Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, giving something else for someone will cause problems for other.

Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    The pacing issue is on how time spent playing is distributed. I play 3 - 4 hours a day. A friend of mine plays only on the weekends, but for way longer than I do those days. We are about equal in time spent playing over the entire week. No matter what he does, he keeps getting further and further behind in reputation, artifact power, and chance for legendaries, since he isn't able to complete as many Emissary Quests, despite him playing as much as I do. How is that fair?
    How is it not fair?

Everything in life is like that. Regularity produces the best and most constant results. Physical exercise, any kind of learning, practicing an instrument, working on a project, sleeping, eating ... everything. Not trying to make one of those silly real life analogies, it's just, like, a literal fact. It would be pretty weird for a game to let you log in on one or two days and have the same progression as someone who has some kind of consistency. THAT would be unfair.

Your friend is in a bit of an unfortunate spot, being only able to play on weekends. But being behind is just a totally normal, and fully acceptable consequence of that.

Deleted
    I like it. I don't have to log in everyday, but still get my World Quests done. If I just log in every third day, I am still good to go. I rather play for some hours straight on, then to log in every day for just 20 mins. Pretty pleased with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Because in the modern claim culture world, Jimmy's mum will hold Blizzard responsible if little Jimmy has no self control and dies of exhaustion after farming boars for 90 hours without sleeping or eating.
    This x1000% also add in if the burn thru it they will also claim they have nothing to do

WQ are worse for the game than dailys because you can do multiple WQ a day. Meaning that people that have literally nothing to do but play WoW have a huge advantage because they can just keep doing WQ all day every day. My guild has people that completed 200 WQ achieve a week ago while I just barely completed my 50 WQ achieve a few days ago.

I dont think this is fair. At least with the dailys I had a chance with keeping up, there is no catch up with the WQ system.

Been LOVING doing world quests. They don't feel repetitive like dailies did to me, they aren't complicated in any way, and no matter what I can always use the rewards, at least for a very long time.

World quests are one of the best features of Legion, and that's saying something.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    WQ are worse for the game than dailys because you can do multiple WQ a day. Meaning that people that have literally nothing to do but play WoW have a huge advantage because they can just keep doing WQ all day every day. My guild has people that completed 200 WQ achieve a week ago while I just barely completed my 50 WQ achieve a few days ago.

I dont think this is fair. At least with the dailys I had a chance with keeping up, there is no catch up with the WQ system.
    Why is it not fair? They put in more effort and time, they get more rewards. Sounds fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Things NEED to be gated.
    I think what he's going for here is that a gate is fine to slow down the people out front. However, why do you have to put a gate between that person that misses a week of playing and the person that doesn't. Why limit to 3 emissary quests, when you already limit the rate at which they accumulate and is a gate itself? It seems the request would be to allow them to pile up infinitely, kind of like how conquest points worked for pvp in WoD, your cap being raised every week for the unclaimed conquest you missed because you didn't PVP that week.

Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    Why is it not fair? They put in more effort and time, they get more rewards. Sounds fair to me.
    Um... because you cant keep up if you work or goto school. Have a social life, etc. They should work like dailys with a limit.

I mean I explained all of this in my post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I think what he's going for here is that a gate is fine to slow down the people out front. However, why do you have to put a gate between that person that misses a week of playing and the person that doesn't. Why limit to 3 emissary quests, when you already limit the rate at which they accumulate and is a gate itself? It seems the request would be to allow them to pile up infinitely, kind of like how conquest points worked for pvp in WoD, your cap being raised every week for the unclaimed conquest you missed because you didn't PVP that week.
    Thats fine. At least there was a limit in place. Right now there is no limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes World Quests different from Daily Quests, however, is that, in addition to providing reputation, they are also your primary source for artifact power, and crafting recipes and materials. Only the Daily Heroic Dungeon rewards more artifact power than the World Quests, and even then, most of the World Quests often provide more for less time spent.
    Do you believe for even a second that if we had traditional daily quests and they did not reward artifact power and the rest that people wouldn't be complaining about that?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Um... because you cant keep up if you work or goto school. Have a social life, etc. They should work like dailys with a limit.
    Why do you need to keep up though? It's fine if you cant. Choices have consequences. Bob chooses to nolife WoW for some weeks and gets an edge, you choose to have an awesome social life, and enjoy the benefits of that.

World Quests are one of the best new feature in Legion. It is an amazing and fun way to continue questing at max level and receive rewards that actually feel rewarding. Blizzard definitely made the right move here.

Why do you need to keep up though? It's fine if you cant. Choices have consequences. Bob chooses to nolife WoW for some weeks and gets an edge, you choose to have an awesome social life, and enjoy the benefits of that.
    What do you mean? I raid in a competitive guild. People are getting mass amounts of AP because things arent limited. I only have a certain amount of time to dedicate. Many others in my guild feel the same. Blizz is promoting something that is unhealthy and unrealistic for people that have a job or goto school. There needs to be a limit to keep things in "balance".

