Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Doesn't really work. I have over 4 days of /played at 110 (I also have 3x L110s), my friend who I levelled with initially has 5d10h. I've done all Mythics twice now, spammed dungeons and WQs. Neither my main or his has a legendary.

My alt that I just levelled to 110 and did a single normal dungeon on? Yeah that has a legendary.
    You're misunderstanding what optimize means. It doesn't mean "do these things and you'll get a legendary" it means "do these things and your chances of getting a legendary are better than if you didn't".

Basically we all have around a 1/10000 chance of getting a legendary from any content and the more things you do (get caches, loot bosses etc) the chance to get one goes up a tiny tiny amount. Time played also increases this chance. So eventually after around a week of actively playing, your chance goes from 1/10000 to 1/5000. 2 weeks played gets you to 1/2500, 3 weeks in its like 1/1000 and so on. (Actual numbers pulled out of ass, just used for establishing the pattern)

The devs had said that if you play actively for around a month, you're pretty much guaranteed to have one drop for you in around that time frame. (outliers do apply naturally)
    Last edited by Phookah; 2016-09-13 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    rng is rng. can you optimise randomness?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Oh wow. /facepalm smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    The devs had said that if you play actively for around a month, you're pretty much guaranteed to have one drop for you in around that time frame. (outliers do apply naturally)
    Just curious, where did they say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Yes.

Try to roll triple 20 on three d20 dice. Well it's kind of easy if you try often enough. Roll those dice nonstop for an hour and your chances are pretty good.

Run heroics all day and your chances for a legendary are much better compared to not running any heroic. Does it guarantee a legendary drop? Absolutely not, but you improve your odds.

Quote Originally Posted by LickMeh View Post
    I have been hearing reports they drop for your current spec and not your loot specialization spec, is this true? If so, screw spam tanking HCs to get my Unholy legendary
    Can confirm they drop for your loot specialization, and not your current spec. Got legendary waist for unholy whilst tanking as blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You can do harder content and caches.

Most of my guild has one legendary atm though no one has managed two just yet.

I expect them to become far more common once raids open up and mythic +
    I'm sorry but i dont believe this

In my guild, only 3 people have a legendary - one of them has 2 and both dropped for him the very first day from the emissary cache. I dont know there is any room for optimalization apart from having more characters of same class for more emissary quests. I have done all since day1, I cleared all mythics available to me and finished around 200 random heroics - no legendary drop so far. But I am not annoyed by that - i will start to be annoyed when I step in raid and I would be possibly benched for underperforming to people with legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    In my guild, only 3 people have a legendary - one of them has 2 and both dropped for him the very first day from the emissary cache. I dont know there is any room for optimalization apart from having more characters of same class for more emissary quests. I have done all since day1, I cleared all mythics available to me and finished around 200 random heroics - no legendary drop so far. But I am not annoyed by that - i will start to be annoyed when I step in raid and I would be possibly benched for underperforming to people with legendaries.
    Two legies in one cache ? I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    Two legies in one cache ? I call BS.
    Sorry, it should have been emissary caches, sorry. Believe it or not.

Deleted
    I can confirm you can get legies from fishing. Happend to a guildie of mine.

Deleted
    Hello ppl.
    Just want to say i have already 2 legendaries at around 4days (?) time played since 110lvl (with plenty of time watchin' streams). I believe theres no such thing as optimizing chances for those.
    First one (rogue boots) dropped in mythic HoV at 4th day of expansion
    Second one (leather belt) dropped yesterday from emissary cache
    There are ppl full of salt towards me as im not playin as much as many of them (nolifers).
    Besides few WQ's per day (im far from 200 achieve), Mythics and 1-2 heroics per day im not doing much.
    There are 3 ppl (including me) in my guild with legendaries (only i have 2). But in my friends guild there are already 3 ppl with 2 legendaries each.
    It is totally random so my advice is just to do your stuff as always and do not try to "farm" for those.
    Cheers
    Last edited by mmocada5c1b474; 2016-09-14 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickC View Post
    Hello ppl.
    Just want to say i have already 2 legendaries at around 4days (?) time played since 110lvl (with plenty of time watchin' streams). I believe theres no such thing as optimizing chances for those.
    First one (rogue boots) dropped in mythic HoV at 4th day of expansion
    Second one (leather belt) dropped yesterday from emissary cache
    There are ppl full of salt towards me as im not playin as much as many of them (nolifers).
    Besides few WQ's per day (im far from 200 achieve), Mythics and 1-2 heroics per day im not doing much.
    There are 3 ppl (including me) in my guild with legendaries (only i have 2). But in my friends guild there are already 3 ppl with 2 legendaries each.
    It is totally random so my advice is just to do your stuff as always and do not try to "farm" for those.
    Cheers
    Straight out of the box. First post. Calling people nolifers.

gg wp

Deleted
    Yeah i made this acc just to write this post about legendaries as it seems many ppl went crazy as f*** about them.
    And yeah having 10days+ played on 110 while legion is 2 weeks old is nolifing

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the people in my guild who got legendary, you can optimize your chances by being casual - taking a week to reach 110 instead of a day or playing only once every 3 days.

Deleted
    Yeah i made this acc just to write this post about legendaries as it seems many ppl went crazy as f*** about them.
    And yeah having 10days+ played on 110 while legion is 2 weeks old is nolifing
    10 days plus playtime out of 14 days. Plus leveling.

Sounds fishy to me. Either they have programs keeping them online or they magically dont need sleep.

Anyway thats beside the point. Calling people nolifers because they choose to do something different then you with their life is narrow minded

Casual in my guild has gotten two legendaries. TWO. Just go casual.

Deleted
    Ok as im not here to fight at any point with anyone. Yeah I extraggerated and I do apologise.

Yet that wasn't the main point of my post tbh... Just wanted to say that there is no better way to "farm legendaries" than just doin your stuff because of no matter what you are doing it is always RNG

Deleted
    Ok as im not here to fight at any point with anyone. Yeah I extraggerated and I do apologise.

Yet that wasn't the main point of my post tbh... Just wanted to say that there is no better way to "farm legendaries" than just doin your stuff because of no matter what you are doing it is always RNG
    A agree. We had one who basicly joined legion a week after everyone else. Got pretty much boosted to 110 and got a legendary in his forst world quest cache. That did spawn some jelly ppl aswell

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm sorry but i dont believe this
    I wish right my guild has had 5+ groups clear mythic every week and people doing nonstop heroic and the only 2 we have are on gatherer alts from their first cache/random shit
    Last edited by Firatha; 2016-09-14 at 09:40 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.