Mastery vs haste?

I know the stats prority is mastery and then haste, but how does that work with needing to have haste at 65% of the mastery?

For example, if I get gear that increases mastery, my mastery will go up and my haste will go down below 65%, and if I try to get my haste up to 65%, then my mastery will suffer because of the gear favoring haste.

What should I do here?

get all the mastery/haste gear you can find, its the gear with vers/crit etc that makes it hard to reach our stat goals

You understood this in the wrong way .. you need to keep you haste at 60 to 70% of your total mastery

For example if you have 1000 mastery your haste should be somewhere between 600 to 700 .. I hope that was clear

Quote Originally Posted by Devious009 View Post
    You understood this in the wrong way .. you need to keep you haste at 60 to 70% of your total mastery

For example if you have 1000 mastery your haste should be somewhere between 600 to 700 .. I hope that was clear
    oh no I understood it correctly.

For example, lets say I have 1k mastery and 400 haste, and I have 2 pieces, one that has 400+ mastery and one that has 250 haste, should I go for the mastery or the haste gear? The mastery one is good because mastery is the top stat but even then haste would be very low compared to my mastery, and if I do take the haste one then I am not improving my mastery stat

You try to balance your stats , right now i have 10000 mastery and about 5000 haste , my goal is to replace a piece with mastery + offstat to haste+offstat or haste+mastery if possible ( like 600 haste 300 mastery on boots for instance ) to eventualy have something like 9K mastery 6500 haste , if you get the idea.

One of the best solutions would be to get a ring with pure haste , if you can afford those.
    “Everything has been figured out, except how to live.”