Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I won't be going for Yu'lon anytime soon, mainly because I don't use revive. It's so weak these days. It used to be a raid saving healing CD, but now I feel it does nothing. Heals for around 200k according to my tooltip. Not exactly game breaking...
    Yeah. Kinda weird considering other classes (druids) got a buff to their raid cool downs in 5 man content while revival barely heals 250k at 650ilvl.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I will be less relied upon for raid CDs this time around, due to revival being lackluster and that we have a resto shaman now

10+ Year Old Account
    Once you are geared 830+ your Vivify is basically keeping whole party alive without ooming. I'd even dare to say MW is best mythic healer because of how high aoe healing and singletarget healing it can do without ooming. Just remove essence font from your bars. It's way too costly heal for long channel and low heals compared to what 2x vivify does. Only thing what MW lacks is utility like CR, totems, dmg boosts etc, to help party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    Once you are geared 830+ your Vivify is basically keeping whole party alive without ooming. I'd even dare to say MW is best mythic healer because of how high aoe healing and singletarget healing it can do without ooming. Just remove essence font from your bars. It's way too costly heal for long channel and low heals compared to what 2x vivify does. Only thing what MW lacks is utility like CR, totems, dmg boosts etc, to help party.
    So far I'd say monk are best for spread out groups, but if you have many melee, druids and their efflorescence are seriously godly.

What's weird with mistweavers is you have no spammable cheap heal, it's basically soothing mist, but the bastard interrupts if you can renewing mist.. which is probably it's biggest issue, because you have to waste a heal to restart the channel.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So far I'd say monk are best for spread out groups, but if you have many melee, druids and their efflorescence are seriously godly.

What's weird with mistweavers is you have no spammable cheap heal, it's basically soothing mist, but the bastard interrupts if you can renewing mist.. which is probably it's biggest issue, because you have to waste a heal to restart the channel.
    Yes and No. If you are using the statue, it will continue to cast soothing mist on the previous target until you finish the new cast, which is kind of nice?

If I find myself needing to spam something to get someone up, and I don't want to use mana, I just spam Effuse over and over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Could you be more succinct? I don't have time to read an essay on why you feel choosing bad talents is good.

Give me a TLDR.
    TLDR: what started as a rational discussion has just decended into pure salt and trolling. I'm done trying explain myself to people who obviously arent here to have a constructive conversation. Have a nice life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribbinge View Post
    TLDR: what started as a rational discussion has just decended into pure salt and trolling. I'm done trying explain myself to people who obviously arent here to have a constructive conversation. Have a nice life.
    My life is already nice, don't tell me what to have.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

That's why I don't use renewing mist unless target needs more healing. It does not matter really if soothing mist breaks because your mastery is a good heal when adding renewing mist o the target. And your statue still casts Soothing mist on your last target.

If there is no need for more heals on other party members than tank, I keep soothing mist up on tank.
    If tank takes more dmg than what soothing mist can handle, I use renewing mist on the tank.
    If someone else in party takes dmg, I use renewing mist on tank and heal the other member.
    If multible party members take dmg, I use vivify and thunder focusing tea to add 2 renewing mists into party to help with upcoming dmg.
    My mastery is around 211% which is ok for a quick extra heal burst on every target when adding renewing mist.

going to echo what other people have said here but I much prefer Chi-ji to Statue, that bird sticks around for quite awhile and puts out decent healing which can help a lot to smooth out heavy AOE damage encounters, which at least to me is where MW is feeling the weakest so far

Hope they fix the "ChiJi doesnt start healing bug" someday, hate to have to cast the heal manually for it to work properly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amythist View Post
    going to echo what other people have said here but I much prefer Chi-ji to Statue, that bird sticks around for quite awhile and puts out decent healing which can help a lot to smooth out heavy AOE damage encounters, which at least to me is where MW is feeling the weakest so far
    I will change to chi-ji the spastic crane for raids. But I feel it's overkill for 5mans and that the statue gives me a bit more control over who the healing goes to

Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I will change to chi-ji the spastic crane for raids. But I feel it's overkill for 5mans and that the statue gives me a bit more control over who the healing goes to
    I didn't try, but can't you manually use Chi-Ji to heal specific target using the pet bar and binds?
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I can't decide if I want to main my Holy Pally or my Mistweaver. It's killing me trying to pick.

