Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    treasures have been giving XP since they came out in WoD.

Wrong. Treasures from MOP and WOD gave xp, but never in LEG.

15+ Year Old Account
    The first week of the expansion, I got experience picking up treasures in the first zone I leveled thru, Val'sharah, I just assumed they were only supposed to give xp till a certain level.

They do not give any XP at level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You've been proven wrong in other threads and by Blizzard. Stop passing on misinformation. It's more efficient to grab the treasures when you see them then run around the world later when you could be doing world quests, dungeons, etc which net even more AP.
    Sorry to break it to you... but you are going to be running all over the world for WQ's. Andstill yet, it's better to get an addon adn collect them all at once than go back and find the ones you missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    Not all Legion treasures give XP, there's no pattern to it. If I'm in the mood, I'll do a submit bug when I don't get XP.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm jumping on the train ... would you rather RIDE around the WHOLE world doing a treasure run that will take you several hours OR do ONE factions worth (4 quests) to net a guaranteed 4 much higher earning AP items than all the treasures combined?

Once flying is in play, it still would NOT be near as efficient as doing 4 AP WQs in a zone and getting that shot at a 5th AP item.
    By all means use them when you see them... I will save them for later.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auress View Post
    treasures have been giving XP since they came out in WoD.
    Well, nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Despite what Blizzard says... ignore the treasures until you have significant Artifact Knowledge then go get them all at once.

You can pick up pennies now... or hundred dollar bills later.
    Lol this guy. Build AK for 10 AP item. Lol this guy.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Despite what Blizzard says... ignore the treasures until you have significant Artifact Knowledge then go get them all at once.

You can pick up pennies now... or hundred dollar bills later.
    Pick up pennies, when your next meal costs a buck. Pick up 100 dollar bills when your next meal costs 100k. In the end, you are still picking up the same fraction of the tab.

Non-repeatable. As I said do whatever you want. (It's too late for your main now anyway)

But they are one time loots... I can either get 10-20AP now... or get 5,000AP each when I am near the end of the grind and at 25,000%.

I played beta and picked them up...on live, I skipped them. I noticed no difference in leveling speed.

If there are a couple hundred treasures at 20ap average... that's 1 million AP... or I can pick them right away and get 4000 yeah, no... I'll wait thank you.

Doesn't that 25000% affect everything anyway? So the amount you get doing the base suramar quests will make treasures irrelevant whether you pick them up or wait in both cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Non-repeatable. As I said do whatever you want. (It's too late for your main now anyway)

But they are one time loots... I can either get 10-20AP now... or get 5,000AP each when I am near the end of the grind and at 25,000%.

I played beta and picked them up...on live, I skipped them. I noticed no difference in leveling speed.

If there are a couple hundred treasures at 20ap average... that's 1 million AP... or I can pick them right away and get 4000 yeah, no... I'll wait thank you.
    Except that the math has already been done, and it doesn't work out in your favor.

If you wait that long to grab the treasures, you are stunting your artifact growth moderately in the early run, for an almost completely insignificant potential gain in the very very long haul (going to me MONTHS before you hit max AK research). By time you do, your artifact traits will cost millions of AP per trait, and in the time it would take you to run around collecting chests at 10 to 20 pts x AK multiplier, you could be farming mythic dungeons much more efficeiently at 600 or more AP per dungeon run x AK multiplier.

You are FAR better off just grabbing the chests as you find them, because unless you have flying by time you hit max AK (which is highly doubtful), scurrying around hunting for chests will NEVER be as efficient as other methods of collecting AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    By time you do, your artifact traits will cost millions of AP per trait, and in the time it would take you to run around collecting chests at 10 to 20 pts x AK multiplier, you could be farming mythic dungeons much more efficeiently at 600 or more AP per dungeon run x AK multiplier.
    When the time comes I am running all over collecting treasures... it'll be because if I do one more fucking WQ I'll vomit out all my orifices. It will be a nice break.

Again.. pick 'em.. go for it. It is a ONE TIME loot... and I would MUCH rather them be 10% of a point way down the line.. than 10% of the first few points... yuck.

