Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But would you accept some gold if someone really wanted to do a mythic and they were willing to pay for your services?

I mean - I'm ready to put up 30k just to get a Mythic Arcway run, I'd like to think that being able to do so would be ok.
    Personally I would still do it for free. I have plenty of gold as it is, and I'd rather be helpful than get richer. I wouldn't pay a tank or a high DPS, I see no reason to charge for what I do.

I guess I should start charging other players to DPS or Tank Mythic Dungeons, since playing the role you want to play has now become a "job" in-game that you should make gold from...

At least this has not begun to happen on my realm, and I actually have a guild to run three full Mythic Dungeon runs at once.

strange, never have trouble finding decent heals for my LFD. I do ask for 840+ cos I ain't here to teach!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    If you think that's what healers are doing in mythics then I wouldn't mind charging you for a run, and I'm usually totally against that sort of thing. The truth is that we're spam healing the dps because they like to stand in shit so they can do a few hundred k DPS and make themselves look nice on the meters while totally stressing out the healers.
    You are only doing that because the group is bad. Not because that is what is called for by the dungeon. And honestly, even when stuff like this happens there is ALWAYS room for dps globals. Tell the DPS you aren't going to carry their mistakes if its hampering the pace of the dungeon so much.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But would you accept some gold if someone really wanted to do a mythic and they were willing to pay for your services?

I mean - I'm ready to put up 30k just to get a Mythic Arcway run, I'd like to think that being able to do so would be ok.
    I never have accepted in the past, even if I've agreed to a run. Then again, 99% of my runs are either with my guild, friends, or dungeon finder, so it's not exactly easy to get paid.

The way I see it is you can either spam LFG looking for a healer who is probably a dps specced hybrid with 0 points in their resto/holy weapon with no idea how to play the spec in 820ish Ilvl gear... OR you can pay someone like myself a nominal fee and get a 850, 11/11 resto shamny with 20+ traits in their resto artifact to carry your group. Hell, you'll probably have the geared healer passing your group the loot they get also evening sweetening the deal.

Having said that, I've never sold heals because no amount of gold is worth dealing with pugs who have no fing idea how to play the game. I'd rather just help guild mates get some gear so they can carry my boomie alt when the time comes. I wouldn't hold it against anyone charging for heals or tanking services though. If you have a problem with it then either deal with the fact your probably gonna get the type of "healer" I described originally or level your own. Simples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I never have accepted in the past, even if I've agreed to a run. Then again, 99% of my runs are either with my guild, friends, or dungeon finder, so it's not exactly easy to get paid.
    ^ I never even look at my trade chat window, majority of my runs are Group Finder groups.. I'm not even sure how charging would work, other than setting up own group with "DUNT JOIN UNLESS PAY 100g! Min 845+ Have brainz, one shot grp!"" - but I don't imagine many would join such a group (for anything else but trolling purposes).

I play for fun - charging for services sounds like job. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You are only doing that because the group is bad. Not because that is what is called for by the dungeon. And honestly, even when stuff like this happens there is ALWAYS room for dps globals. Tell the DPS you aren't going to carry their mistakes if its hampering the pace of the dungeon so much.
    Not all groups are bad, but almost all groups have that one guy that just can't stand to not be number one. The guy that'll stand in some devastating shit on the ground just to finish a single cast, never use GCDs on self mitigation and treat the entire dungeon as a place made solely to serve themselves, rather than working with the group to make for a smooth run. I still pop into boomkin form and toss out some starsurges/sunfires when I can but it's still annoying having to heal unnecessary damage and then having DPS thinking it's reasonable to act as if the healers aren't doing their fair share of the work.
    Last edited by Ifeanychukwu; 2016-09-15 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Why should they?`Someone offers you gold, why not take it and do the job? Its the same as paying for a carry, here you just pay for someone to tag along with you.
    I am pretty sure it is the otehr way around. YOu as a healer offer a service and therefor ppl come and pay you for that. There is no way, random people start wispering you asking you to heal for their gold without even knowing you would do that. And I think it is a very lame attitude to have, and just mirrors the insane mentality of fanatic capitalism jerks.

I mean, why play for free, even? Just go work as a professional player.

Gold doesn't motivate me to heal.

When I do my mythics every week, I heal for free.

Outside of that, I don't pug.

When I can avoid it, I'll run a guild group for the weekly mythics, anyways.

Oh and also, in most mythic groups, the tanks take such a boatload of damage that as healer you spent ~3/4 of your time spam healing the tank, in order to avoid him getting globalled again. Specifically with BM monks and Vengeance DH, you have to make sure to not let them drop below half.
    Last edited by Magicpot; 2016-09-15 at 05:09 AM.

And what about unavoidable damage like Horn of Valor from the first boss in Halls of Valor? Are people just being "bad" in that situation, getting hit by unavoidable AoE damage?

I'm not sure what WoW you're playing where the tanks are self-sufficient and 100% of DPS damage taken is avoidable, and healers apparently do 200k dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Plenty of tanks were spamming trade to tank for gold in either mythic or for fast queue times for lfg. This isn't a new thing. It is kinda stupid to think all tanks/healers will do it for no other reason then they aren't all shitbags without people they normally run with.
    Kindda stupid to expect payment of it, to be honest. It is part of the things that can make some areas of the community, unwanted. Luckily, none is doing so on my server.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    You are not so smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There is an ongoing trend on my server where people are increasingly willing to pay healers for healing mythic dungeons and even lowering their item level requirements for being a feasible option. Where they demand 835-840+ they oftenwill settle for healers between 825-830 atop of being willing to pay between 5-10k at times to have a healer join their group and run a mythic dungeon with them.

Now there's various factors causing this but the sooner healers will stop running mythic dungeons for free, the sooner people will be willing to pay more and more aswell as being willing to pay more often will simultaneously lowering the requirements they have for healers to join their groups. I for one, will in the future only join groups who are willing to pay me.
    I'd pay for a healer that know how to heal and DPS simultaneously, too bad that the majority barely knows how to heal.

Deleted
    Dear Fellow Healers, do a few hundred k DPS instead of spam healing the tank when he is at 95 percent health.
    I'd pay for that, tbh.
    Thank you for actually pointing this out! Healers who actually spam a tank when the tank is at 95% health is acutally so disgusting, It's like stop wasting your mana and help kill the boss faster? Most tanks can keep themself above 50% for atleast 30 seconds on a fight :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    I'd pay for a healer that know how to heal and DPS simultaneously, too bad that the majority barely knows how to heal.
    Well I guess it's the same way most DPS barely know how to do dps! Also, are you guys starting to heal aswell as tank now atop of doing miniscule and subpar dps now? No? Didn't think so!

Deleted
    5-10k per run :O That is some nice income when you do 8 or 10 runs per week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Once dps stop standing in the yellow piss maybe we can do some dps.
    Amen! Did a mythic Eye yesterday and all 3 dps individually took more damage as the tank = low dps output for me

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Well I guess it's the same way most DPS barely know how to do dps! Also, are you guys starting to heal aswell as tank now atop of doing miniscule and subpar dps now? No? Didn't think so!
    Not sure why you're changing the subject.
    I've had to start using drain life on several ocassions while running mythics just because the healer only knows how to heal the tank.

People keep saying how toxic this community is and how people aren't social and how it's all Blizzard's fault, yet no outrage when someone wants to get paid to help? Is this social, non toxic behavior? Demanding payment instead of playing and socializing for fun? How on earth can it all be Blizzard's fault when people like this exist?

I'm off now, to level a healer who will heal everything for free What's the best mythic healer atm? Paladin?