Why does everyone always say MW require you to be in melee range to get the most out of it's healing? Because of fistweaving?

Deleted
    During some Mythics Chiji yesterday did 20-25% of my healing, I think it was Maw of Souls I dps'ed a lot and used Chiji on CD to keep dpsing.

MW healing is fine. Although I just dinged 110 and have invested only up to the first big AP jump ( 1 major trait ), once I started to EF before Vivify, I've had no problems keep up the tank and the rest of the party alive (5man).

Wondering if that talent on the top left is nice for Fistweaving and resseting your Thunderfocus Tea with Rising Sun Kick .... I've specced in the middle Major talent now though.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    During some Mythics Chiji yesterday did 20-25% of my healing, I think it was Maw of Souls I dps'ed a lot and used Chiji on CD to keep dpsing.
    It's that good? I always took Statue because it's just a nice passive HoT to anybody for 30 seconds (it's not even that bad, ~ 10-15k HPS for me) but I might try Chiji... but the animation... c'mon. So ugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's that good? I always took Statue because it's just a nice passive HoT to anybody for 30 seconds (it's not even that bad, ~ 10-15k HPS for me) but I might try Chiji... but the animation... c'mon. So ugly.
    Would probably say its one of the best healer cd's around. Ultimately despite his insanely numbers over the course of instances be it trash/bosses (gotta love those triple pulls on mythic) it allows me so much dps time on bosses or trash without worrying. Throw some hots out and go to town, easily getting around 90-110k dps on bosses*

*Lust ahoy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    MW healing is fine. Although I just dinged 110 and have invested only up to the first big AP jump ( 1 major trait ), once I started to EF before Vivify, I've had no problems keep up the tank and the rest of the party alive (5man).

Wondering if that talent on the top left is nice for Fistweaving and resseting your Thunderfocus Tea with Rising Sun Kick .... I've specced in the middle Major talent now though.
    All of the top talents are good.

But I usually take the one with 3 empowers on TFT. Simply because the RSK talent would force me to make good use of it but at this point I am running brain afk through all mythics and facerolling everythign even in random groups.

I feel like I can carry almost any random group now as MW(847). The trinket from the 2nd boss in Maw of Souls does insane healing numbers on trash. I have seen it spike at 20% healing done on trash pulls and 7% for an entire instance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    All of the top talents are good.

But I usually take the one with 3 empowers on TFT. Simply because the RSK talent would force me to make good use of it but at this point I am running brain afk through all mythics and facerolling everythign even in random groups.

I feel like I can carry almost any random group now as MW(847). The trinket from the 2nd boss in Maw of Souls does insane healing numbers on trash. I have seen it spike at 20% healing done on trash pulls and 7% for an entire instance.
    Still trying to get that trinket : / no luck at any difficulty yet.

I tend to run Focused Thunder, having tried Mana Tea for a few mythics, I just found it pointless. Plan to run SotC + Rising Thunder for a few mythics this week just to see how it plays. Apparently at certain M+ levels its quite effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Erebzion View Post
    Still trying to get that trinket : / no luck at any difficulty yet.

I tend to run Focused Thunder, having tried Mana Tea for a few mythics, I just found it pointless. Plan to run SotC + Rising Thunder for a few mythics this week just to see how it plays. Apparently at certain M+ levels its quite effective.
    Rising Thunder is amazing ... but I'd never pick the Blackout Mana regen (especially when we don't need it atm) for MistWeaving while moving ...