Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuriisu View Post
    Good enough people prefer spec that is actually beter in every imaginable way for mythics, aka holy.

Aside from AE healing its actually not, disc has superior tank healing compared to holy. And if shit is going down you dont really have time to be an effective group healer because only time to spam those flash heals. Holy spread aoe healing is not that great either I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Aside from AE healing its actually not, disc has superior tank healing compared to holy. And if shit is going down you dont really have time to be an effective group healer because only time to spam those flash heals. Holy spread aoe healing is not that great either I think ?
    How does disc have stronger tank healing compared to the pw:serenity every 30(the strongest single target heal in game beside LoH)?

Well you have PoM, EoL, Sanctify, PoH, and Renew. I think holy spread healing is fine as you can heal everyone in 2 gcd's which the tank should be able to keep themselves alive for 2 seconds without spam heals. If not, then you need to use a CD on them, or they need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    How does disc have stronger tank healing compared to the pw:serenity every 30(the strongest single target heal in game beside LoH)?
    Shadowmend is ridiculously strong, but I honestly feel holy pulls a little bit ahead with HW: Serenity.

Deleted
    It is, trail of light and binding heal are amazing in 5 mans.

Holy also has better tank healing, disc doesn't even come close to what single target healing holy does with apotheosis up. And while without it yes maybe your shadow mend is healing for about 10-20ish% (mastery included) more then flash heal but you're forgetting serenity which non crits for 1mil (mastery included) and is pretty much on 8-12 second cooldown(4.5 with apotheosis), with added benefit that you can actually keep everyone alive whilst healing the tank (trail of light, apotheosis, PoM, DP, BH) rather then just the tank you're spamming shadow mend in to.

Holy has amazing stacked AE healing as well as pretty good spread AE due to Trails of light + Binding + Prayers.

In situations where entire group + tank are taking insane damage holy can actually manage extremely well while disc can't really do shit

Holy does more damage

Like it or not, holy is very flexible and just better at just about everything in 5 man setting. Disc requires other healers to cover for it's flaws for it to shine, that's why it will most likely be good in raids.

Of course you CAN play it in 5 mans, it's doable, but choosing disc over holy is just gimping your group as holy is far superior 5 man spec.
    Last edited by mmoc0982a3e15b; 2016-09-13 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well you have PoM, EoL, Sanctify, PoH, and Renew. I think holy spread healing is fine as you can heal everyone in 2 gcd's which the tank should be able to keep themselves alive for 2 seconds without spam heals. If not, then you need to use a CD on them, or they need to.
    Shadowmend is ridiculously strong, but I honestly feel holy pulls a little bit ahead with HW: Serenity.
    Oh I sure can believe shadowmend can be strong but not HW:serenity combine with the EoL strong.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Each trait gives you 1% bonus damage in Holy - it's not much, but it does add up over time. 15-20% stronger Holy Nova is quite nice and it's completely free.

Does it only give extra damage, and not extra healing? That's very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Does it only give extra damage, and not extra healing? That's very odd.
    It's extra damage (thought it was healing - it isnt!)

I find it curious that tanks and healers get stam and damage per artifact trait unlocked and dd's get stamina only. Oh well.
    Last edited by DejaDeux; 2016-09-13 at 09:33 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DejaDeux View Post

I find it curious that tanks and healers get stam and damage per artifact trait unlocked and dd's get stamina only. Oh well.
    You get that through your final artifact trait. This is merely something extra, not directly tied to primary role... well, I suppose stamina kinda is, but...

