Page 83 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Holy shit that Frozen Pulse buff. Now activates with 1 rune full.

Edit: I am an idiot, missed the AP change. Lolol?
    This further enables the machine gun build...LOL! This could turn out to be a massive aoe buff. Will require testing.

Deleted
    lackluster changes. you do not want to be sitting on less than 2 full runes. The damage of Frozen pulse is not enough to warrant this right now, let alone with its nerf to 52%
    Last edited by mmoca301a8f416; 2016-09-14 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    lackluster changes. you do not want to be sitting on less than 2 full runes. The damage of Frozen pulse is not enough to warrant this right now, let alone with its nerf to 52%
    What? They reduced the damage but increased the uptime we will have. This makes FSc stronger indirectly. I'm sensing a buff to Rime/Obliterate soon since they also buffed FDK tier 2pc to 20% increased chance of Rime proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    if you find unholy slow you havent had lust + 3soulreaper stacks up atleast once, with that haste youre gcd is so damm fast and youre rune recchrge is aswell.
    I love unholy under those conditions, but those conditions are temporary. Lust is huge, but really shouldn't be considered as it is something I don't provide and is what 40 seconds every 10 minutes? Soulreaper is nice, but its 15 seconds every 30 seconds (45?). The majority of play is the slow stuff that I don't really enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    From what everyone has led me to believe just being unholy and walking into a dungeon does 200k dps. It was so low that I was searching through skada for pet damage numbers and making sure it was merged into mine, it was.
    Right now at an 801 ilvl and 13 points into my artifact (unholy) I usually sit at around 175k once the fight is over. I can burst over 200k easily, but once it settles down I'm usually beat relatively easily.

I would love to see where I would sit with frost but I only have like 3 points into the frost weps. Although now that its taking ~6000 artifact points to level unholy I'll probably work on my frost weps more.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Holy shit that Frozen Pulse buff. Now activates with 1 rune full.

Edit: I am an idiot, missed the AP change. Lolol?
    I can't believe they nerfed it. Now it seems they are trying to kill machine gun playstyle without any compensation. I was going to write a paragraph complaining but we all know the history of Frost I'm just tired of pointing out the way Blizzard always deals with us. Why have specs if they don't want them to be competitive.

Frozen Pulse now triggers if you have fewer than 2 full Runes (was 1).
    Frozen Pulse damage reduced to 60% of Attack Power (was 72%).
    Glacial Advance now hits targets in melee range more reliably.
    Item - Death Knight T19 Frost 2P Bonus Obliterate has a 20% (was 15%) increased chance to trigger Rime.

Some buffs to our damage, but not enough imho. Also this does not address the bad OBLI scaling.
    Last edited by gixxpunk; 2016-09-14 at 11:51 PM.

Wait, are these FP "changes" actually changes? It looks like they are just correcting tooltip errors.

The front of the site says "No class tuning has been done in Patch 7.1 yet. Changes from the PTR at this point are simply tooltip corrections."

edit: nvm i guess it is new, its not working with 1 rune up on live.
    Last edited by connor778; 2016-09-15 at 12:12 AM.

They need to not make oblit clip Killing Machine charges if you're talented into frost scythe.

These changes are for 7.1, and are made with the tuning changes they are putting out pre-raid in mind. So they can still kill the MG build.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    These changes are for 7.1, and are made with the tuning changes they are putting out pre-raid in mind. So they can still kill the MG build.
    So you think more changes are coming before/at the 20th?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    So you think more changes are coming before/at the 20th?
    Well they said there would be some balance changes before the raids released, the hotfixes have had basically no balance changes at all yet, just bug fixes. (besides the Arms CS CD change but even that has almost no effect on balance since you rarely go that long without a proc) So it would be safe to assume that those changes have not yet happened. As long as they haven't changed their minds we should still some some changes over the next few days, hopefully soon so I can stop hoarding AP items in case I decide to call it quits and switch to UH.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrial View Post
    Well they said there would be some balance changes before the raids released, the hotfixes have had basically no balance changes at all yet, just bug fixes. (besides the Arms CS CD change but even that has almost no effect on balance since you rarely go that long without a proc) So it would be safe to assume that those changes have not yet happened. As long as they haven't changed their minds we should still some some changes over the next few days, hopefully soon so I can stop hoarding AP items in case I decide to call it quits and switch to UH.
    Yeah, I'm storing AP since I already got to Hypothermia on Frost and was sorely disappointed. I am really hopeful Frost get's some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    I can't believe they nerfed it. Now it seems they are trying to kill machine gun playstyle without any compensation. I was going to write a paragraph complaining but we all know the history of Frost I'm just tired of pointing out the way Blizzard always deals with us. Why have specs if they don't want them to be competitive.
    was nerfed to keep it in line with that tier of talents, now that its functionality has been improved, they can can begin working on the spec as a whole per talent tier.

Its like cleaning up your desk before you get to work, they make sure the talent will function how they want it to in the future (regardless of its actual strength) and then you buff the class/spec from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    i have an idea on how to fix frost.

if the damage of moves were increased. then Frost would have a higher output.
    Nah, just have Obliterate doing full frost damage after 25% like an execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    was nerfed to keep it in line with that tier of talents, now that its functionality has been improved, they can can begin working on the spec as a whole per talent tier.

Its like cleaning up your desk before you get to work, they make sure the talent will function how they want it to in the future (regardless of its actual strength) and then you buff the class/spec from there.
    It still needs an overall complete redesign. The entire restructure to Frost, at least based on how things work mechanically, is to have a very smooth overall rotation with constant resources. Frozen Pulse, completely flips that upside down and is like lulz jk fuck that. It's honestly horrible. Overall it should be completely redesigned. What's actually funny is, when I go ME/Freezing Fog I feel like I have substantially more downtime. Either way, looking forward to seeing what these tuning changed will bring to the table. I honestly have no idea how they will fix things.

anything good in 7.1 for Frost ? =/

Deleted
    The pvp talent for remorseless winter was greatly empowered.

yeah I know it won't solve other issues but damage wise, frost DK can burst quite a lot with this ability and frostscythe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    anything good in 7.1 for Frost ? =/
    Frozen pulse now works with less than 2 full runes instead of 1. More uptime of frozen pulse.

Frost plays perfectly imo...The only thing that needs changing is co-efficient's for scaling purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    It still needs an overall complete redesign. The entire restructure to Frost, at least based on how things work mechanically, is to have a very smooth overall rotation with constant resources. Frozen Pulse, completely flips that upside down and is like lulz jk fuck that. It's honestly horrible. Overall it should be completely redesigned. What's actually funny is, when I go ME/Freezing Fog I feel like I have substantially more downtime. Either way, looking forward to seeing what these tuning changed will bring to the table. I honestly have no idea how they will fix things.
    I think we can agree the boat has been missed on a Frost redesign at this point, as much as it was needed prior tot he expansions release.

If they didnt take that 1+ years to develop a Frost redesign i doubt there gonna do it in a content patch, Unless you mean redesign the talent itself which again i think they kinda put themselves in a corner with class designs.

They now have to design for classess, specs, talent tiers AND artifacts. That is alot of moving parts to keep in check.