Page 97 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oiffy View Post
    I did a little more mining and discovered a few more texts that seem related to the quest, but it only makes it more confusing. There seems to be multiple lines that say similar things.

ID: Text

119150: You possess a powerful binding from the Firelord's kin. These are no toys, $r. Bindings such as these threaten even the great elemental lords. They are unspeakably dangerous to possess.

Do you seek to imprison the Windlord with these bindings? Or do you have some other intent?

119151: I do not fear the Windlord. As long as I have this binding, he should fear me.

119157: I care little of your Bindings.

Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations.

But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the Windlord.

119158: Bold, $r. The elemental lords are not known for their generosity.

Still, should you recover both bindings, and ore powerful enough to turn them into something of use, then I will arrange your audience with Thunderaan the Windlord.

Use the time between then and now to consider the wisdom of this meeting. I shall understand if you do not return.

119159: What would the Windlord require to arrange an audience?

119161: I have no desire to imprison the Windlord. I wish to come to an arrangement with him.

119162:Curious.

Thunderaan has returned through the efforts of the Earthen Ring. The new Windlord has risen, and it is he you should speak to about these wretched creations.

But even then, just one Binding is of little use even to the lord of Skywall.

119397: Mortal $r. You presume much to summon me.

119398: Ragnaros the Firelord once imprisoned me within bindings such as those you hold now.

119399: And greedy mortals not unlike you freed me only to strike and steal my weapon, and my power.

119400: But now that the Earthen Ring has seen to my return, I am inclined to show patience. Your errand may not be a foolish one after all.

119401: Give me the bindings that I might turn them against the Firelord and his minions, and I will reward you in kind.

119402: And so it is done, $r. Do not call upon me again.

119403: You possessed bindings such as those once before. An eternal prison from which you freed me only to jealously seek my power.

119404: I should strike you down for what you did to me. For what you stole from me.

Also to note, a few of the 119397-119404 have a note of "PlayerConditionID = 42188" or"PlayerConditionID = 42187" I don't see anywhere in the database at all where these numbers are mentioned.

Another thing: That new quest that popped up overnight is not listed in my database at all. I'm not sure if they have some way to hide it or something, but I can't figure it out. I'm sure there are people that have been looking at this type of stuff for longer that could possibly figure it out.

I'll keep looking.
    Looks like the spacing in numbers between the 51 and 57 mean they are different NPCs, also 59 and 61, and the 97+ are with the Thunderaan

EDIT: also their manner of speech is a bit different from one another
    Last edited by skindown; 2016-09-13 at 08:00 PM.

Hello rogues, visitor from the DK forums and searcher for hidden artifact skins. I found something that might potentially be rogue related?

Friendly giant in Azsuna in the cave where Prince Farondis rescues you, named Golk the Rumble. He has a quest item key and chest of unknown location, as well as a flag that checks for completion. Maybe you could pickpocket the key from some naga or giants nearby? Or bribe?

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=golk#items

Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    Hello rogues, visitor from the DK forums and searcher for hidden artifact skins. I found something that might potentially be rogue related?

Friendly giant in Azsuna in the cave where Prince Farondis rescues you, named Golk the Rumble. He has a quest item key and chest of unknown location, as well as a flag that checks for completion. Maybe you could pickpocket the key from some naga or giants nearby? Or bribe?

http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=golk#items
    Very unlikely this has anything to do with specifically Thunderfury as its looking more and more clear that the bindings will be random drops, but pretty interesting that there is more to this guy than just him not being able to leave the cave. Will spend some time pick-pocketing the mobs nearby tonight.

so 2 bindings plus some ore gets us thunderfury

get mining m8s
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post

get mining m8s
    The ore is ridiculously cheap on my server because the world quests spew it out like crazy. The RNG drop bindings is the tough part.

Deleted

get mining m8s
    now is the WORST time to buy the ore for the quest, prices are going down daily so if its 2 months before the skin is finally obtained your gonna kick yourself with how much the prices have fallen

Who the heck is the new Firelord?

Bolgnaros the Firelord
    Jsz

Bolgnaros the Firelord
    Is there any way we can interact with him? Either inside Firelands or any other place?

So it is really just fucking RNG?
    How low is the dropchance then?
    I mean in all beta only 1 or 2 bindings at all?
    An Karanir Thanagor, Mor Ok Angalor, Mor Ok Gorum Palahm Raval!

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    Who the heck is the new Firelord?
    Smolderon.

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    If 42188 and 42187 are quest IDs, those are monk/shaman ally combat ally recruitment quests. One for Nobundo, and other one is for Chen and LiLi
    Here is an idea: monks and shamans both have some ties to windlords. Windwalker monks get their weapons from vortex pinnacle scenario and shamans obviously summon Thunderaan. Maybe you have to complete some portion of monk/shaman campain on your other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Minka View Post
    So it is really just fucking RNG?
    How low is the dropchance then?
    I mean in all beta only 1 or 2 bindings at all?
    It's has to be like 0.01 with all these rogues looking for it and no drop

Ps maybe it's not even in game yet, reminds me of the mount off sha they said it was in game only to find out there was a 'bug'
    Last edited by Rgthreex; 2016-09-13 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post
    Here is an idea: monks and shamans both have some ties to windlords. Windwalker monks get their weapons from vortex pinnacle scenario and shamans obviously summon Thunderaan. Maybe you have to complete some portion of monk/shaman campain on your other characters.
    no way in hell they'd do that
    Jsz

10+ Year Old Account
    The first four dialogues seems that two NPC-s are interacting with each other. Not to you! Thats bit odd. Maybe its after you get one binding and go for search for another ?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

whats up with the earthern ring faction? anyone checked that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by karajo View Post
    whats up with the earthern ring faction? anyone checked that ?
    Googled it. NO earthen ring NPC-s showing up on Broken Isle
    Last edited by Spichora; 2016-09-13 at 08:33 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone thought of trying to pickpocket some of the old world pirate named npcs? I mean with Outlaw being so piratish, it could make sense?

The drops are probably just locked behind AK, like ret, feral, and others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    The drops are probably just locked behind AK, like ret, feral, and others.
    That would be incredibly lame after all the work put in