Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

nerf incoming...

"In the meantime, we are looking at a couple of targeted changes to address some clear outliers: in the near future, we’re planning on deploying hotfixes that reduce tank damage output across the board (tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers), as well as reducing the AoE burst damage capabilities of Windwalker monks (mainly Strike of the Windlord’s area component) and Havoc Demon Hunters (mainly Fel Barrage). Those specializations will still excel in that area, but will not be so clearly dominant over their peers."

Be ready to be nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Zayr View Post
    "In the meantime, we are looking at a couple of targeted changes to address some clear outliers: in the near future, we’re planning on deploying hotfixes that reduce tank damage output across the board (tanks should be very sturdy and effective at killing things, but too often their damage output rivals that of pure damage dealers), as well as reducing the AoE burst damage capabilities of Windwalker monks (mainly Strike of the Windlord’s area component) and Havoc Demon Hunters (mainly Fel Barrage). Those specializations will still excel in that area, but will not be so clearly dominant over their peers."

Be ready to be nerfed
    Wow, finally they address an issue that has been pissing me off since legion started. Here is an idea... give strike of the windlord a GCD and reduce the damage by a ton. Then maybe i wont feel like an idiot using my elemental artifact talent that's garbage.

But we'll still remain clearly behind our peers in other aspects so there's that

Quote Originally Posted by Targom View Post
    But we'll still remain clearly behind our peers in other aspects so there's that
    Indeed, i mean it's no secret even on a boss with NO movement needed i still cant keep up with other classes, especially Monks, rogues, DH and Hunters. Elemental is just in need of some serious boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayr View Post

Be ready to be nerfed
    Wow, at least WWs of WoD lasted until the first raid tier before getting gutted like a tasty tuna, this time they're getting gutted before or during first raid. Savage.

Nomrally, I'd laugh and thank the stars I don't play a WW; but I play a BrM and they're getting their damaged nerfed too... so.. DOH!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    Indeed, i mean it's no secret even on a boss with NO movement needed i still cant keep up with other classes, especially Monks, rogues, DH and Hunters. Elemental is just in need of some serious boosts.
    Why would you continue with ele after the fiasco that was all of WoD? I made the mistake of maining ele up through most of brf and finally realized i had to be a complete masochist to continue, so i rerolled. Funny to see that nothing has changed, nor probably will change, or if anything has gotten worse. Blizz simply doesn't care. I think ghostcrawler admitted yesterday there was class bias at blizz, as half the dev team plays mage.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    I meant monks, this is a monk forum. I just don't trust blizzard because they'll nerf Strike due to how much it excels at AE/Cleave but they won't do anything to make up for the single target damage loss where monk is already middle of the pack.

Wow, at least WWs of WoD lasted until the first raid tier before getting gutted like a tasty tuna, this time they're getting gutted before or during first raid. Savage.
    I wouldn't say they are getting "Gutted" they still have the most mobility and sustain ever and their Artifact talent was hitting for like a million or more depending.. i mean you can't really say "Gutted" when they haven't even said what the nurf will be and when they are already OP a hell anyways. Maybe now other classes might have a chance to keep up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightmann View Post
    Why would you continue with ele after the fiasco that was all of WoD? I made the mistake of maining ele up through most of brf and finally realized i had to be a complete masochist to continue, so i rerolled. Funny to see that nothing has changed, nor probably will change, or if anything has gotten worse. Blizz simply doesn't care. I think ghostcrawler admitted yesterday there was class bias at blizz, as half the dev team plays mage.
    I only off spec Elemental but i main Resto spec.. i love healing on my shaman too much to let it go. Plus i almost have my rouge to level 110 so ill have to use that to step on people because Elemental is obsolete in every way in PVE and PVP. It's actually sad how bad it is and no one cares at Blizz lol.

Pesky monks and dh trying to get in the way of our glorious rogue and mage utopia. New era lads. You dared to fly too close to the chosen classes on wings of wax and must be made an example of.

RIP Monks, it was a fun run I enjoyed it a lot.
    Im glad WW could feel superior in one aspect for at least half a month in WoW, Thanks Blizzard
    Not sure what class to reroll now... any ideas?

lol @ people in here acting like its the end of the world with the incoming nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    It's funny to see people defending WW damage simply because raids aren't out yet.

