Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    RIP Monks, it was a fun run I enjoyed it a lot.
    Im glad WW could feel superior in one aspect for at least half a month in WoW, Thanks Blizzard
    Not sure what class to reroll now... any ideas?
    seeing how there will be tuning after the first week of Emerald Nightmare, rerolling now likely to be a waste depending on what you reroll to.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably still switching from Outlaw to WW even after gearing my Outlaw to 848, WW is more fun imo

(mainly Strike of the Windlord’s area component) at least they pointed out the area component so maybe they will only reduce the damage on secondary targets.

It is pretty silly that SotW is like our second damage source despite it being a 40sec CD ability, but I hope they don't overdo this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    source needed.

find me logs of a outlaw rogue who is keeping up with a WW/DH in overall damage in a mythic dungeon. both must have 3rd relic and roughly the same item level.

the only way an outlaw rogue will out damage a DH/WW in overall is if he gets a blessing from RNG gods on 6buff in the whole dungeon
    Someone's never ran a sim. That or plays with some really bad rogues

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    lol 600k every boss. that implies he got 6buff on every boss. either you're full of shit or the guy got SUPER SUPER SUPER lucky. either way, provide logs please.
    Jesus this guy.... Go home.

While you do that I'll go thru my "mythic dungeon pug logs". /rolls eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    But... isn't the point to lower the DPS?
    It would. The only reason the dps is high is because it's high damage, high cool down, and the mobs die in 10 seconds.

What amazes me is blizzard revenue can't afford a balancing team with high school math credentials considering that was obvious to me since day 1. Yet nobody there saw a problem thru 9 months of beta...

Come see me on trash mobs in another 40 seconds - I'll do huge deeps. / S M H

It's a fun niche every 3/4 of a minute.. I thought they wanted to do away with homogenization and play up unique strengths? One shotting a murloc every few pulls, game shattering!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightmann View Post
    Every boss fight was under a minute save one, and in the only boss fight that lasted over a minute his dps was half of what it was in the minute fights. For a guy obsessed with worthless logs that tell us nothing, you sure don't look through them. No one cares about dps in encounters that are 1-2 minutes long. Using logs in mythic dungeons is not only besides the point, it's a waste of breath.
    Have mah babes!

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    Someone's never ran a sim. That or plays with some really bad rogues

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus this guy.... Go home.

While you do that I'll go thru my "mythic dungeon pug logs". /rolls eyes

- - - Updated - - -

It would. The only reason the dps is high is because it's high damage, high cool down, and the mobs die in 10 seconds.

What amazes me is blizzard revenue can't afford a balancing team with high school math credentials considering that was obvious to me since day 1. Yet nobody there saw a problem thru 9 months of beta...

Come see me on trash mobs in another 40 seconds - I'll do huge deeps. / S M H

It's a fun niche every 3/4 of a minute.. I thought they wanted to do away with homogenization and play up unique strengths? One shotting a murloc every few pulls, game shattering!

- - - Updated - - -

Have mah babes!
    lol @ bold
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

So no one seemed to notice it was specified the AREA Component?

It'll probably get the "Primary target gets the full force hit and secondary targets get hit little less harder" treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    So no one seemed to notice it was specified the AREA Component?

It'll probably get the "Primary target gets the full force hit and secondary targets get hit little less harder" treatment
    I mean, at this point, who knows, blizz could do anything. Also they specified that the fix would be "mainly sotw", so for all we know fof is getting a nerf too.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmann View Post
    I mean, at this point, who knows, blizz could do anything. Also they specified that the fix would be "mainly sotw", so for all we know fof is getting a nerf too.
    God I hope not. What is the point of nerfing burst AoE and then not giving any compensation for the dead times between AoE? Doesn't really make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    God I hope not. What is the point of nerfing burst AoE and then not giving any compensation for the dead times between AoE? Doesn't really make any sense.
    Why would they give ww compensation when it's overpowered?

