Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No it doesn't, because a lot of people are smart enough to realize that the system mathematically means that you are 85% likely to NEVER reach those ratings. It incentivizes people to not even get on the ladder.

It's EXACTLY what happened in Lich King. People just quit propping up the ladder, and all of the people who used to crow about their ratings and how awesome they were complained because they couldnt break 1650 rating with a tiny pool of players.

Learn from history, son.
    Pvp in wrath was at the biggest and most active it ever was. Its a stupid argument. Also, who cares about the bottom feeders, if pvp is balanced and fun its good, if its not its bad. How someone who cant break 1.5k feels about that is about as relevant as how some lfr guy feels about mythic balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    There are systems like PunkBuster that can get the serial numbers of scanned hard-drives or parts of the PC's hardware, used in games like Battlefield, CoD, Far Cry, etc. By and large it is more effective than what Blizz has done in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing a PvP game is exactly what many buy WoW for, not PvE dictated by Blizz to get PvP gear.

Your other argument is contradictory - that people get the reward of better gear for higher CR so it's an incentive to play better, at the same time gear "doesn't mean anything".
    Gear means something outside of rated pvp, most people dont actually pvp 24/7, they do other stuff - for all other stuff that gear means a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    Instead of making a new topic lemme ask here. I'm thinking about rerolling. I need a class/spec that is not extremely squishy and fun to play. I'm playing a demon hunter right now but that class is really not working for me, not my style.
    Cant answer that, not my style is the problem here. We cant judge that so we cant really answer for you. Just play the class you like, i think legion beta is still up so try them out and go with the one that suits you.
    Last edited by Crruor; 2016-09-12 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    That's where your ASSumption is wrong. I don't necessarily hate the game, I hate what Blizz has done to it and how they show outright contempt for their paying customers, disguised behind their ongoing PR happy-talk bullshit.

"Guaranteed lewts!"...like a few AP or insignificant amounts of gold, or mana pots, etc. Laugh out fucking loud. I've seen people getting 5 dupes from the shitty RNG. Maybe you think that's "protection against getting repeats", yeah well if you think getting half a dozen is "better" than getting like 14 or something then that's some great "protection".

The reality is it's just forcing an unnecessary, mindless grind instead of working toward gear you can choose and knowing what the stats will be.
    No, when I'm saying guaranteed loot I'm talking about 2 PIECES OF GEAR for every rated queue every week. That's a fact, you probably don't know what those are though, you seem to just be mindlessly trolling.

Honestly don't know why this thread hasn't been closed yet

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    So far i enjoy it but there are some annoying things like getting stunned for around 10 from rogues or tank Demon hunters healing from 1% to 100% in 1 second while fighting 1v5 people. Im not sure why they gave so many stuns to rogues or why tank DHs are so tanky in PVP.
    The more damage DHs do the more they heal for, so if you allow him to pop cds on 5 people he heals absurd amounts and cleaves them all down, if he gets kited or cced he does nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Gear means something outside of rated pvp, most people dont actually pvp 24/7, they do other stuff - for all other stuff that gear means a lot.
    Which is totally beside the point and basically nonsense. Of course there are some things you do outside of PvP, but your PvP gear usually was sufficient for that in prior xpacs, unless you wanted to raid at higher levels too then you'd go get a raid set.

"PVP impressions so far?" is about PvP, not scripted dragon slaying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    No, when I'm saying guaranteed loot I'm talking about 2 PIECES OF GEAR for every rated queue every week. That's a fact, you probably don't know what those are though, you seem to just be mindlessly trolling.

Honestly don't know why this thread hasn't been closed yet
    Let us know how many times those "2 PIECES OF GEAR for every rated queue every week" aren't vendor/DE trash or dupes, like 99% of Assran drops were in WoD.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a little bit of PVP over the last few days on my main, after doing lots of PVE. I've also levelled my DH to 110 today as well. My experience is of having done BGs for almost the entireity of Cataclysm, RBGs and BGs in MoP up to 2k and RBGs and Arenas in WoD around 1800. My opinions so far?