I like how everyone instantly started disregarding the OP's initial point which was that flash heal and serenity are really the only things we have that are effective. I'm currently 851 with a legendary. I've been doing every mythic going on the 3rd week now. Renew, Prayer of Mending and Prayer of Healing are pitiful. The only time I ever use Prayer of Healing is to get Sanc back off cooldown. Renew and Prayer of Mending might as well not even be on my bar. When people are actually taking damage and things get rough, you aren't going to be sitting there smiting while your renew and prayer of mending heals everyone, so I really dont understand the argument of "All of our spells are fine when no one is taking any damage"

For the last 3 days I've been leveling my resto Druid and its obvious that a lot of the Priest spells are under-tuned. Every spell on my resto druid feels useful and effective when there is damage going around. Where as on my priest when things get rough its just Flash Heal and Serenity. There is also the issue of immobility and lack of utility. (Heroism/etc)

A lot of you are probably going to be changing your tune once EN opens up and we are being heavily out-performed by every other healer class.

Quote Originally Posted by DejaDeux View Post

It should be pretty obvious. If healers/tanks are supposed to be able to do X% of a DPS spec's damage, DPS would outscale them the more of their artifact traits they unlock because DPS specs' artifact traits directly increase their DPS output. Thus Blizzard simply added a passive % damage per artifact trait for healers and tanks so they can keep up at least somewhat.

Eh renew with binding heal is great for 5 mans, PoH and PoM of course are awful tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuriisu View Post
    It is, trail of light and binding heal are amazing in 5 mans.

Holy also has better tank healing, disc doesn't even come close to what single target healing holy does with apotheosis up. And while without it yes maybe your shadow mend is healing for about 10-20ish% (mastery included) more then flash heal but you're forgetting serenity which non crits for 1mil (mastery included) and is pretty much on 8-12 second cooldown(4.5 with apotheosis), with added benefit that you can actually keep everyone alive whilst healing the tank (trail of light, apotheosis, PoM, DP, BH) rather then just the tank you're spamming shadow mend in to.

Holy has amazing stacked AE healing as well as pretty good spread AE due to Trails of light + Binding + Prayers.

In situations where entire group + tank are taking insane damage holy can actually manage extremely well while disc can't really do shit

Holy does more damage

Like it or not, holy is very flexible and just better at just about everything in 5 man setting. Disc requires other healers to cover for it's flaws for it to shine, that's why it will most likely be good in raids.

Of course you CAN play it in 5 mans, it's doable, but choosing disc over holy is just gimping your group as holy is far superior 5 man spec.
    Flash Heal is 475% of SP, Shadowmend is 750%. Its ~55 % stronger, and with Grace it heals for 30% more constantly. The edge holy has is strong CDs to deal with shitty situations, disc aoe healing isnt even that bad just lacks the cds.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Eh renew with binding heal is great for 5 mans, PoH and PoM of course are awful tho.
    PoH is too reliant on Sanctify to work on its own. There's one generic +healing after Holy Word and also PoH specific bonus after casting Sanctify, so if you try to use it without them, it's losing a lot of potency. Not only that, but there's also a legendary that increases its casting speed. That's too many things focused around a single spell. It can result in nice burst, but also be underpowered rest of the time.

And it doesn't really matter if Binding Heal can refresh Renew on multiple people, if it still ticks for pathetic amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    PoH is too reliant on Sanctify to work on its own. There's one generic +healing after Holy Word and also PoH specific bonus after casting Sanctify, so if you try to use it without them, it's losing a lot of potency. Not only that, but there's also a legendary that increases its casting speed. That's too many things focused around a single spell. It can result in nice burst, but also be underpowered rest of the time.

And it doesn't really matter if Binding Heal can refresh Renew on multiple people, if it still ticks for pathetic amounts.
    Renew is usually second or third on my overall healing in a mythic behind echo of light or serenity. I dont think people are healing mythics properly, i should put out a guide.