WW will be nerfed next week before EM comes out. No other class comes close to their AoE damage besides DH. DH will get, at most, a slap on the wrist as they are the shiny new class.

Just because WW may be weak in a raid setting doesn't negate the fact that they are stupid strong in mythic dungeons. Mythic+ is now another environment Blizzard has to consider when balancing. Before it was Pvp and raids, now it's mythic+ as well.

Arms is way ahead in ST and will also get nerfed. There is no denying the damage some specs are doing.

Bottom line, WW will get nerfed, namely the CD or damage on artifact. As much as I love WW on beta and live, they will get nerfed on the tuning before Emerald Nightmare
    you really aren't paying attention if you don't notice the insane damage WW/DH are doing in overall damage in mythics.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-09-15 at 08:01 PM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

yet outlaw rogue can do close to our aoe (unless its way many mobs which is something above 6 for sure), and way more single target dps than us.
    If they nerf strike and buff us on other skills to do more single target damage i wouldn't be annoyed by it, i guess we will have to wait and see what is the nerf they cook for us, and the lame thing the game doesnt support alts at all or i would leave monk and get done with it by going to blizzards spoiled classes

Deleted
    strike of the windlord could do with a bit of a damage nerf, but i hope they don't over nerf ww monk since a massive chunk of our damage comes from that ability

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmy View Post
    yet outlaw rogue can do close to our aoe (unless its way many mobs which is something above 6 for sure), and way more single target dps than us.
    If they nerf strike and buff us on other skills to do more single target damage i wouldn't be annoyed by it, i guess we will have to wait and see what is the nerf they cook for us, and the lame thing the game doesnt support alts at all or i would leave monk and get done with it by going to blizzards spoiled classes
    source needed.

find me logs of a outlaw rogue who is keeping up with a WW/DH in overall damage in a mythic dungeon. both must have 3rd relic and roughly the same item level.

the only way an outlaw rogue will out damage a DH/WW in overall is if he gets a blessing from RNG gods on 6buff in the whole dungeon
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-09-15 at 08:03 PM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Oh no, my obviously OP damage is getting nerfed, time to reroll.

Yeah, right. Uh huh.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    lol @ people in here acting like its the end of the world with the incoming nerfs.
    Why do these cretins come in here? Monk was high because we got the best ability of our entire artifact off the bat. The rest of our artifact is lackluster, we even have a golden trait that scales inversely with gear, so it gets worse the more ilvl you get. Other classes cried without realizing that they'd catch up and surpass once they started really filling out their artifacts. Ive already run across mages pulling 500k aoe, and equally high st. Ive grouped with a rogue that hit 600k st on every single boss in the mythic instance. We were fine, we just bloomed early. We don't need a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmann View Post
    Why do these cretins come in here? Monk was high because we got the best ability of our entire artifact off the bat. The rest of our artifact is lackluster, we even have a golden trait that scales inversely with gear, so it gets worse the more ilvl you get. Other classes cried without realizing that they'd catch up and surpass once they started really filling out their artifacts. Ive already run across mages pulling 500k aoe, and equally high st. Ive grouped with a rogue that hit 600k st on every single boss in the mythic instance. We were fine, we just bloomed early. We don't need a nerf.
    lol 600k every boss. that implies he got 6buff on every boss. either you're full of shit or the guy got SUPER SUPER SUPER lucky. either way, provide logs please.

Yeah, I love WW monk and will still main it in this expac, but our damage from SoTW was pretty ridiculous. I had yet to find any groups where I wasn't top of the meters, except for the odd DH. ST was pretty ridiculous too, never dropped below anybody. IT's not just the ability hitting hard, but that the monk playstyle now already gives them a lot of versatility on fights to remain on top of the meters (Built in Cleave, mobility, healing, etc.).

I have a theory that a lot of these people coming in here saying it's justified aren't actually maining ww, or are diddling around in heroics or under 845 ilvl without 3rd slot. Other classes are already catching up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    RIP Monks, it was a fun run I enjoyed it a lot.
    Im glad WW could feel superior in one aspect for at least half a month in WoW, Thanks Blizzard
    Not sure what class to reroll now... any ideas?
    They're just going to nerf whatever class you pick next. There's no getting ahead here.