Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    well, if you want to create a group you need to know if the player u're taking is good or not, and you have NO way of knowing that without playing with them in the past, or some1 vouching for him (which is also a risk).

So... people hide behind iLvl, thinking "oh, this player has 845, he's been to mythic, so if some1 already took him, and his ilvl is what shows it, he's good enough for me"...

I myself find it funny that mostly, the peopel creating the groups and asking for 840+, are not 840+

10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl requirements are usually over the top and absurd.
    That said, I don't have much of a problem with them, but I hate when the leader himself doesn't meet the requirements.
    I once joined a group for a mythic with a leading DK at 1.3M hp. I immediately inspected him, since the average health for a mythic-sized person is 1.7M. Turns out, he is in greens and blues from questing, and the requirements were set at 830+.
    When I asked what his ilvl was, he just ignored me, so I dropped group.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is up with people's problems with other people setting high demands for their own groups? They are in their full right to decide what they want to bring for THEIR group, if you don't like it or don't fit the bill (which let's be honest, it's the main reason you are constantly bitching about this) just make your own. I've made tons of groups with lower reqs than most and never had any issues filling it.

Seriously, this shit is only a problem because you want it to be.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    840 ? you are optimist - im fully expecting to see first "bring 850 or gtfo" groups this reset. and 860 next

- - - Updated - - -

they know perfeckly - they simply canot set req higher then their own itlv but want higher geared people to carry them
    You are sadly, but proberly, right. If people with item lvl 850 or 860 are still willing to do these dungeons in mass, then there will proberly be groups with these requirements.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Right now I think it's fine (although if I see an 850 req group, that'll change), it's when people start asking for 860 during the second week of raiding that i'll get annoyed - You just have to be lucky at that point and it typically encourages people to take loot just for the item level. The amount of people that I see downgrade themselves because an item is a few item levels higher is ridiculous lol.

Thankfully i've got a lot of friends coming back to Legion so it's not a problem for me, it's still frustrating to see though. You just come off bad when you do it.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2016-09-14 at 09:31 AM.

there is just so much to do in the game, making a group of 845+ makes the mythic 20-30 min tops. theres WQs, class hall stuff(missions, upgrades, etc), looking for hidden appearances, grinding heroic for leg, etc. and only a limited amount of hours in the day.

Deleted
    The topic of people wanting inflated item levels for groups remind me of the age old discussion about jobs, "Requires 10 years experience" when every job is like this.

You end up with the scenario of people needing 830 for an instance but cannot get 830 because every group requires 830.

People generally link item level to skill and it's most of the time total bull i have played against players 30+ on me and smashed them in damage, interrupts and far less damage taken.

Its not only about ilevel.

The high item level wont guarantee a "Free easy run" but it will reduce the chances.

Its the only reason people do it, unless the leader is some 800 ilevel abuser, then he simply wants to get carried.

Mythics are doable in 800 ilevel and lower gear, you just go slower.

But the harsh reality is, at the start of the expansion, apart from the first 2, maybe 3 days, it was enjoyable, after that everything is simply too risky to take a 810 as example if you dont know them and how they play.

99% of players are clueless useless scrubs, and i am not saying it just to insult.

The first 3 days people that i did mythic with, did more DPS with their 810-820 gear than most 840-850 "Mythic" dungeon searches do right now, its a completely different quality of player.

The average player of WoW that i see in my daily heroic for the artifact power is a pathetic clueless scrub, standing in fire, never interrupting and even dying himself from running clueless around, they simple dont care for the game enough to be of any sort of help, its like having a burden on my back.

Good thing as a Prot warrior my AoE is decent and their 80K DPS doesnt affect the run as much.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-09-14 at 09:44 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogarasu View Post
    The topic of people wanting inflated item levels for groups remind me of the age old discussion about jobs, "Requires 10 years experience" when every job is like this.

You end up with the scenario of people needing 830 for an instance but cannot get 830 because every group requires 830.

