Hmm, the less I read the internet the more I find I do enjoy Ret in its current form. It's not the best thing ever, but I do think we're created a bit of an echo chamber here that's making things worse than they actually are.

Anyway.

Ashes to ashes has pretty much made all my dreams come true. After taking the 18 point way of getting there it feels like I'm finally complete and things have come together in way that's now fun to play. 1 single ability and I've switched back from Prot (an man am I loving me some prot). It's given me hope based on dungeon performance that I'll be ok for raiding. We're talking heroic and casual mythic here, I'll be ok. The DPS increase was incredible. It's not a good thing that one single ability that takes time to get would be so necessary for out spec but it sure feels good to finally have it. For a little testing I've found that the burn alone is accounting for about 10-12% dps, never mind the 5 holy power every 30 seconds, this had suddenly erased any and all empty GCDs, which are the bane of my existence at low haste.

Deleted
    Finally got an 835 FCM trinket after farming since launch, but after practising on dummies I feel it doesn't do that much more than my 825 Horn of Valor. Could it be because of rng with GBoM and Memento of Angerboda?

10+ Year Old Account
    People keep saying that Ret can be easily kited. Is it because we lost emancipate and long arm of the law at the sime time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    People keep saying that Ret can be easily kited. Is it because we lost emancipate and long arm of the law at the sime time?
    and freedom is still disspellable

Deleted
    What do People say about Impact tremor? http://www.wowhead.com/item=140034/i...s=1826#comment

Im not sure if the proc is worth losing 1123 str compared to my other trinket (both 840)

It's also because we lost 2nd charge on HoF aswell.

And because Derpony is fething shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedric123 View Post
    Finally got an 835 FCM trinket after farming since launch, but after practising on dummies I feel it doesn't do that much more than my 825 Horn of Valor. Could it be because of rng with GBoM and Memento of Angerboda?
    My 825 FCM provides about as much dps as my 840 HoV with a socket. Make sure you're running Crusade instead of Divine Fail if you want to actually do good single target.

Anyone have an idea on where Impact Tremor would fall under in the BiS trinket list?

I just got mine today, and it's titanforged 835 with a socket.

+915 Haste
    174,276 proc damage.

Fun facts about the Impact Tremor proc:

• That's the proc's potential max damage over its duration
    • The damage only pulses when you're moving

Unless they've changed it, that's how it was when I got it the first time it popped up. Didn't feel like it would be all that great due to having to move around/jump to keep the proc going.

Deleted
    Yeah, I think it was because I tried it on a dummy first and it didn't feel as good, but in dungeons it was performing really well, easily bursting for over 500k with hero

We also lost our snare cleanse, means an arcance mage can SS our freedom, put 50% slow on us, and u will NEVER catch him, since even if you pop HolyPony u still will be 50% slowed in it, same goes for any half decent hunter. Our mobility is so bad due to no snare cleanse that even UH dks, who are 2nd worst mobility dps class after us, can kite us by spamming chains of ice, and letting its range abilities + pets do all the dmg to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicTMP View Post
    Maybe if the "big fuss" was over something meaningful? All the community does is bitch and cry over every tiny little thing. Crying "ret is dead" when it's working fine is never going to get a fix from blizzard. Buffs are needed sure, and some tweaks but the whole sky is falling mentality for the spec is the same the start of every expansion. It's no wonder blizzard never listens because the community cries everytime they aren't pandered to.
    I'm sorry but i have to disagree. Despite dramatic, there is truth to those overeactions. Ret is not "fine". It has alot of mechanical problems. It has badly implemented systems like the blessing system, unbalanced talent tiers filled with dead talents like Seal of light and word of glory, has a rotation that is too complex for the human mind to maximise (though anyone can mash buttons and do sub-optimal damage), you require an addon to predict how cooldowns will clash well in advance in order to have as little downtime as possible, it doesn't scale properly or work properly due to the new mastery as consequence of judgment beeing locked at 2 targets in melee range and a 10 second cooldown. Changing targets is a potencial killer of your DPS, the execution talent and how it has a ghost cooldown on top of its own cooldown making it awkward to use, and finally its lacking on the burst AoE department.

So, "fine" is definitly not the word i'd use. Would number buff help? Sure. I don't expect anything else from Blizz. Corrections to the mechanic problems will only come in the next expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers would help but not by much. There's still the mechanics of holy power and the fact that even if you somehow get the perfect burst in a judgement window, you then have everything on cooldown, waiting for the next CS or blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I'm sorry but i have to disagree. Despite dramatic, there is truth to those overeactions. Ret is not "fine". It has alot of mechanical problems. It has badly implemented systems like the blessing system, unbalanced talent tiers filled with dead talents like Seal of light and word of glory, has a rotation that is too complex for the human mind to maximise (though anyone can mash buttons and do sub-optimal damage), you require an addon to predict how cooldowns will clash well in advance in order to have as little downtime as possible, it doesn't scale properly or work properly due to the new mastery as consequence of judgment beeing locked at 2 targets in melee range and a 10 second cooldown. Changing targets is a potencial killer of your DPS, the execution talent and how it has a ghost cooldown on top of its own cooldown making it awkward to use, and finally its lacking on the burst AoE department.

So, "fine" is definitly not the word i'd use. Would number buff help? Sure. I don't expect anything else from Blizz. Corrections to the mechanic problems will only come in the next expansions.
    This is totally correct. I expect some numbers tuning, probably to our generators to offset our reliability on judgement (and reduce the value of haste).

On topic:
    How valuable is haste outside of the first 30%? Does it still bear stacking beyond that breakpoint or do we begin to value crit and mastery (oh god) above it?
    A bitter and opinionated individual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuuri View Post
    This is totally correct. I expect some numbers tuning, probably to our generators to offset our reliability on judgement (and reduce the value of haste).

On topic:
    How valuable is haste outside of the first 30%? Does it still bear stacking beyond that breakpoint or do we begin to value crit and mastery (oh god) above it?
    OT: It's pretty much just to make it to the point where judgement stops being annoying to deal with.
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

So I've been playing prot for the first 11 days of the expansion, and today I finally got to dick with ret a bit in some dungeon runs, and when running with people I know, well, Blessing of Might is starting to grow on me. Leeching dps from my guild mates makes them so mad lol. Put might on a WW earlier, it procced off his Touch of Death, 570k GBoM hit. People get so mad when you beat them on dps with the difference being made up by might. "Guys click your mights off, I wanna see how much he does without them!" Good times.

Also, fun fact, Retribution procs twice when a Holy Priest dies!
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-09-13 at 05:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So I've been playing prot for the first 11 days of the expansion, and today I finally got to dick with ret a bit in some dungeon runs, and when running with people I know, well, Blessing of Might is starting to grow on me. Leeching dps from my guild mates makes them so mad lol. Put might on a WW earlier, it procced off his Touch of Death, 570k GBoM hit. People get so mad when you beat them on dps with the difference being made up by might. "Guys click your mights off, I wanna see how much he does without them!" Good times.

Also, fun fact, Retribution procs twice when a Holy Priest dies!
    Recount, Skada or uhh, the new one whose name escapes me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Recount, Skada or uhh, the new one whose name escapes me?
    Skada. /10char

Sitting at work and seeing some classes are reporting changes now that maintenance is over. Hearing a lot about Arms changes... Anything for Ret?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuuri View Post

On topic:

As for now you might want to go with at least 20% haste(30% is still juicy but you know) after that Versa and Crit start looking fine. Mastery is worst and Sol said it's likely to be buffed soon - All we can do is believe!
    Last edited by mmoc065b85a747; 2016-09-13 at 05:28 PM.