I have nothing really that I would describe as positive about it. Gear meaning pretty much nothing and ilvl being all that's important for about a 2% increase feels crap and unrewarding. There's not really much reason to gear in PVP unless you want to PVE. My DH went into a BG as soon as it hit 110 and was doing 1/4 more damage than the person in second place. If I planned to just play the Character for PVP, I have absolutely no incentive to win BGs in terms of gear, because it means nothing at the end of the day. It's a PVE thing now, and all that matters in there is your ilvl.

On the other side of this, you still have your imbalances with regards to Artifact Power/Weapons and Honor Talents. More HP, stronger abilities, new abilities for something that would take some time to get from just PVP feels poor. It's much more rewarding to PVE and do World Quests and Surumar for Artifact Power and PVP Gear, and even then, things like trinkets are disabled in PVP so they're a PVE item primarily.

On to classes, obviously it feels as all the PVPers have said during development. The prune is really felt, and most of your utility is gone. Whilst playing my DK, I feel loosing options on things like Death Pact is painful, and especially garbage like Wraith Walk when you can permanently be slowed by a Hunter making it pointless to do anything but die (Can't run away, can't get/stay close or if you do require Death Strike to try and heal). It feels simplified, to the point when there's often not much of a choice in what you do because the choice doesn't exist.

Regarding rewards, the main things I can think of for me is cosmetic or PVE wise. PVP gear for me right now I have on my DK just because it's the higher ilvl for my gear. It means much more for PVE than PVP, and to get it I did a World Quest. Should I not get gear from BGs more reliably and better? Also, the amount of Artifact Power from a BG is pitiful. 50 AP when I need 18k is pathetic, I almost felt insulted when I saw it. As for the boxes, I've recieved a variety of PVE things, such as Order Resources, Yseralline Seeds, Alchemist Potions and all sorts of random rubbish. I currently have two Marks of Honor from BGs, and I've definitely won at least 10 BGs. The only item I've received of interest was a Draught of War, but all it seems like is a 1 time use slightly more powerful Healthstone. Just makes me question what exactly should be in these boxes and why am I getting this random assortment.

Maybe I'm a little bitter, balance in terms of BGs I've been in has been okay. I still plan to Level my Warrior for PVP and RBGs, but I'm questioning if I will find they enjoyment from PVP I've had in previous expansions. I don't have much opinion on Prestige, but having played CoD (Which is what it is), I don't really think it will bother me too much (Unless there's talents like the bottom tier for Blood DK where the first two talents of that tier I plain refuse to talent into as they're the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen exist, I mean seriously, what Blood DK wants to loose 10% of their HP when they use an ability for a bit of increased damage. Most daftest Talent I've seen so far.)
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being a very casual PvPer, I tried to heal few BGs as a Holy Priest to take a break from five mans and wow... did healing go down the drain since 100 or what. Even though I have shiny new PvP talents to help me out, it feels like I'm barely making any difference and dps'ers burst through my cooldowns anyway. If any melee decides to sit on me, I'm pretty much dead. Feels almost impossible to get away from them - any stun gets trinketed, they have multiple charges, blinks, constant root, long stuns and interrupts. Doesn't matter if I luck out and bait a kick, I still can't outheal their damage.

It didn't feel that bad in prepatch - if anything, damage was probably a bit too low back then. But now I feel pretty much useless as a healer, except if someone is blind and completely ignores me, allowing me to cast all heals without interruption. Once they do, it's 5 second stun, root/constant slow, and spell lockout. It's almost better to get killed and have some free healing in SoR form than try to delay the inevitable.