When the time comes I am running all over collecting treasures... it'll be because if I do one more fucking WQ I'll vomit out all my orifices. It will be a nice break.

Again.. pick 'em.. go for it. It is a ONE TIME loot... and I would MUCH rather them be 10% of a point way down the line.. than 10% of the first few points... yuck.
    So going around the world for world quests makes you vomit but going around the world for treasures is a nice break ? They seem pretty similar activities.

well, if you want to be 10% behind everybody else on your artifact progression for months, more power to you I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    This is a simple economics problem and unfortunately you're completely ignoring Opportunity Cost. Since the treasures are increasing in value as every other source of AP in the game you need to look at the AP/hour of all of the available sources of AP. Since it will always be far more efficient to run random heroics than go out into the world with the sole objective of earning treasures, you can easily see that regardless of your AK level that it's always more beneficial to grab the treasures sooner rather than later because you'll already be in the general vicinity of them while leveling and the AP/hour may be faster for those than queueing for dungeons and so forth.
    so what you're saying, is grab them as you quest through the zone,
    versus spending 30+ minutes after the AP gains, running through the zone getting them, when you can do 1-2 heroics and get the same amount, if not more?

that the time saved by not having to go over the same territory, makes up for the extra time spent, getting a gain on those resources, when ALL sources are boosted?

makes complete sense.

also, you will be stronger for X amount of time, having already unlocked extra traits when heading into suramar, making initial quests etc easier, to time and stres ssaved, getting them initially, also works out in your favor.

i could go on...but it's more than just opportunity cost, of saving vs getting them as you pass through questing.
    maybe when/if flying comes out, cutting time to get all int he zone to under 30m? but by then heroics will have healers dpsing constantly, since we'd all outgear em, so maybe not even then, but who knows.

wait wait...i see where the confusion is coming from.
    way down the line, they will be .001% of a point, even with an absurd 1000% bonus, unless you literally don't play at all, only log in once every 10 days for research, for a few months, then it'll give you 10%
    but you'd be so far behind from the missed repeatables, and in gear, it'd be laughable.

whereas the daily rewards that give 600+?
    Last edited by Christan; 2016-09-16 at 12:52 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Wow, can all you people stfu and can we get back on topic here? If you want to discuss the benefits of looting chests vs waiting until you have enough knowledge. Find another thread.

I leveled my Monk to 110 and I don't recall a single treasure ever awarding me XP. i actually was bothered by my buddy who I was leveling with who was insistent on grabbing every rare and every chest he could find because I just wanted to get to 110.

When I leveled my DH to 110, I skipped the chests completely.

I was leveling a Warrior last night who is now 104 and throughout all of Stormheim, I've gotten xp from maybe 15/20 chests I've looted.

I can't figure out what makes a chest give XP and what makes it not give XP.

- - - Updated - - -

It also seems that it's different for some characters:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748926151

Maybe there is a bug with if someone loots a chest recently, it doesn't award XP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to break it to you... but you are going to be running all over the world for WQ's. Andstill yet, it's better to get an addon adn collect them all at once than go back and find the ones you missed.

- - - Updated - - -

By all means use them when you see them... I will save them for later.
    Except the ones I missed when I turned off my treasures addon are awarding 15, 25, 35 AP and I'm at AK 3. So you are definitely wrong. Btw I'm at level 20 already. Are you still waiting to open Suramar? LOL.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

They are not giving me any xp.

Deleted
    I thought you got AP or XP but not both.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Except the ones I missed when I turned off my treasures addon are awarding 15, 25, 35 AP and I'm at AK 3. So you are definitely wrong. Btw I'm at level 20 already. Are you still waiting to open Suramar? LOL.
    lol... AK3 is like 50% more.... lol. I have 18 points in mine.. but I haven't done more than 4-5 WQ's in the past 10 days... a funeral and quite honestly haven't cared. I know I am leaving game til flight is added back in.

My AK level 4 is awaiting me to pick it up.

I've definitely gotten XP from Legion treasures before. 1300-1500 xp if I remember correctly.

Edit: That was during first week of Legion, haven't tried recently.