Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've notice a few issues with elemental

1. I do basically 0 damage while moving outside of Lava Surge procs. As soon as heavy movement starts on fights I can just see my damage plummet compared to other classes.

2. AOE ramp up time is to long. Unless the mobs are alive for at least 20-30 seconds I am lucky to do half the damage of other people.

3. Our Artifact trait is pretty bad. Why does it buff our lowest damage spell and why is it on the GCD ?

4. Starting combat sucks because flameshock only lasts like 10 seconds with no malestrom. This is rally frustrating when specing ascendance because you are stuck deciding between casting another flameshock in the middle of it or waiting to build up malestrom before starting your burst on the pull.

5. I feel really weak out in the world. I mean we wear a shield and mail armor. I shouldn't feel like a mage and be worried when I have 2 or 3 mobs on me. Especially at lower gear levels. Suramar was a nightmare right after hitting 110.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

I've run with a few Ele shaman in mythic's, and I honestly dont understand the issue. They were ripping it up. 250k+ single target on bosses. Trash 400k+ while providing the utility of purges, lightning surge stuns, EQ stuns etc. Crazy good.

Here is what I posted in another Elemental thread:

There is no reason for Stormkeeper to have such a short duration. Give it 3 charges w/ no limit, or like a 30 sec duration for the buff. That is kinda sad that Ele doesn't find their Artifact ability more useful. They could try to spice it up somehow.... maybe increase haste/crit and MS generation for those LB's.... or those 3 LB's can be cast while moving.... or both!

As for AoE, there are a few options they could do. Increasing MS generation for CL is one idea. They could make it so if CL hits 3+ targets, it makes your EQ cost 50% less. For EQ, to make it more useful on lower HP trash packs, they could frontload the damage so the earlier ticks do more damage then the later ones. So instead of 10 ticks for 100 damage each, it could be like (300, 200, 100, 100, 100, 50, 50, 50, 25, 25). Both do 1000 damage in 10 sec/ticks, but frontloading helps get more DPS out if they will die faster.

The most recent mmo-champ PTR notes say that Earthquake will just be a spell now, no totem anymore. So that is something I guess lol.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the number one biggest issue is that elemental has ZERO mobility. After blowing whatever maelstrom you have on Earth Shock there is nothing else to do while moving unless you get a Lava Surge proc. Make Lightning Bolt castable while moving, or at least let Stormkeeper add that effect.

Also, increase Stormkeeper's duration (only 15 seconds for three casts, really?) and take it off the GCD. It's totally stupid as is.

Deleted
    7.1 PTR
    Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Feral Spirits now all have totem timers.
    Earthquake Totem has been renamed to Earthquake and no longer summons a totem.
    Thx Blizzard...

Deleted
    It's actually quite funny, the elemental artifact and ability, how underwhelming it all feels. We're all doing our best to try to like it I believe but it almost makes you laugh.

Imagine that Blizzard meeting throwing out ideas for artifact abilities.

"Warriors lets let them shoot fire out of their shields OMG!"
    "destro locks we can let them open rifts that do damage AWESOME!"
    "elemental shaman lets make it buff their worst spells damage a bit HAHAHA"
    "and then we can make it look like a shitty leveling green fist weapon with a shield for ants HAHAH"

Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    "and then we can make it look like a shitty leveling green fist weapon with a shield for ants HAHAH"

Seriously...
    Ironic that you pick 2 Artifact abilities that aren't exactly popular in their respective communities as well.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    They seem to also want to put flameshock back to 6 second cooldown... /facepalm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Ironic that you pick 2 Artifact abilities that aren't exactly popular in their respective communities as well.
    Just mentioned 2 abilities that actually do something, but there are countless other examples if you want a long list

The destro one is popular though, people just dont like that it's random which rift they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeron View Post
    I've run with a few Ele shaman in mythic's, and I honestly dont understand the issue. They were ripping it up. 250k+ single target on bosses. Trash 400k+ while providing the utility of purges, lightning surge stuns, EQ stuns etc. Crazy good.
    In comparison literally every other DPS spec is still better (even if your numbers sound very made up and Fire Elemental doesn't really count).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's great fun when your 810 outlaw rogue alt is outdamaging your 850 ele in all situations, including sustained damage from range while moving!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    In comparison literally every other DPS spec is still better (even if your numbers sound very made up and Fire Elemental doesn't really count).
    He probbably doesnt know the difference between Elemental and Enhancement

Just mentioned 2 abilities that actually do something, but there are countless other examples if you want a long list
    "Doing something" sounds like a fair for the description for an artifact ability.

Aside from that, i was talking just about these two and the drawbacks they have.

Dimensional Rift sucks for AoE.

Neltharions Fury is useless when any magic Damage is incoming, Immobilizies you and any Stuns / Knockback instantly cancel the effect, sure great as Tank in Dungeons

but there are countless other examples if you want a long list
    Let me guess, the "countless" number is 33.

Not saying that Stormkeeper is the best artifact ability, but stop assuming that any other Artifact is automatically better.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-09-15 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "Doing something" sounds like a fair for the description for an artifact ability.

Aside from that, i was talking just about these two and the drawbacks they have.

Dimensional Rift sucks for AoE.

Neltharions Fury is useless when any magic Damge is incoming, Immobilizies you and any Stuns / Knockback instantly cancel the effect, sure great as Tank in Dungeons

Let me guess, the "countless" number is 33.

Not saying that Stormkeeper is the best artifact ability, but stop assuming that any other Artifact is automatically better.
    Doing something was vague then so let me say a new ability that does something we haven't seen before with a cool animation and isn't just a damage buff (something that blizzard has said themselves they don't like for abilities). It's a lazy design in my opinion when they were basically free to design whatever they wanted with artifact abilities.