In addition to that, world PvP was a total mess, with tanks being a raid bosses who can solo four people easily and heal for insane amounts. Everything just feels horribly imbalanced right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post

Regarding rewards, the main things I can think of for me is cosmetic or PVE wise. PVP gear for me right now I have on my DK just because it's the higher ilvl for my gear. It means much more for PVE than PVP, and to get it I did a World Quest. Should I not get gear from BGs more reliably and better? Also, the amount of Artifact Power from a BG is pitiful. 50 AP when I need 18k is pathetic, I almost felt insulted when I saw it. As for the boxes, I've recieved a variety of PVE things, such as Order Resources, Yseralline Seeds, Alchemist Potions and all sorts of random rubbish. I currently have two Marks of Honor from BGs, and I've definitely won at least 10 BGs. The only item I've received of interest was a Draught of War, but all it seems like is a 1 time use slightly more powerful Healthstone. Just makes me question what exactly should be in these boxes and why am I getting this random assortment.
    That's because you were being insulted. That was Blizz giving you the ol' One Finger Salute in appreciation for buying their shitty xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No it doesn't, because a lot of people are smart enough to realize that the system mathematically means that you are 85% likely to NEVER reach those ratings. It incentivizes people to not even get on the ladder.

It's EXACTLY what happened in Lich King. People just quit propping up the ladder, and all of the people who used to crow about their ratings and how awesome they were complained because they couldnt break 1650 rating with a tiny pool of players.

Learn from history, son.
    It's why there shouldn't be a gear gap in PvP at all. I don't know why people would take PvP seriously in WoW, because the developers have never taken it seriously themselves. People talk about WotLK being some great time where everything was balanced, and yet forget the numerous completely broken things that every season had. I forget what s5 had, s6 was all about Frost DKs, s7 had people finally realizing how broken Prot Warriors were when you stacked block value (something I'd been doing since TBC and wrecking people with), etc.

I don't think WoW has ever been a "PvP game." Even in vanilla, while I think the idea of Horde fighting Alliance was an initial big goal for them, they quickly switched over to focusing on PvE as raiding turned out to be very popular (as were dungeons, especially the multiple group dungeons like Stratholme and UBRS.)

PvP has always been just "something you can do" in WoW. It's possible that it's worse now than it has been before but... what were you expecting, really? This is nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because you were being insulted. That was Blizz giving you the ol' One Finger Salute in appreciation for buying their shitty xpac.
    That's just hyperbole. Legion is a fantastic expansion, just not for PvP. I got bored before I even hit level 92 in Warlords (and so apparently missed out on the infinite gold-printing machines), while Legion's keeping me hooked and interested.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Vodakhun View Post
    There is guaranteed loot every week from rated queues, and protection against getting repeats. If you hate this game so much, why don't you just fuck off instead of spreading bullshit and lies in a forum for fans of the game?
    Protection against repeat gear? Bahahahah..there is no protection for repeats right now..you expect there to be a streak break for rated boxes when there isn't any for randoms? You are in for a rude surprise.

Can you be any less toxic? The season hasnt even started yet and everywhere people are claiming they love legion yet because you dont like the gearing process its a shitty xpac? Maybe tone down the hyperbole a bit.

Deleted
    Battlegrounds are god awful, stupidly tried to do some bgs on my resto sham alt with a friend, in my second bg 27 out of 30 players in ab were melee, pretty sure 75+% every game was melee, i spent more time in gy than than alive in any game with more than one dh, just a plague of rogues and demonhunters every game, last bg dh did triple anyone else in dmg.

Gearing is basically a joke, my mains sitting at 847 ilvl doing mythics/wqs, and yet bg gear is 805? and now world quests that drop pvp gear have been nerfed. if it wasnt for honor talents id just gear through pve and never touch another bg.

world pvp = play tank or gtfo.

All in all this is first expansion since tbc ive enjoyed and played far more pve content than pvp content, and i fell like im not the only one, hopefully arenas are better but blizz have a bad track record with balance in first seasons so yeah maybe ill just pve till next season.

Quote Originally Posted by zerzo View Post
    Battlegrounds are god awful, stupidly tried to do some bgs on my resto sham alt with a friend, in my second bg 27 out of 30 players in ab were melee, pretty sure 75+% every game was melee, i spent more time in gy than than alive in any game with more than one dh, just a plague of rogues and demonhunters every game, last bg dh did triple anyone else in dmg.

