afloat... but just barely.

World quest is a improvement to wod systems, but I still feel that mop had a better systems of dailies.

Eh, I don't really see the problem with it. We run the same dungeons and raids over and over, after all. What's the difference between repeated quests and farming dungeons or raids?
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Did you seriously expect an endless amount of additional content at level 110 of brand new quests that will last the rest of the expansion?

If so, lmao'n at you my dude.
    lol

It's either all repeated or infinite number of unique content. Not possible for something to be in between?

/facepalm at black and white thinking