Deleted
    Flash Heal is 475% of SP, Shadowmend is 750%. Its ~55 % stronger, and with Grace it heals for 30% more constantly. The edge holy has is strong CDs to deal with shitty situations, disc aoe healing isnt even that bad just lacks the cds.
    Actually flash is 736.25 or more (with EoL and divnity) vs 975% of shadowmend, so about 25% or less ( depending on how much mastery you have) also add in Serenity every 10 seconds which is 3100% (With EoL and divnity) Let's not forget 40% of that Flash heal also heals a second person, oh and also, this little fucker, T'uure also exists , altho rngish also bumps your healing by a fuck ton while up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoi View Post
    I like how everyone instantly started disregarding the OP's initial point which was that flash heal and serenity are really the only things we have that are effective. I'm currently 851 with a legendary. I've been doing every mythic going on the 3rd week now. Renew, Prayer of Mending and Prayer of Healing are pitiful. The only time I ever use Prayer of Healing is to get Sanc back off cooldown. Renew and Prayer of Mending might as well not even be on my bar. When people are actually taking damage and things get rough, you aren't going to be sitting there smiting while your renew and prayer of mending heals everyone, so I really dont understand the argument of "All of our spells are fine when no one is taking any damage"

For the last 3 days I've been leveling my resto Druid and its obvious that a lot of the Priest spells are under-tuned. Every spell on my resto druid feels useful and effective when there is damage going around. Where as on my priest when things get rough its just Flash Heal and Serenity. There is also the issue of immobility and lack of utility. (Heroism/etc)

A lot of you are probably going to be changing your tune once EN opens up and we are being heavily out-performed by every other healer class.
    This post is about current content, mythics which holy is absolutely great at.

Just for sake of comparison, single rejuv is less effective then renew, once you have 3-4 hots it become a slightly slightly more effective spell.

PoM is very cost effective and PoH is also fine with all it's traits unlocked, don't see how they're undertuned.
    Last edited by mmoc0982a3e15b; 2016-09-13 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoi View Post

Oh I wont be changing my tune when EN opens up. Did some fine raid healing during beta and I didnt get smashed on the meters at all, the oposite was more like it. And depending on your gear talents and artifact progress both PoM and Renew are fine and casted enough even without binding heal. Not to mention with how PoH works. PoH is suposed to be casted after sanctify and that way it will actually do roughly 40% of the healing sanctify does. And I use Prayer of Mending, on some boss fights in mythic its actually usefull to use. Fenryr is a fine example. Cast PoM while the debuff is up and then chuck around some heals to finish the non tank group members to let them top of with EoL.

But I guess people will just stick with just spamming flash heal and serenity and hell stack haste and versatility while your at it if you wanna play holy in a way thats isnt intended. In the end holy priest is fine when played well in both 5 man and raid enviroments. Maybe not in a set role like holy palas for tank healing or resto shamans for raid healing. But holy is fine filling up both roles if needed.

Btw is this the 1st expansion you play as holy priest? Cause it's actually in the best state since TBC when it comes to fun and troughput compared to other healers and yet somehow you find them weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I need a buff. I do feel though that some spells are either underperforming and/or don't have a place in the Holy Word/Serendipity game (which is at times kind of dull, less so with Apotheosis). Like most of you stated, these are Renew, Heal, PoM, PoH and CoH, thus having our toolkit (possibly too simply) reduced to Flash Heal, Serenity and Sanctify.

Some reworking could be done to address the underuse of Renew and Co., but I can't think of anything right now tbh.

I may be missing Cata/MoP Chakras. Help.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

the spec is really strong, people just cant/wont accept (or havent figured out) that the spec revolves entirely around trail of light, flash heal, blessing of t'uure and VERY HIGH CRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the spec is really strong, people just cant/wont accept (or havent figured out) that the spec revolves entirely around trail of light, flash heal, blessing of t'uure and VERY HIGH CRIT
    I almost never cast flash heal, binding heal is soooo much better.

Deleted
    Holy is easy to play in Mythic the biggest issue is staying alive yourself due to squishiness and very little mobility.

It is basically impossible to go oom so you should be spamming heals and make sure to cast PoM on CD, renew on everyone.. use Apothesis and Hymn.