Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Felblade while rooted

Is this working as intended? If you're rooted but within melee range of your target, you can't use felblade. Felblade has a movement component but you're still able to hit the target!

Bug or no?

Working as intended.

I find it strange you can Fel Rush while Rooted to deal damage to nearby enemies but you cannot cast Felblade on target within melee range while Rooted...

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    I find it strange you can Fel Rush while Rooted to deal damage to nearby enemies but you cannot cast Felblade on target within melee range while Rooted...
    Well it just weird that you can use fel rush while rooted IMO.

But is Felblade realy the go talent for PvP ? Bloodlet just seems bether to me but I,m not PvPing anymore so.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    But is Felblade realy the go talent for PvP ? Bloodlet just seems bether to me but I,m not PvPing anymore so.
    Felblade is not the preferred choice at any time since it has no AoE use and its damage is lower than Bloodlet.

It is pretty much the go-to for Vengeance though

7+ Year Old Account
    Felblade isn't fully working as intended, and you can tell because it often places you somewhere ridiculous (use it when tanking a tentacle Hyela and you end up in a fucking hole).

Obviously this is not correct behaviour, even if this is technically "working as intended"
    disco inferno

FR and VR are not targeted abilities. Think of them like sprint or a defensive/offensive cooldown. You can activate such abilities as long as you have control of your character.

Felblade is not the preferred choice at any time since it has no AoE use and its damage is lower than Bloodlet.
    Felblade is more baseline for PvP... AoE dots break CC and Felblade is more initial burst + a movement ability.

The other annoying thing it does is bring me right under a huge mob when I'm already in melee on the outside of its hit box range. TOO CLOSE.

I'm a veng DH so it's the go-to general talent.

Quote Originally Posted by fent View Post
    FR and VR are not targeted abilities. Think of them like sprint or a defensive/offensive cooldown. You can activate such abilities as long as you have control of your character.
    True, but a spell with the word "RUSH" in it I feel like I should have to move when I cast it...

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Felblade is more baseline for PvP... AoE dots break CC and Felblade is more initial burst + a movement ability.
    Area of effect damage and damage over time effects usually just break specific loss of control effects like Polymorph and Hex, not Root effects.

I prefer to be sticky on my target. Felblade helps with that. Bloodlet may out-dps it in raw numbers -- but keeping me on the person will out-dps the raw potential of bloodlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Varlak View Post
    Well it just weird that you can use fel rush while rooted IMO.

Bloodlet (cuz of 50% slow/bleeds/range) or 1st blood (biggest burst) are best pvp option, felblade is the worst option for PvP from that row

I don't have issues sticking to a target with FR/VR/2x jump Glide/ Meta leap. But being able to kite a melee or having 50% slow on ur KT, to me is way way more important and higher st/aoe dmg + bleeds is just an icing on top of the cake
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-09-15 at 04:59 AM.

Are you kidding me? 15 yards charge over dot any time. Annnnyyyyyy tiiiiiime. Not to mention bloodlet does jack shit against priests and warlock.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Are you kidding me? 15 yards charge over dot any time. Annnnyyyyyy tiiiiiime. Not to mention bloodlet does jack shit against priests and warlock.
    I take first blood over either. Burst is much more valuable in a PvP setting when you have short windows of stun/silence to kill someone. Extra mobility is not necessary, the only class that makes you think about taking felblade is Frost Mage and even still it's not necessary a majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    I prefer to be sticky on my target. Felblade helps with that. Bloodlet may out-dps it in raw numbers -- but keeping me on the person will out-dps the raw potential of bloodlet.
    Two charges of Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat is not enough to stick to your target?

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    IfYouSaySo.cliche

Two charges of Fel Rush and Vengeful Retreat is not enough to stick to your target?
    There's just one target in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    There's just one target in the game?
    You must be one of the many players that have the incredible power to take plain words in English and replace them with completely different words in English and say it is the exact same thing. [SARCASM] What an honor to meet you! [/SARCASM]

Honestly I find two charges of Throw Glaive (which Slows enemies hit), two charges of Fel Rush, and Vengeful Retreat WAY more than enough mobility to stick to multiple targets. Perhaps "git gud?"

Honestly I find two charges of Throw Glaive (which Slows enemies hit), two charges of Fel Rush, and Vengeful Retreat WAY more than enough mobility to stick to multiple targets. Perhaps "git gud?"
    Could not agree more, even if u are fighting mage or huner, 50% slow is better than 15 yard charge which can not be used while u are rooted/novad (while you still can pump out dmg with 2x Glaive).
    Also if u are going after feral, with his slows on you, u have higher chances to catch that pussy cat that runs around pillar if you have 50% slow on it, rather than a 15 yard range which you can not use if KT is LOSing you behind pillar while you are slowed.

You must be one of the many players that have the incredible power to take plain words in English and replace them with completely different words in English and say it is the exact same thing. [SARCASM] What an honor to meet you! [/SARCASM]

I assume you haven't played ranked in any aspect so I'm just going go dismiss the rest of your responses.

If 2x FR and 1x VR is enough to handle 3v3 or even a BG, then I'm going to say you probably aren't as good as you think you are but hey... to each their own.