Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Non Tradeable gear is the most ridiculous thing ever

What's the point of binding the gear to players if they dont really need them? If the gear has an item level that is higher than all the existing gear of the same slot, it is bound? Most stupid thing ever.

The point is you do need it. At least that's Blizzard's opinion.

In reality, the reason they have done this is to prevent the "split raid" mentality from dominating 5 mans. If they didn't you would just bring throw-away alts to mythic and Mythic+ dungeons to funnel gear to others.
    Now at least the toon you do that on has to have gear enough to facilitate that.

Is that really that hard to understand though? Seems obvious, to me at least.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    The point is you do need it. At least that's Blizzard's opinion.

In reality, the reason they have done this is to prevent the "split raid" mentality from dominating 5 mans. If they didn't you would just bring throw-away alts to mythic and Mythic+ dungeons to funnel gear to others.
    Now at least the toon you do that on has to have gear enough to facilitate that.

Is that really that hard to understand though? Seems obvious, to me at least.

i play the game, i dont need blizzard to tell me what i need or dont need, thats the point

That took some getting used to for me, because I am an old man that played MMOs before WoW. It is kind of necessary though. If every piece of gear from heroic and mythic dungeons could be put on the AH right now; the prices would be dirt cheap and people could just fully gear themselves on the AH. I do think they could be more lenient on it than they are though.

Asheron's Call came out in 1999 and it even had some items that were "attuned" which is the same as BoP. Later on the best gear in the game was high quality random drops that were then altered by players. You could sell that stuff; but it was expensive and the gear had skill and or level requirements on it. If you were on a WoW server with multiple guilds that farm mythic raids; you could buy their BiS throw aways for cheap on the AH if selling them were allowed.
    Last edited by Ghier; 2016-09-15 at 04:13 AM.

If this restriction weren't in place, it'd give split PL runs a reason to exist. And honestly, that'd suck a lot more than just regular split runs.

One thing to keep in mind that this isn't a *new* restriction - in WoD PL loot was always bound with no way around that.
    The new system lets you trade gear when it previously did not - it does not restrict you in any new ways.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    i play the game, i dont need blizzard to tell me what i need or dont need, thats the point
    And Blizzard makes the game and they can tell you literally anything they fucking want to tell you.

Diablo 3 RMAH was a good example of how the unchecked ability to trade gear can detrimentally impact the game.

It's not an ARPG.

To clarify: the recent change only made the items non-sellable via AH. The trade-if-worse-than-mine-mechanic still works.
    this is about Worldquest funneling AH-pieces what was propably not intended from the start and just a oversight from blizz

What's the point of binding the gear to players if they dont really need them? If the gear has an item level that is higher than all the existing gear of the same slot, it is bound? Most stupid thing ever.
    It used to be bound no matter what. They literally gave you something you never had before by allowing you to trade low level PL items to people in the same instance. Before the pre patch, it was not possible to trade any PL, regardless of ilvl. Your complaint has no basis in reality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    It used to be bound no matter what. They literally gave you something you never had before by allowing you to trade low level PL items to people in the same instance. Before the pre patch, it was not possible to trade any PL, regardless of ilvl. Your complaint has no basis in reality.
    What? Before pre patch you had the option to just put it on Group Loot and trade whatever you wanted, without any restriction.

I got really lucky and got a mythic piece or upgraded mythic for every slot on my first 2 weeks of mythic, right now I'd be giving gear out like crazy and that's kind of imbalanced. I believe nearly every piece should be able to be traded in the run itself but not outside the instance to the AH or anything because people wouldn't need to run content then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

Personal loot is still allows split runs can happen. Lets assume we are talking about Mythic dungeons, get 4 guys saved to instance X, bring the guy you want to gear, he will always get and item per boss. Profit.

Trading gear wasn't a thing in vanilla and early expansions. Just be happy you can share gear AT ALL under certain circumstances. This isn't diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    Personal loot is still allows split runs can happen. Lets assume we are talking about Mythic dungeons, get 4 guys saved to instance X, bring the guy you want to gear, he will always get and item per boss. Profit.
    Not true. My guild has been running mythic dungeons with only 4 loot-eligible players (last one did it earlier in the week with other guildies), and we occasionally run into bosses that don't drop any loot at all. When we did a run with only 3 loot-eligibles, it was even worse -- 2 bosses out of 3 in Maw of Souls didn't drop anything. It looks like personal works with the same rules in dungeons as in raids -- 20% chance of a drop per loot-eligible player, with a chance of an extra drop on final bosses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranxie View Post
    Not true. My guild has been running mythic dungeons with only 4 loot-eligible players (last one did it earlier in the week with other guildies), and we occasionally run into bosses that don't drop any loot at all. When we did a run with only 3 loot-eligibles, it was even worse -- 2 bosses out of 3 in Maw of Souls didn't drop anything. It looks like personal works with the same rules in dungeons as in raids -- 20% chance of a drop per loot-eligible player, with a chance of an extra drop on final bosses.
    Got 4 pieces of loot of the 2nd boss in VH last night, 2 of which were actually upgrades for my guild members.
    Got 2 from the first boss and 2 from last boss.

Guess that blows your theory out the water.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kranxie View Post
    Nice sample-size you got going there...

Huh? He's disproving a statement, your sample size only needs to be 1.

That would destroy a server economy and game would become pay2win with ppl buying gold via tokens and getting mythic gear
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©