Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    The quest in Val'sharah where you are a wisp. Quests where you have to kill moonkin or sprites in Val'sharah. Harpies in Highmountain. I just did a quest in Highmountain where the Wardens told me to "kill" Arru, the bear. I already did that quest in the zone when I was leveling up! The Tauren there even said, after you bring Arru down to 50%, that he won't be a threat anymore, and instead will be a great aid. Well that didn't last long. Never trust a bear. I really don't want to do that quest again, when I already did it leveling up. And there are so many that we already did as quests in the zones while leveling up. I want something new at max level.

I thought world quests were gonna be new content. Not the same quests we did leveling up. Only a handful of quests are new.

And some are just lazy in general, like fishing 10 fish. Come on. And then the PvP world quests are, as far as I can see, the same quest. No matter in which location it is, it's always a 100% bar with killing a guard on top of the tower. A lot of the voice acting is the same, too, like what Genn says or the Warden.

And a lot of the quests are just 100% bar quests. That is just like the apexis dailies in WoD.
    It's nice to see that after I said this about a week ago everywhere, people are realizing It's not so great the world quests takes time to consume the content and -then- criticize It.

So yeah, It is just like the Apexis Dailies from the garrison, but split Into 4 smaller chunks. Where you do basically the same, and most of the world quests are the quests we've already done during our questing/leveling experience.

And not ONLY that! But you can't share In the World Quests, while you could share during leveling - meaning, you could free someone from a cage, and another person could do the same, the cage won't just vanish after 1 person opens It. This was In the leveling quests, but now In the World Quests... they DO disppear after 1 person frees someone from a cage, so another person has to go around more and find It... It's an artificial way of making the world quests harder and more time consuming than the leveling quests were.

And fanboys complaining "So what, we get to do It again! Hurr durr" It's the same quests... why? Despite WoD's horrible state In the long-term, It was a good expansion at the start, every expansion was to some extent. The Apexis dailies sent you to areas you NEVER WERE IN BEFORE, It was all new, and It took less time for you to get bored of It, and make It feel repetative. In a few weeks no less than that, the world quests will feel the same.

I'm just saying, they've been more lazy than usual. Also on a side note: I see Blizzard banned many people and still are banning many more people as Legion goes on (And no It's not that Felslate exploit), they've been rampant on banning people since 2015 and are still going... at this point I won't be surprised we'll go from 4 mil subs to 2 mil subs before the next year hits.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    I get OP's point not like 50% of this forum.

But i think it's pretty fun to re-do some quests i really enjoyed while leveling, so i dont mind it that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is a bit cheap on blizz's behalf, but it makes sense to redo them in this way due to the fact that they were designed for this area.
    Hi

Deleted
    I remember them saying it "would take a while to do the same WQ again". Well turns out that is not really true.

Deleted
    Did you read what I wrote? They're reusing quests from leveling up as world quests at max level. When we did daily quests in Mists of Pandaria, it wasn't the case that 50% of the dailies were the same quests we did while leveling up. Reusing the same quest is not new content.
    It's been known for months now. WQs are leveling quests + bonus objectives + repurposed rares + some original content. The idea is to have as much variety as possible, that's why they basically threw everything they had into the mix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    do a brand new world quest designed only for world questing. completed 100 times.
    do a world quest that was recycled from a leveling quest. completed 101 times

WOOPDEEFUCKINGDOO
    I wanted to make the same comment, but I figured it was obvious. Anyone complaining about it just complains for the sake of complaint.

Deleted
    so what if it's not new content? it's fun, immersive, tells a sotry, keeps me busy and i'm enjoying my time.
    i fail to see why it's a reason to complain 2 weeks after launch.

The quest in Val'sharah where you are a wisp. Quests where you have to kill moonkin or sprites in Val'sharah. Harpies in Highmountain. I just did a quest in Highmountain where the Wardens told me to "kill" Arru, the bear. I already did that quest in the zone when I was leveling up! The Tauren there even said, after you bring Arru down to 50%, that he won't be a threat anymore, and instead will be a great aid. Well that didn't last long. Never trust a bear. I really don't want to do that quest again, when I already did it leveling up. And there are so many that we already did as quests in the zones while leveling up. I want something new at max level.

I thought world quests were gonna be new content. Not the same quests we did leveling up. Only a handful of quests are new.

And some are just lazy in general, like fishing 10 fish. Come on. And then the PvP world quests are, as far as I can see, the same quest. No matter in which location it is, it's always a 100% bar with killing a guard on top of the tower. A lot of the voice acting is the same, too, like what Genn says or the Warden.

