This thread is like Groundhog Day. It gets bumped (by the same person) every week, then the same arguments occur until it fades into obscurity only to be bumped again for history repeat itself over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    This thread is like Groundhog Day. It gets bumped (by the same person) every week, then the same arguments occur until it fades into obscurity only to be bumped again for history repeat itself over and over again.
    Just wait til Blizzcon rolls around. It'll pick up steam and might even have 2 or 3 people that are rabid fans trying to bring up the same junk.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You did not buy it. Period. You pay for access to Blizz's servers which host a certain version of the game. That is all. Read the ToS. Unfortunately for you, this is a fact that cannot be argued.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    First line of the ToS

"Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service"

Basically you rented it. You "bought" the disc. That's about it. It's not rationalization, it's just fact.

It sucks, sure. It would be nice if they put effort into working with Nost, maybe even just making them a subsidiary or something. I feel like if they really really wanted to they could do something about it. The unfortunate truth is neither are they under any obligation to do so. We are at their mercy when it comes to this sort of thing.
    Could not care less about the technicalities.

You're the same people that gank a level 10 on your 110 and go he's a player so it's player vs player hurdur.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post

You're the same people that gank a level 10 on your 110 and go he's a player so it's player vs player hurdur.
    Yes because those are related. Whatever, at this point think what you will. You think you own the game, keep thinking it. You wonder why Nost got shut down? They didn't own the game either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yes because those are related. Whatever, at this point think what you will. You think you own the game, keep thinking it. You wonder why Nost got shut down? They didn't own the game either.
    It's Blizzard's fault. They want to deny access to a wildly popular game then private servers will pop up. The legality is completely irrelevant to players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Phil: A gust of wind.
    [a gust of wind blows]
    Phil: A dog barks.
    [a dog barks in the distance]
    Phil: Cue the truck.
    [an armored truck drives up]
    Phil: Exit Herman; walk out into the bank.
    [Herman gets out of the armored truck and walks into the bank]
    Phil: Exit Felix, and stand there with a not-so-bright look on your face.
    [Felix gets out of truck and stands there]
    Phil: All right, Doris, come on. Hey, fix your bra, honey... That's better.
    [Doris walks up fixing her outfit]

I am enjoying Legion.

And that's why you should stop debating a topic you don't understand. But it's fine if you continue, it's fun watching you swim with your hands tied behind your back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    And that's why you should stop debating a topic you don't understand. But it's fine if you continue, it's fun watching you swim with your hands tied behind your back.
    There isn't anything to understand. Bliz denies a game, people start server with game. It's that simple. Maybe it's hard for YOU to understand.

Gotta love how people are making claims about Legion being a solo-player game without a journey. Meanwhile, they romance like fanatics over content from 2004, pretanding it's "new" and a "journey" even though they've probably played through it numerous times and it never changes.

Retail and moving forward = where it's at. Legion's success so far, only cements it.

You make a lot of assumptions about me sir. Considering I was trying to engage you in actual conversation and you seemingly just want to be angry and right. So I'll leave you too being shitty and bitter. I appreciate you letting me know upfront that you are ignore worthy however.

There isn't anything to understand. Bliz denies a game, people start server with game. It's that simple. Maybe it's hard for YOU to understand.
    If you robbed a bank and called foul on the bank for calling the cops on you, then you disregard all laws around robbery, then yeah, it's really that simple. I mean you were just trying to feed your kids, right? It must be the MAN putting you down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    If Blizzard releases vanilla servers I'm convinced its going to crash a lot^^
    Gotta go for that genuine vanilla feel... mmmm nostalgia.

It's Blizzard's fault. They want to deny access to a wildly popular game then private servers will pop up. The legality is completely irrelevant to players.
    K well good luck with that and don't cry when they shut down the servers. They can deny access all they want. IT IS THEIR GAME. PERIOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Gotta love how people are making claims about Legion being a solo-player game without a journey. Meanwhile, they romance like fanatics over content from 2004, pretanding it's "new" and a "journey" even though they've probably played through it numerous times and it never changes.

Retail and moving forward = where it's at. Legion's success so far, only cements it.
    Yeah I hate grouping up with people to take down world quests and forming groups for elites. It really sucks to make a group for mythic dungeons and meet people. Solo player game and whatnot.

K well good luck with that and don't cry when they shut down the servers. They can deny access all they want. IT IS THEIR GAME. PERIOD.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I hate grouping up with people to take down world quests and forming groups for elites. It really sucks to make a group for mythic dungeons and meet people. Solo player game and whatnot.
    Then don't cry when people make these threads, start private servers and ask for Legacy servers. PERIOD.

Making a law that says the sky is orange does not make it so.

Then don't cry when people make these threads, start private servers and ask for Legacy servers. PERIOD.

Making a law that says the sky is orange does not make it so.
    Does that include tears of laughter?

What is even your point? Do you not think that Nost players understand that it was "illegal" or didn't understand why it was shut down?

Rolling through stop signs is illegal too. But I could go find you footage of that in 10 minutes.

Oh and btw....
    http://www.top100arena.com/wow-private-server/page/20/
    996 "illegal" servers I can be on right now. BUT THANK GOD THEY SHUT DOWN NOST

I use them for popcorn flavoring.

What is even your point? Do you not think that Nost players understand that it was "illegal" or didn't understand why it was shut down?

Rolling through stop signs is illegal too. But I could go find you footage of that in 10 minutes.
    Rightly so. So in you having said that, I'll just explain that I'm having a jolly good time seeing you trying to defend a position of illegal servers being shut down AND being butt-hurt about it as being Blizzard's fault. Because you said it yourself

Bliz removing the only access to a product people want. Therefore it pops up "illegally". It's on them, not the players.
    Bliz denies a game, people start server with game. It's that simple
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-09-13 at 11:19 PM.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yep, I hate the fact that just now, we were 5 strangers coming together to beat a foe that we'd all tried solo at first until realizing it needed a team effort. ^^

Legion, such an anti-social, solo experience!! And don't get me started on when those raids and PVP seasons and Mythic+ dungeons start! Ach, it'll be even more of a solo experience then!!

Rightly so. So in you having said that, I'll just explain that I'm having a jolly good time seeing you trying to defend a position of illegal servers being shut down AND being butt-hurt about it as being Blizzard's fault. Because you said it yourself
    Sooo...you don't have a point. Got it.