Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sigils INSTANT cast

Hiho

Sigils are AoE targeted-on-the-ground spells. You have to:

1). Click Sigil's hotkey with keyboard
    2). Hover mouse on the ground
    3). Press Left Mouse Button to cast Sigil

Is it possible to make such a macro, that step 3 is completely skipped?

So the sigil is used the moment you press the spell, at the place where you currently hover a mouse cursor? (as long as the mouse cursor is in a proper yards range, that is)

Just like smartcasts in League of Legends or HotS and I suppose Dota
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2016-09-13 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, hence why there is a talent to drop it right under you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    1). Click Sigil
    This is where you go wrong.

1) Press hotkey
    2) click your left mouse button
    That's how you do it, may have to adjust your cursor a bit but that takes 0.5 sec.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Hiho

1). Click Sigil

So the sigil is used the moment you press the spell, at the place where you currently hover a mouse cursor? (as long as the mouse cursor is in a proper yards range, that is)

Don't click the sigil and you'll be skipping step 1 and 2. You have your mouse ready where you want to use it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    No, hence why there is a talent to drop it right under you.
    This removes a ton of utility from sigils though, and you don't get Sigil of Chains. Bad idea.

He's right though, and it sucks, but it's not as bad when you consider it's just a keypress and a click if you already have your cursor where you want, which you do anyways.

Hiho

1). Click Sigil

bind Sigil on LMB or learn to play with hotkeys
    how you were maining a warlock with mouse-pressing spells stays your little secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Smart Cast" is a common feature in a lot of stretegy and MOBA type games these days. Their "moba" HOTS even has it. It should be an option for ground-targetted AOE spells to 'smart cast' at cursor location on mouse release; or default to the targeting reticle if the area is an impossible target (out of line of sight or range or such)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Is DH even playable if you click your spells? I didn't try vengeance but on havoc you have to move your camera pretty fast if you are fulrushing through things

For the Gods sake, I don't click spells with mouse haha :P I just mispelled/misbrained my main post, obviously I click things with a keyboard.

Still, are you guys sure it's not possible to make such a macro?

It'd be extremely helpful (in terms of min-maxing) also for my main's fire mage's flamestrike.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    You have to use some macro stuff with a razer naga or something, I know swifty does so with his Heroic Leap.

But it is borderline exploiting though, a bit of a gray zone but it is definately bannable.

@Syrith

If it'd be possible to make, it would most definitely not be bannable, just fixed sooner or later if it was an exploit. Blizzard said that addons and macros aren't bannable, because it's part of their API and therefore their fault, kind of.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Pretty sure someone's gotten banned for making a macro for such before as it gives you a direct advantage over the other players, but
    I can't say for sure. Just do what you want lol.

For the Gods sake, I don't click spells with mouse haha :P I just mispelled/misbrained my main post, obviously I click things with a keyboard.
    Surely then your problem is... a non-issue? You literally just hit the keybind and click the area right after, almost zero delay.

Agreed, it's not problematic. But looking at the fact that Legion will be here for next, I suppose, 2 years - it'd be so convienient to smash that "almost zero delay" problem in the face with just one macro. It's like weakauras or some other addon - you can use default ("almost zero delay") but you could also just set up one thing in few minutes/hours and be done about that problem for next years.

At this moment I'm almost certain such macro isn't possible to do, therefore this thread can be closed

Thanks

I would love the option of smart cast for ground target abilities such as the sigils. I use smart cast in all the moba's and it makes the fluidity of these type of spells so much better. Maybe a small checkbox next to the spell in the spell book giving an option to make it smart cast.

Not possible, the best way to do it is to assign sigils to your mouse and insta click mouse buttom and then left click. it's the closest thing you get to a insta-cast.

But yeah, there should be an option to cast AoE Spells at mouse location. GW2 have it, and it's awesomely good.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

@Syrith

If it'd be possible to make, it would most definitely not be bannable, just fixed sooner or later if it was an exploit. Blizzard said that addons and macros aren't bannable, because it's part of their API and therefore their fault, kind of.
    The macros mentioned aren't game macros, they are hardware macros or AutoHotKey, which is bannable.

There is no way, in the current game macro system, to create a macro that bypasses the reticle and auto places. The game doesn't have that functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I see people type out druid(s) as "dudu." So, my class is now reduced to a pile of crap (doo doo)? What?

Unlike MOBAs, WoW have 3D world where you can move your mouse 1mm away and cast spell miles away from the point you wanted. So trust me, while smartcasting may look appealing, most people will hate it after less than hour of playing.
    I prefer 1 more click each cast with no wrong casts than less clicks with sometimes having wrong casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    This removes a ton of utility from sigils though, and you don't get Sigil of Chains. Bad idea.

He's right though, and it sucks, but it's not as bad when you consider it's just a keypress and a click if you already have your cursor where you want, which you do anyways.
    Please tell me why it is bad to not have chains??? Not once have i been in any mythics where i have said damn it would be nice to have chains over having the stuff at my feet. all mobs come for me if i need to interupt i have a ranged silence?? it maybe nice to have it but for me personally i have not seen a need for it yet. and the people i watch streaming that have it like use it maybe once every 2-3 mythics. and this tank is in top raiding guild. idk just seems blah to me honestly

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Please tell me why it is bad to not have chains??? Not once have i been in any mythics where i have said damn it would be nice to have chains over having the stuff at my feet. all mobs come for me if i need to interupt i have a ranged silence?? it maybe nice to have it but for me personally i have not seen a need for it yet. and the people i watch streaming that have it like use it maybe once every 2-3 mythics. and this tank is in top raiding guild. idk just seems blah to me honestly
    Basically every archer in the game?
    Also, what if you're out of interrupts/want to save it for important spells?