Thread: Metzen retiring

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He's a nice guy and an icon for Blizzards storytelling, but he hasn't done anything great as of late. I'll still miss him, atleast he wrote some of my favorite games like WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone think its funny that Thrall has had to go away and do some soul searching for a while because the doomhammer doesn't call out to him anymore , leaving you in the hands of Aggra and all his other characters are dead.

Good timing for the voice actor to go on a break :P

Metzen was cool but I will not forgive him for dropping the Garrosh spoiler at Blizzcon. Imagine MoP if no one had known Garrosh and Orgrimmar would be the final raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Or maybe the people that actually liked his work with and for Warcraft now dares to come out without having to worry about being jumped by 12 year old haters who only hate on Metzen cause "herpa derpa green jesus LUL"?

I guess people are not allowed to show appreciation for someone elses work when they decide to step back from a game or even retire like in this case.
    Name three noteworthy things he has done in the last few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzcon is not going to be the same. Me and I'm sure a lot of people get a lot of hype just from him being on stage, you always see his excitement and sometimes he's just shaking being up there. He really looked like he loved being a part of that, and I'll really miss it.

Well that explains all the characters he voices dying off.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He's a nice guy and an icon for Blizzards storytelling, but he hasn't done anything great as of late.
    Overwatch? After Starcraft 2, which is basically Chris Metzen The Story, Overwatch was his baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Name three noteworthy things he has done in the last few years.
    I dont think I should have to explain to you, a random troll on one of the most toxic forums on the internet, why I admire Chris Metzen for his work and passion for the Warcraft franchise and many other Blizzard games, like Overwatch. where he was creative director. And considering Overwatch are doing pretty well right now, I'd say that he aswell as the rest of the team behind it, did a pretty good job.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a reasonable time for him to retire in all honesty. His games have been going for 20+ years. Which means he has worked for 20+ years at this company. He has young children and probably not very poor. Most of you would at some point decide you can comfortably live the rest of your life on whatever retirement money you have saved up. And leaving on a high note, is better then leaving on a low one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Dave Kosak was writing the story, not Metzen. Stop throwing feces, you uneducated monkey.

Cataclysm. Mists of Pandaria, Warlords of Draenor.

Alex Afrasiabi, Legion.
    1. One person does not write the Warcraft story.
    2. Metzen had seniority over them and the power to approve or disapprove literally everything they wrote.
    3. No need for personal insults, friend.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love or hate his writing, he's a godfather of the worlds we love. You can not like him or his characters without being offensive and disrespectful to his legacy.

I'll miss his Blizzcon hype speeches particularly!
    Butts.

He tweeted he's still going to be around voicing Thrall in the future.

Deleted
    Good. He lost touch with Warcraft a long time ago, he stopped caring and probably lost passion to write engaging stories.
    Last edited by mmoc2cfe61b4f1; 2016-09-13 at 12:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Geek is..

Wonder who's the next to leave?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Good. He lost touch with Warcraft a long time ago, he stopped caring and probably lost passion to write engaging stories.
    You do realize he hasn't been writing for WoW since 2011-2012, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You do realize he hasn't been writing for WoW since 2011-2012, right?
    As I was saying, lost all passion for Warcraft, stopped writing good stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Why do people get so hung up over Odyn when WotLK was the expansion that started this whole trend to begin with.

I mean, you'd have to be kind of stupid to not make the Thorim -> Thor/Freya -> Freyja connection.
    Of course I made that connection dude, I literally don't care about lore.

I was just replying to the fanboy saying that Blizz lore writing is really good etc by telling him that its just copy pasta, it has to be good if it copies everything that is successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Wrong, if you see the interview about the warcraft movie, him wearing durotans fur hood, seeing the lions pride inn, he showed how emotion it made him feel that it came to life, regardless of your feelings towards the film, he loves the world he created.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    One thing everyone should keep in mind is that since Metzen is retiring and not moving to some other projects, he doesn't have to be 100% disconnected from Blizzard. I'm sure he can find time from his family to do voice acting or appear in Blizzcon, or even share his creative ideas with Blizzard, the only thing stopping him really is if he doesn't want to. I think he will stay as the "grand old man" of Blizzard even though he is retired.

I wish Metzen happy years in retirement and thank him for the worlds he has created for our enjoyment!

Another of those topic ¨I'm quitting WoW¨

See you in 2 months Metzen

Deleted
    That expansion announcement still gives me shivers:

It's sad to see him go. He was very passionate about Warcraft.