I've never liked dailies. They've just never been my cup of tea. However, I enjoy WQs. I don't do all of them, but I do the Emissary quests and a few AP quests here and there if I'm particularly bored. But I feel like I have compelling reason to not only log into the game, but also to explore and do things which I may have normally simply ignored. That said, they're not perfect. Some of the quests are bit repetitive and sometimes the rewards do not match the effort you spent to complete the quest. (ie, take down a mini boss mob with 95M HP in a 5-man group, get 125G and a token for 75 AP; crack nuts and click squirrels for two minutes and get an 850 WF'd BiS trinket) It's interesting, too, to see Blizzard change the way the quest rewards work in an almost real-time, iterative manner. In time, I think this system has the potential to be extremely rewarding not only in a sense of the rewards you get, but also the gameplay of the quests themselves.

I'm curious to see where Blizzard takes WQs as the expansion progresses but in the meantime I'm very pleased with the way it's working right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    they're just a different type of daily quest system. personally i find them to be better than dailies, but thats just me.
    Basically this. They are dailies with added flexibility of skipping a day or going nuts if you want to.

I like the system a lot.

The navigation and overcrowded (mob density) areas are another matter.

Deleted
    Just because you can't commit more time, others should also not be permitted to do so? I'm glad Blizz changed their mind in that - and I am a super casual, not even 110 yet. More time invested = More benefits, that's how it should be. No Limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Not entirely true though. If you do more of them then you get more. So in zones like Suramar and The Nighfallen rep gating Arcway and Court of Stars, grinding out the world quests as quickly as you can so more are up that day is kinda important and slightly annoying. The pacing on quests has been changed to some degree though. The pvp ones for example went from 2 hours to 6 yesterday, slowing down the sources of AP, order resources and gear. Having a lot of content is great, but depending on the way we get that content or why we need it people end up not playing alts.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the burn out from world quests will echo the feeling many had at the start of MoP and all the gated dailies.
    important for who? it maybe important if you raid mythic (and it's more likely to be overzealous) and that is good 15 day away, not for average joe who still just waiting for lfr to open.

- - - Updated - - -

Just because you can't commit more time, others should also not be permitted to do so? I'm glad Blizz changed their mind in that - and I am a super casual, not even 110 yet. More time invested = More benefits, that's how it should be. No Limits.
    yes they can but the moment they talk about burnout and force blizzard to fuck the rest of us they should be banned from the game
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Things need to be gated so someone can't blast through all the content in a few weeks, then have nothing to do for the next few months.

However, for someone who is late to join the expansion, or someone who only plays a few times a week, but for an equal length of time as someone who plays every day, the current system is flawed.

Ask yourself this:
    If you and your co-worker both work 40 hours a week, would you be content to receive less pay than your coworker because you worked 10 hours per day for 4 days, where he worked 8 hours per day for 5 days?

I certainly wouldn't be.

It does. I like it for that reason. My gripe is that, as stated above, when two players play an equal length of time, but in differently sized segments, they do not receive the same rewards.

Someone playing only on the weekends might miss out on the Nightfallen Emissary quest that pops on a Tuesday. It doesn't matter that he plays for 21 hours that weekend, he will be missing out on something that his friend, who played 3 hours each day during the week, received.

That is what I personally liked about reputation grinding back in Vanilla and TBC. It didn't matter when you played, or for how long at a time. Wanted to grind Aldor reputation? Go kill demons in the appropriate zone for 12 hours straight. Timbermaw reputation in Vanilla? Go farm owlbeasts in Felwood until your eyes bleed. No restrictions on how much reputation could be made per day, or when it could be made.

I enjoy the World Quests, I just don't think they are fair in their rewards.
    Yeah but do you remember netherwing?
    If you played only on weekends you missed out on 4 days of reputatiom gated behind dailies? Same goes for ogrila skyguards etc.

I don't feel that they're any different from dailies, but like them due to the fact that instead of one carrot being on a really loooooong stick (faction rewards being locked behind Exalted), it's a long stick with a ton of tiny carrots for you to eat along the way. Okay, the metaphor breaks down, but my point is that I feel absolutely no pressure to log in and do every single world quest available for a faction if I don't like the rewards that that are offered by the quests. As it stands now, I do the AP and pet battle ones (plus emissary, but you can usually fill that up across two days by doing just the AP and pet battle ones) and I don't feel as though I'm "falling behind". The only ones I do everyday, regardless of reward, are Nightfallen ones. And even if the vendors did have something I would want (like mounts) at Exalted, I would still feel no pressure to do the WQs I didn't want to do because I know I would reach exalted eventually by the end of the expac.

This is different from previous where you WERE behind if you decided that you didn't want to do your faction dailies for a particular day.
    Last edited by klaghatagh; 2016-09-13 at 09:36 PM.

well, i guess ppl can bitch about anything

i like world quest, much better than simple dailies