Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm calling it now, Illidan will be turned into the Avatar of Sargeras.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden or the Avatar of Sargeras, considering we have confirmation that we're going into the Tomb. One of those two.

Deleted
    Didn't a quest say that we need to kill Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden and Balnazaar before we can get to the big bad boss guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffz View Post
    Didn't a quest say that we need to kill Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden and Balnazaar before we can get to the big bad boss guy.
    Gul'dan is dying in the Nighthold, and paladins (and maybe priests, I'm not sure) kill Balnazaar in the finale of their Order campaign. Balnazar dies in Netherlight temple which itself is in the twisting nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    He's in Nighthold. Which is not going to be the final raid.
    Because he can't escape after being defeated?

Not saying he will be the end boss but it wouldn't be that hard to justify a escape death from any an defeat and involve him with future raids. Hell you could change him into a demon mid fight during the encounter and have him resurrected again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Jaina can't go crazy... Because she already is. Make her the end boss. Do it now!

We use the Sargerite Keystone to go to Kil'Jaedens palace, fuck him up, suddenly Sargeras pops up, queue a Halls of Reflection-esque fight where we just try to survive, we sacrifice our weapons to open the portal back up/stun Sargeras/whatever, Illidan is like "WELL GUYS TOLD U SO THATS WHAT I WANTED TO DO ANYWAY", everyone starts laughing, Khadgar pees himself.

Kil'Jaeden also shows up a lot, being in several Artifact quests, being part of the DH Class Hall, being a focal point of the Audio Drama, being central to Illidans story.

I would be surprised if he isn't the end boss.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2016-09-15 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    My guess is Kil'Jaeden, we'll go to Argus and kill him and the burning legion will retreat in fear since we killed him for good. Then we'll be on the Azshara expansion.

Sunwell-style Azshara after the 'last tier'?

Illidan possessed by Sargeras, because Gul'dan wanted him for something or fel Odyn, because he pretty much has the same backstory as Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Illidan possessed by Sargeras, because Gul'dan wanted him for something or fel Odyn, because he pretty much has the same backstory as Sargeras.
    The corrupted -insert name here- really needs to stop.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I get the feeling that's what they're doing with Illidan, at least initially. They removed his spirit from his body, and what are they doing now? It'd be very ironic for a demon hunter to be controlled by the demons' master commander of all great things.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    It'll either be

Mal'ganis - Being a Lord of the Dreadlords and also managed to survive against the strongest weapon in existence. Mal'ganis should be consider one of the strongest being in the WoW Lore. I can see him as a final boss for Legion.

Or

Jaina - another possible choice. She can go crazy and start serving the Legion, getting a powerup in the process and becoming one of the strongest beings in the Lore with this boost in power.

Or

Undead Varian - Gul'dan could use some ancient powerful necromancy on his corpse, turning him into a fel empowered undead and becoming one of the strongest being in the universe.

Or

Kel'thuzard - While the Legion and forces of Azeroth are warring with each other. Kel'thuzard could be raising a army of his own from the dead and then destroying both the Legion and Alliance/Horde forces and only our raid party heros has a chance to stop him.

Or

Hakkar - His servants could use this Legion invasion to their advantage. Casting a ancient ritual to resurrect the great soulflayer to wreck havoc upon the world.
    That is really random...

Mal'ganis is a less powerfull Dreadlord then Tichondrius and we kill him in Nighthold.

Jaina is less powerfull then Khadgar atm and we could proberly 5-man kill him and there is no reason for her to go Legion. She is mad because she wants to protect the human race. I don't think going "DESTROY ALL" will save any humans xD

Varian exploded.

Kel'thuzad is dead.

And Hakker has been defeated many times before and has no connection at all to the current expansion.

The final boss in each expansion (outside of bonus raids in the final months of an expansion) are always heavily connected to the theme of the expansion. So we will proberly see some demon dude as the final boss, so i will jump on the Avatar of Sargaras / Kiljaeden-train. We are going into the tomb and seal the portal, so the Legion is proberly going to send their best guy to stop us. Some random boss from a previous expansion would not do.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Kel'Thuzad is not dead, liches are immortal and they come back unless you destroy their soul box aka phylactery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    That is really random...

Mal'ganis is a less powerfull Dreadlord then Tichondrius and we kill him in Nighthold.

Jaina is less powerfull then Khadgar atm and we could proberly 5-man kill him and there is no reason for her to go Legion. She is mad because she wants to protect the human race. I don't think going "DESTROY ALL" will save any humans xD

Varian exploded.

Kel'thuzad is dead.

And Hakker has been defeated many times before and has no connection at all to the current expansion.

The final boss in each expansion (outside of bonus raids in the final months of an expansion) are always heavily connected to the theme of the expansion. So we will proberly see some demon dude as the final boss, so i will jump on the Avatar of Sargaras / Kiljaeden-train. We are going into the tomb and seal the portal, so the Legion is proberly going to send their best guy to stop us. Some random boss from a previous expansion would not do.
    Becasue Archimonde was one of the Warlords of Draenor...... wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Illidan corrupted himself, he's a powerful semi-demonic character who would be a logical replacement for Medivh. The fight would end with him forcing his body to stop fighting so that we can kill him, and send Sargeras back into the tomb. There is a precedent of a demon hunter doing this.

This is not corruption or madness, this is Sargeras' plan, and Illidan's redemption.

Odyn is full of himself, he despises the other watchers for not agreeing with his vision, and he already forced Helya and the val'kyrs into his plan. While he hasn't done the watcher equivalent of killing the Pantheon, he probably would. Sargeras would have a huge influence on someone like him.

This is not corruption or madness, this is a character arc following a pattern established by another.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-09-15 at 12:30 PM.

I reckon that sargeras possesses the broken body of hogger and he becomes the main end boss, after all, we killed him first, then after the cataclysm we capture him and stick him in the stockades to kill him there.. He's pretty pissed off with that and his anger attracts sargeras..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04DJya0CmB4

KilJaeden and NZoth comes and eats KJ at the end of the fight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    scratch all of that and rather put your money on some form of Avatar of Sargeras. It's his tomb
    im expecting either;

1) sargeras empowered jaina (horde bad guys have taken the last 2 xpacs so why not a crazy ally this time)
    or
    2) a still sargeras possessed Medivh being inside the tomb powering the portal this whole time. (especially with what moroes says in the new kara preview)

a third, lamer option would be plain old kil'jayden, possibly his whole body in our world this time, with our route to argus behind him for the xpac after this.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Kil'Jaeden
    ^^ This is the only real option. Archimonde is dead for reals and now it's time to take out Kil'Jaeden. That will open the door for Sargeras himself to appear and we can have a titan-based expansion. Although we need Azshara in there somewhere.