Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Barrage is not the problem. MM'S mastery is.

Doesn't matter if you knock 2 yards off of barrage. MM's mastery is still extending every shot by many more yards than that. That's why barrage is shooting through mountains lol. How I can this be so simple to me and oblivious to the devs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that barrage isn't what is pulling alot of the mobs right?

It pulls some of the mobs but the item that pulls most of the mobs is Marked Shot.

When you fire Windburst, Sidewinders or Barrage you can apply vulnerability to targets outside of the arc. You will do no damage but apply vulnerability.
    Then when you hit marked shot, you will pull everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    You do realize that barrage isn't what is pulling alot of the mobs right?

It pulls some of the mobs but the item that pulls most of the mobs is Marked Shot.

When you fire Windburst, Sidewinders or Barrage you can apply vulnerability to targets outside of the arc. You will do no damage but apply vulnerability.
    Then when you hit marked shot, you will pull everything.
    Barrage doesn't apply vulnerability and Windburst only applies it to your target. The range of spread on Barrage absolutely is the problem. I've never pulled extra trash with Marked Shot and only once with Sidewinders. Barrage will do it every time.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen hunters mark/vulnerability go up on targets that aren't pulled. Which means nothing damaging has hit them. If you hit a Marked shot at that point. It will hit them.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is definitely possible to apply Hunters Mark to targets without pulling them, not sure what the exact conditions are to make that happen - but it has happened to me multiple times. (never used Sentinel) Pretty sure it is Sidewinders marking more targets than it damages.
    Last edited by Sazda; 2016-09-13 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen hunters mark/vulnerability go up on targets that aren't pulled. Which means nothing damaging has hit them. If you hit a Marked shot at that point. It will hit them.
    The talent Sentinel applies Hunters Mark to all mobs near the person you use it on. This won't pull them, but if you marked shot it will hit them. Furthermore, Sentinel is currently a 30% DPS loss if chosen over Patient Sniper so I don't see many hunters taking it.

Even if vulnerabilty is getting applied to targets far off, it's still the mastery that is extending the shot that far...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since, I have never specced Sentinel. It isn't the item doing that extra marking. And I am talking marking thing totally out of arch. For example, In HoV the tables, I have been facing toward the corner and had the other side of the isle get marked. At that point, you lose a shot from your rotation or pull the opposite side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since, I have never specced Sentinel. It isn't the item doing that extra marking. And I am talking marking thing totally out of arch. For example, In HoV the tables, I have been facing toward the corner and had the other side of the isle get marked. At that point, you lose a shot from your rotation or pull the opposite side.
    I've not experienced this even once. Sidewinders would be the only other ability that could apply mark or vulnerable but that's to targets it hits and does damage to.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing it's the buff that comes off Windburst being extended by mastery range. I will have to do some testing tonight to figure out what items are doing it. The extra range to Barrage has been there for an expansion. People just didn't stack mastery before because Multishot/Crit was far better. Now, because we don't have a 4pc bonus that makes those Aimed shots instant, Mastery/Haste is what people are stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    How I can this be so simple to me
    This barrage nerf is the final nail in the coffin to me for hunters. They've fallen so far from their godliness in MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guessing it's the buff that comes off Windburst being extended by mastery range. I will have to do some testing tonight to figure out what items are doing it. The extra range to Barrage has been there for an expansion. People just didn't stack mastery before because Multishot/Crit was far better. Now, because we don't have a 4pc bonus that makes those Aimed shots instant, Mastery/Haste is what people are stacking.
    Again, Windburst only applies vulnerable to one target, the person you're casting and shooting it at. It doesn't apply Hunters mark, and has no effect on enemies that aren't your target. Why are you here trying to argue when you clearly have little to no understanding of the abilities you're talking about?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It has indeed happened to me a couple of times now that when I use sidewinders, it doesn't hit some of the mobs on the far side of the middle, and still gives them Vulnerability.. Which of course, if you use Marked Shot, immediately pulls those marked.

It is not even 'just a handful' of times, and at this point I use it for farming in old content because of the wide arc.
    I'm not using Sentinel obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    Currently, I am my boss. And despite my complaints to HR, I simply will not stop sexually harassing myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marinai View Post
    It has indeed happened to me a couple of times now that when I use sidewinders, it doesn't hit some of the mobs on the far side of the middle, and still gives them Vulnerability.. Which of course, if you use Marked Shot, immediately pulls those marked.

It is not even 'just a handful' of times, and at this point I use it for farming in old content because of the wide arc.
    I'm not using Sentinel obviously.

Sidewinders isn't even the optimal ability for Heroics and Mythic+. IcyVeins recommends Piercing Shot for 5 man and Sidewinders only for Raid bosses. If it's applying mark or vulnerable to targets but not damaging them, then that's a bug with Sidewinders and not Barrage.

The Barrage problem is simple, it's spread range is too high and it hits targets you're not in combat with.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you here trying to argue when you clearly have little to no understanding of the abilities you're talking about?
    @Pipboi - there are multiple people reporting the same issue. Are you sure you want to go around insulting someone when there is a chance that he is right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazda View Post
    @Pipboi - there are multiple people reporting the same issue. Are you sure you want to go around insulting someone when there is a chance that he is right?
    I hardly think that's an insult. I told him he's wrong about Windburst. Other people have mentioned the Sidewinders bug, which may very well be real. But he's twice now insinuated that Windburst applies mark/vulnerable to other targets which it does not. It's a strictly single target spell.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will play around with it in 2 hours. Not really able to leave work at the moment to test. :P All I am saying is a non-damaging item is spreading vuln/hm. And You can see my spec in the armory it's been exactly the same since the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    Sidewinders isn't even the optimal ability for Heroics and Mythic+. IcyVeins recommends Piercing Shot for 5 man and Sidewinders only for Raid bosses. If it's applying mark or vulnerable to targets but not damaging them, then that's a bug with Sidewinders and not Barrage.

The Barrage problem is simple, it's spread range is too high and it hits targets you're not in combat with.
    That same guide also states to use black arrow for mythic+ over lock and load so take that as you will.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I hardly think that's an insult. I told him he's wrong about Windburst. Other people have mentioned the Sidewinders bug, which may very well be real. But he's twice now insinuated that Windburst applies mark/vulnerable to other targets which it does not. It's a strictly single target spell.
    He is guessing, just like everyone else here is. Is it not also possible that Windburst is bugged and exactly display this very behavior? I doubt it, but it does not seem impossible to me.
    @Youn: I am pretty confident it happens through Sidewinders, I suggest testing with that first.

Deleted
    Sidewinders marks first, but it can take up to ~3 seconds until it reaches the target and deals damage.

That's the reason why you pull "with MS" sometimes..in reality however Sidewinders would've pulled it anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-09-13 at 08:52 PM.