WW is overtuned atm, and needs to be brought down.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post

Or better idea, buff a lot of other classes to be more in line without having shitty throughput. I understand they are over tuned, but this is Blizzard were talking about. The one, you know, who already is lacking in the balance sense department. I don't expect SotW to be completely gutted, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did more than just that. Blizzard is pretty terrible at balance, yet they tried to boast otherwise for Legion's launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Thus if they nerf the abilities that do the Cleave damage they would need to buff our Single target abilities since those Cleave abilities are also our top ST damage abilities and we would suffer.

Also this. A big chunk of the WW rotation is cleave.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2016-09-16 at 03:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

WW really isn't overtuned, you take away pointless things like Cleave damage on Trash and look at things that matter like Sustained ST and we are at best slightly above average.

Thus if they nerf the abilities that do the Cleave damage they would need to buff our Single target abilities since those Cleave abilities are also our top ST damage abilities and we would suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW really isn't overtuned, you take away pointless things like Cleave damage on Trash and look at things that matter like Sustained ST and we are at best slightly above average.

How is being high on cleave damage a pointless thing, when m+ is such a large part of the game? Why did bm hunters get beast cleave nerfs then when MM was clearly superior in raids xD.

Regardless I really hope you aren't using sims which aren't even playing properly to justify your point about average ST. I've played with other op ST classes, and never felt that my dps was lacking, and this is the same with the windwalkers in my guild.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How is being high on cleave damage a pointless thing, when m+ is such a large part of the game? Why did bm hunters get beast cleave nerfs then when MM was clearly superior in raids xD.

Regardless I really hope you aren't using sims which aren't even playing properly to justify your point about average ST. I've played with other op ST classes, and never felt that my dps was lacking, and this is the same with the windwalkers in my guild.
    I didn't say our ST was lacking, I said it was above average. but should they nerf our abilities that cleave i.e. SotW and FoF which is what also contributes one of our main sources of ST then our DPS on ST will then start to lack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say our ST was lacking, I said it was above average. but should they nerf our abilities that cleave i.e. SotW and FoF which is what also contributes one of our main sources of ST then our DPS on ST will then start to lack.
    I've spoken to windwalkers who actually do work for the sim (at least I think he does), and he told me the sims are easily missing 20k dps. That would mean WW is very close to the top of ST dps, so saying above average probably isn't the best word for it.

Anyway, they could just make strike of the windlord split like old FoF did.

I've spoken to windwalkers who actually do work for the sim (at least I think he does), and he told me the sims are easily missing 20k dps. That would mean WW is very close to the top of ST dps, so saying above average probably isn't the best word for it.

Anyway, they could just make strike of the windlord split like old FoF did.
    20k? What? We're talking about 300-400k dps ST by nighthold, who cares about 20k? How can you sit here and talk to me about tuning when trash dies in under 20 seconds and boss fights last a minute. Obviously when a fight lasts 60 seconds whomever has the best burst (ww) or best buff cd (dh) is going to top the meter. DH are in meta for half the entire boss fight. It's pointless to even judge dps now. I 100% guarantee WW burst isn't going to mean anything on 8-10 min raid bosses in EN. This entire convo is pointless.

and so it begins. WoD all over again.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

They are "LOOKING FOR" some kind of fixes for the big WW burst IF the current status quo will be confirmed with higher level of M+;which means there's a tiny chance nothing gets really changed after the first week of M+ dungs and raids.

Personally, i think it's crystal clear they won't blind nerf WW considering that the damage is not anywhere as retarded as wars or rogues or, hell, even ferals on ST/2 targets cleave in the long run.

So they either diluite the SoTW damage thru a long lasting dot or simply compensate by buffing TP and BOK.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    RIP Monks, it was a fun run I enjoyed it a lot.
    Im glad WW could feel superior in one aspect for at least half a month in WoW, Thanks Blizzard
    Not sure what class to reroll now... any ideas?
    How about you quit the game? I hear that's the most mindless OP thing there is.

WW was/is out of control, people thinking it'd continue are stupid as fuck.

/Monk main

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    How about you quit the game? I hear that's the most mindless OP thing there is.

WW was/is out of control, people thinking it'd continue are stupid as fuck.

/Monk main
    They better give me a full Artifact Power reset then because I picked WW as main because it was a strong 5man spec.

If they take that away there is very little reason to be WW.