It's a boring ability for being attached to an artifact. I'm sure several other specs are in the same situation and never stated otherwise.

You're just being a typical forum d!ckhead for no reason.

Deleted
    It's actually quite funny, the elemental artifact and ability, how underwhelming it all feels. We're all doing our best to try to like it I believe but it almost makes you laugh.

Imagine that Blizzard meeting throwing out ideas for artifact abilities.

Seriously...

"The grass is always greener" , warlocks actually don't like this artifact trait and whine about "why doesn't it buff our big bad chaos bolt????"

Stormkeeper is actually amazing if you lot stop mindlessly whining, much better than some other caster abilities. If you think 200% chain lightning buff with 3 charges is bad then you are playing it wrong.

I guess like on just every class discussion forum there will come a point where people will just use the same argument "why can't I be like demon hunters?". Guess what DH are broken on purpose and will remain op until the next expansion, nothing new there.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if you don't like the lack of mobility, just pick icefury its a very strong ability. Just try it and stop wanting to be like the stupid op broken classes (DH, WW monk, rogue)
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2016-09-15 at 09:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    "The grass is always greener" , warlocks actually don't like this artifact trait and whine about "why doesn't it buff our big bad chaos bolt????"

Stormkeeper is actually amazing if you lot stop mindlessly whining, much better than some other caster abilities. If you think 200% chain lightning buff with 3 charges is bad then you are playing it wrong.

I guess like on just every class discussion forum there will come a point where people will just use the same argument "why can't I be like demon hunters?". Guess what DH are broken on purpose and will remain op until the next expansion, nothing new there.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if you don't like the lack of mobility, just pick icefury its a very strong ability. Just try it and stop wanting to be like the stupid op broken classes (DH, WW monk, rogue)
    In addition we really don't need to pick on Warlocks here. They're off bad enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruiru View Post
    They seem to also want to put flameshock back to 6 second cooldown... /facepalm

Thats a pretty stupid change if they do that. Unless it means they will greatly buff lava burst and make path of flame better

- - - Updated - - -

I think you are just saying this for the sake of arguing. That 200% buff is something that barely let us keep up with other classes in AOE and if thats your definition of extremely powerful then OK.

About lack of mobility: Icefury is in no way a solution to this. You sacrifice your middle of the pack ST damage to not be utter shit while moving. There are actual problems in NUMBERS and pricks like you makes it harder to send a message to blizzard that Elemental needs some love.

Deleted
    Doing something was vague then so let me say a new ability that does something we haven't seen before with a cool animation and isn't just a damage buff (something that blizzard has said themselves they don't like for abilities). It's a lazy design in my opinion when they were basically free to design whatever they wanted with artifact abilities.

It's a boring ability for being attached to an artifact. I'm sure several other specs are in the same situation and never stated otherwise.

You're just being a typical forum d!ckhead for no reason.

Thats the case of most artifact talents, they are boring "+damage+healing,CD reduction" stuff and one active ability. Elemental shaman is no different and actually has some synergy within the perks.

I'm having a look at the BM and MM hunter artifact, they suck balls, their artifact ability is much more useless than stormkeeper, affli warlocks ability doesn't work reliably, frost DKs have a 5 min burst AOE that is good but the CD is way too long, ebonbolt for frost mage is quite boring too, just a bigger frostbolt+icelance charges, destru warlock is totally RNG, shadow priest is interesting but its channeled and thats quite an issue for many situations,etc...

Yeah no, tell me what artifact is actually fun besides one or two perks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    I think you are just saying this for the sake of arguing. That 200% buff is something that barely let us keep up with other classes in AOE and if thats your definition of extremely powerful then OK.

About lack of mobility: Icefury is in no way a solution to this. You sacrifice your middle of the pack ST damage to not be utter shit while moving. There are actual problems in NUMBERS and pricks like you makes it harder to send a message to blizzard that Elemental needs some love.

Oh so you are already resorting to name calling? You are the same type of crappy players that ruined the feedback session with blizard because they can't actually argue unless they whine and cry and call blizzard for intentionally "murdering" their spec. No wonder blizzard laughs at your type of players. You talk like a child and expect to be taken seriously? There is a fine line between constructive criticism and mindless whining "wah wah my class is dead, wah blizards hates me" and many hyperbole and misinformation

You are completely confusing the weakness of elemental shaman which is damage and ramp up with stormkeeper. The issue is not stormkeeper, the artifact ability can actually be very strong if the class is even slightly tuned up. Therefore its a great ability,much more useful than having just another form of big lava burst spell.

Icefury is great on ST damage burst, what on earth are you smoking? Another terrible elemental player complaining without understanding his own class, I've seen this in every forum discussion, some of them don't even read the tooltip of their own abilities, that speaks volume about the "quality feedback" some complainers pretend to give.

Thats the case of most artifact talents, they are boring "+damage+healing,CD reduction" stuff and one active ability. Elemental shaman is no different and actually has some synergy within the perks.

I'm having a look at the BM and MM hunter artifact, they suck balls, their artifact ability is much more useless than stormkeeper, affli warlocks ability doesn't work reliably, frost DKs have a 5 min burst AOE that is good but the CD is way too long, ebonbolt for frost mage is quite boring too, just a bigger frostbolt+icelance charges, destru warlock is totally RNG, shadow priest is interesting but its channeled and thats quite an issue for many situations,etc...

Yeah no, tell me what artifact is actually fun besides one or two perks.
    Resto has an outstanding ability and Enh's is basically "free Lava Lash (or Stormstrikes if you're lucky with procs) for six seconds".