And a lot of the quests are just 100% bar quests. That is just like the apexis dailies in WoD.
    Go play something else then? I don't know what you're looking for I guess. I am extremely enjoying WQ and Legion in general.

I do know there are many, many more WQ. On Beta I don't recall them popping up so frequently but I'm convinced they're purposely only unleashing some of the WQ so they can keep content fresh. 2 Weeks sounds like a good time to do so and I'm fully expecting to see new "baskets" of quests.

Deleted
    Some people complain about content being reused, some people complain about content becoming obsolete too soon.

In my opinion, there are at least some new quests in comparison to the leveling process (and I already have Loremaster in every zone except Suramar), and I don't mind some repetition. In fact, I have fun repeating some quests once in a while - like being the willow-wisp which helps to grow trees and being the cute little murloc. I also don't mind returning to kill some rares for additional benefits. Since most of these quests don't take much time to finish, it's not that annoying.

I find travelling is the worst part of it all - not travelling per se, but having to juggle the flightmaster paths and the whistle. I would rather fly from one quest to another on my own flying mounts.

Edit: Regaring "sharing" the quests - wtf? You don't need to share anything, just GO there with your buddy.

Um...I only skimmed the thread. But has no one pointed out that they have world quests repeat leveling quests so that it appears that there are more people in the world due to level scaling? It's actually not the worst idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 90vyd View Post
    so what if it's not new content? it's fun, immersive, tells a sotry, keeps me busy and i'm enjoying my time.
    i fail to see why it's a reason to complain 2 weeks after launch.
    THIS.

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

I think OP tries to tell us, that this game (or generally any multiplayer game) isn't for him, but he still plays the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    It is the diablo 3 system, but they took it on from the exact opposite position as d3 did. D3 already had all this amazing extra content that nobody was seeing because there was no reward. Wow took that 'good idea', and put rewards on all this world content that never existed and they didn't put the work into, ever.

Just because it was a good idea in d3 doesn't mean it translates over to wow.
    Diablo 3 bounties are 99% a reshash of ol quests/bosses too. Only the barbarian ruins and some other stuff were unique, the rest is just a rehash of the story content. Just as wow does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    *shrug* Realized this when i first started them. does not bother me. Especially since the NPC who talks to us always has an excellent in lore reason for it. Whether it be remnants trying to reorganize, issues which naturally reoccur or ongoing issues we couldn't resolve needing to be beaten back temporarily.
    Pretty much this. I actually like that leveling doesn't magically solve the world's problems in its entirety. Killed ten Withered attacking Blue Dragonflight? They are all gone now, lel. Nah, having them attack again after some time feels more natural. And since there is no follow up quest to kill their leader or whatever like there is during leveling, it does also feel like the leveling quests had an impact and while this threat continues to linger, it is still lesser. The only issue I'd have is having named quest mobs reappear. Rares don't bother me that much for some reason, but having to kill quest leaders again feels weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any single day of the week this is tons and tons better than the same dailys repeatin over and over again. If you really think "Some are re-hashed quests" is a valid complaint here, consider the fact that dailys, while different, was always the most boring kinds of tasks that was exactly the same from there on.
    With WQs being varied and plentiful enough to offer you a choice which you want to do as well as staying relevant due to scaling rewards, the grounds for complaints here are so small it's just stupid to even bring it up. You could have had dailys, you got something much much better, so shut the fuck up and enjoy it or leave if you really think it's that bad.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    of the WQ's i've done i'd say 15% were quests that were "similar" to a leveling quest, the other 85% have been new things inside Zones I had gone through.

The problem with this overlap is that when you level a new character you basically have to do the same quests that you were doing on your main at max level again. It all adds up tediously.

Deleted
    Did you read what I wrote? They're reusing quests from leveling up as world quests at max level. When we did daily quests in Mists of Pandaria, it wasn't the case that 50% of the dailies were the same quests we did while leveling up. Reusing the same quest is not new content.
    No, you just did the exact same 5 quest day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day.

You're right, that is so much better

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The problem with this overlap is that when you level a new character you basically have to do the same quests that you were doing on your main at max level again. It all adds up tediously.
    You mean like doing the same leveling quests as your main?

WOW ITS AS IF ALTS AND MAINS DO THE SAME THING WHEN LEVELING!

15+ Year Old Account
    But that is the case if you do any content you've done on your main. You repeat it for every alt.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Unless I've misunderstood this completely, didn't you just describe every alt leveling process ever?