People generally link item level to skill and it's most of the time total bull i have played against players 30+ on me and smashed them in damage, interrupts and far less damage taken.
    Then again, starting your own group tends to be a bit simpler than starting your own company. And I doubt it's about ilvl = skill, it's a lot more ilvl = smoother / faster runs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    Was in lfg looking for another dps to fill out our mythic group and someone tried to sign up at 797. Surely they didn't think they'd meet DPS requirements for a mythic with that gear... right? You can't even queue for heroics in that!
    I cleared Mythic with a group of 805-815 iLvl so its not impossible to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    So, I mean - I'm pretty bad, and we are talking like bottom 10% bad - I've managed to get 849 with a good buddy over the last week. Sure I've spent 60,000g on oblit to raise three items to 850, but I just wanted to say.. If I can do it, so can you. Sure I'm a healer, I can get into groups easier than dps... But as you can imagine - you can't get carried as a healer in mythics right now.. do the work IMO to get around 830 from heroics, world quests, then get into entry level mythics. Next week is mythic+/raids... you really have no excuse to be almost full 850 at the start of next week. Again if I can do it, so can you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    it typically encourages people to take loot just for the item level. The amount of people that I see downgrade themselves because an item is a few item levels higher is ridiculous lol.
    THIS! It's so fucking annoying. So far I was "forced" to equip 3 ilvl 840 and 850 epics even though their stats are total bull and my replaced ilvl 830 blues were actually far better... But no, only item level counts nowadays I guess -.-

Because only dorks have inflated itemlevel requirements. They're antisocial and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    So, I mean - I'm pretty bad, and we are talking like bottom 10% bad - I've managed to get 849 with a good buddy over the last week. Sure I've spent 60,000g on oblit to raise three items to 850, but I just wanted to say.. If I can do it, so can you. Sure I'm a healer, I can get into groups easier than dps... But as you can imagine - you can't get carried as a healer in mythics right now.. do the work IMO to get around 830 from heroics, world quests, then get into entry level mythics. Next week is mythic+/raids... you really have no excuse to be almost full 850 at the start of next week. Again if I can do it, so can you.
    I've done literally everything in my power over the last few weeks to get geared and i'm 846 including some ridiculous heroic farming, RNG is RNG =/ All this with a premade group for the most part, so instant queues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    This is the best post I have read on these forums for a long while.
    I'm agreeing with ComputerNerd and Ygg on.. the same day... in the same Thread.. what is happening to me. Take it out! Take it out!

Seriously though, yes.

Deleted
    Because the game is supposed to be played with lower item level.
    The item level requirements right now are ok-ish but when the first raid is released is going to be a nightmare to find a group with decent ilvl req.

But what do i care. I am a Tank for the first time, i dont care because i can start a group only DPS'ers are foked.

PS:For all the "make your own group" spammers. It takes longer to make a group as a DPS guys. Is not that easy (30 min wait at least if not more)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-14 at 09:55 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The item level requirements right now are ok-ish but when the first raid is released is going to be a nightmare to find a group with decent ilvl req.

But what do i care. I am a Tank for the first time, i dont care because i can start a group only DPS'ers are foked.

PS:For all the "make your own group" spammers. It takes longer to make a group as a DPS guys. Is not that easy (30 min wait at least)
    Who are you to decide how the game should be played? And also, bullshit. I've created 4 groups on my own as dps the last week out of of 10, req 825, and not one took more than 10 minutes tops.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    this has been the easiest expansion ever..
    i am 848 item level and it's only been 2 weeks since launch
    and that item level range will be around for atleast 4 months before blizzard makes most stuff beyond 850
    lol, wat ?
    with the release of EN, 895 gear is obtainable. 4 months, what are you even talking about ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because we are so damn fed up with stupid people constantly blaming blizzard for making the game "anti-social", when is the players who constantly seek more ways to judge and segregate players by some new measures of readiness.
    We used to have less wipes and a better community when players actually talked to each other, tried to resolve an issue.
    Now we actively seek ways to avoid leading, yet demand all the benefits of it.
    Hell yeah. I also assume an (at least indirect) link between amount of bad players to the inflated requirements. World of Warcraft might not be rocket science to play, but it does require practice. In addition rocky runs actually provide situations, where the more experienced players in the group get challenged, giving them a chance at improving their skills. Smooth runs offer little in regards to chances at improving yourself.

that said, it's not my intention to keep someone from spending up to one hour to get a perfect group together for a 15 minute run afterwards. I'd rather take 5 minutes picking up some random people for a 30-45 min run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

PS:For all the "make your own group" spammers. It takes longer to make a group as a DPS guys. Is not that easy (30 min wait at least)
    I exclusively made my own groups on my Rogue both weeks so far and I had no issues. Literally nobody in the party I knew for all 8 Mythics, then 10 the 2nd week. Spam Trade Chat at the same time as you're using the LFM tool.