Gearing is basically a joke, my mains sitting at 847 ilvl doing mythics/wqs, and yet bg gear is 805? and now world quests that drop pvp gear have been nerfed. if it wasnt for honor talents id just gear through pve and never touch another bg.

All in all this is first expansion since tbc ive enjoyed and played far more pve content than pvp content, and i fell like im not the only one, hopefully arenas are better but blizz have a bad track record with balance in first seasons so yeah maybe ill just pve till next season.
    If i recall, the pvp gear is tied to your honor level and not overall ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zerzo View Post

It's shaping up to be that way for me, too. Going all the way back to vanilla, PvP was my primary reason for playing. I didn't always take it seriously (I think s6 and s7 were the only times I was "serious" about it, and I think that's just because I had a very active, organized guild with lots of people that wanted to PvP), but it was still my major incentive to play.

Legion appears to be doing away with that for me.

It's too bad. I think "PvP RPG" could become an interesting esport since it has many things in common with class/hero-based shooters like Overwatch and MOBAs. And, as far as I'm aware, it's pretty vacant. I don't think there are any RPGs that really emphasize PvP as anything but as something to do between raids, etc.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

That's just hyperbole. Legion is a fantastic expansion, just not for PvP. I got bored before I even hit level 92 in Warlords (and so apparently missed out on the infinite gold-printing machines), while Legion's keeping me hooked and interested.
    Except really it's not hyperbole, not when you're getting treated like a red-headed step child by a company that has gotten quite a bit of your money and spare time to play their title. The ridiculous box contents that Dristereau mentioned are a contemptuous slap in the face.

In his example of 50 AP/BG for 18k needed, he'd have to do 360 BGs. That by any measure is quite excessive for that kind of resource.

If devs do not change anything before arena season starts... this is gonna happen alot. And this is my impression too, especially in BGs, the team with more DHs is just gonna steam roll over the other team, with unhealable absurd damage.

https://www.twitch.tv/luuxia/v/87645740

Deleted
    In WotLK my lava burst 2 shot almost anyone... yet people say Legion is burstier? :S

Arenas will be a mix of DH and DK for the first weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    In WotLK my lava burst 2 shot almost anyone... yet people say Legion is burstier? :S
    The difference to WotlK is, a healer could burst heal you up with one heal to 100% again after your first lava burst. But that is not the case for Legion so far. Only with maybe big cooldowns you could. WotLK was overall a very bursty addon. heal and dps, with kind of low health pools too. But when a rog and a DH connect on someone thats unhealable damage if you just get one CC of like 3 seconds without trinket. You can not keep up with the damage. Maybe when you stand there spam casting, but yeh, with all those interrupts around, good luck with that. Only Shaman can do that in pvp.

Also, some dps classes can solo healing classes because their dmg is absurd high. Like rog, DH, to an extend warrior, DK and WW. When a rog connects on me, and i am in a 5 sec stun without trinket, I am almost dead when i can do something, or I am dead, depends. 100-0. And then there is no way I can keep up my health when I am already on 10%. And that is just dumb as fuck, dps classes hould not be able to solo Heal classes, that leads to stupid gameplay where everyone just tunnels the healer and at the end wins most of the time, because the dmg is unhealable just from 1 dps. Then at the end, the healer has made some heals 99% of it on himself because there is no time to heal someone else otherwise you die.

I have no problem with fast paced gameplay, even tho i liked TBC gameplay the most of all addons. But... dmg should be healable at the end, otherwise none will play heal classes anymore. its not fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except really it's not hyperbole, not when you're getting treated like a red-headed step child by a company that has gotten quite a bit of your money and spare time to play their title. The ridiculous box contents that Dristereau mentioned are a contemptuous slap in the face.

In his example of 50 AP/BG for 18k needed, he'd have to do 360 BGs. That by any measure is quite excessive for that kind of resource.
    Again: hyperbole.

PvP is an extremely small part of Legion and Legion is by all measures a stellar expansion that's receiving rave reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Yeah because lava burst 2-shots required incredible RNG and might take a few minutes to occur, whereas rogues can kill you during a stun on demand. Not that RNG 2-shots are good, but this is definitely worse.