Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    They could change these traits to buff unending breath instead (also pvp talent 50%+ swimmspeed) Then they can change burning rush to affect swimming too and make water mobility our niche.

(to tired to make a serious post)
    Warlocks dive so deep into the darkness that they eventually become the best swimmers of all? Makes sense!

Looks like they are really bent on annihilating the class altogether. Maybe Ion got owned by a lock in his guild and now keen on taking revenge

Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    Not to mention Soul flame and Wrath of consumption on affliction staff are just laughable. Seriously how often does an affliction lock actually <kill> anything during a raid encounter.
    That "kill" part actually works on "assist" where you don't have to deal killing blow, just to have, let's say, corruption on it when it dies, it's all good, you get the proc from those 2 traits.

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    That "kill" part actually works on "assist" where you don't have to deal killing blow, just to have, let's say, corruption on it when it dies, it's all good, you get the proc from those 2 traits.
    Still no good in any ST boss and of little use if it's one big add rarely. Not bad for spine of deathwing style encounters I guess.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Looks like they are really bent on annihilating the class altogether. Maybe Ion got owned by a lock in his guild and now keen on taking revenge
    Lol, is his guild running any locks in Emerald Nightmare?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Lol, is his guild running any locks in Emerald Nightmare?
    Not anymore i bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Olloth View Post
    Math is hard. That is a net buff to Thal'Kiel's Consumption.

150 * .06 = 9
    120 * .08 = 9.6

It's a 6.66~% buff.
    Don't educate the stupid, it interferes with Darwinism:/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    It is "off" in the sense that the logical comparison would be:

Affliction drains life, deals filler damage + dot damage and gains drain life survivability, continues to gain shards via Agony.

Demonology drains life, deals demon damage + drain life damage and gains drain life survivability, does not generate shards, drain life hits like a wet noodle.

Destruction drains life, deals drain life damage and gains drain life survivability, does not generate shards, drain life hits like a wet noodle.

As affliction you didn't really lose out on anything, demo and destro both did. From a design perspective, it was very much "off". I'm not saying it was completely useless as the other specs, I'm pointing out there was a big discrepancy between using drain life as affliction and using drain life as the other 2 specs. This is what they want to fix, I hope.

Of course, if we don't get it back or get something to replace it, then I'll be extremely disappointed and confused. I very much doubt that is going to be the case though.
    Drain life was allways a survivability tool. When you casted it u did lose damage and gained survivability, its a tradeoff and makes total sence from a designer point of view. In legion they just decided to put a passive for affl to make it a filler spell instead.

And you cant "logicaly" , as you say, compare the shard regeneration of the differend specs. Affl is allmost total random, Demo is absolutely predictable, and destruction is inbetween. With demonology when you want shard you can cast certain spells and there you have them, your shard generators are allmost nonexistant part of your damage. In affliction your shard generator is random but its also your highest dmg dealer, so you ll cast it anyway. Apples and oranges and nothing to do with drain life

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    All kidding aside if they remove drain life from destro that would be about the end of it for me.
    Why?

Really curious, its a spell that optimally would never be cast ever. Its got its use in pvp, but really if you're trying to drain tank in pvp as destro I don't really see why you wouldn't just play aff. Would be so much better suited if they just gave destro some kind of proper passive regen like the other specs have instead of a spell we never want to cast.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackharvest View Post
    Drain life was allways a survivability tool. When you casted it u did lose damage and gained survivability, its a tradeoff and makes total sence from a designer point of view. In legion they just decided to put a passive for affl to make it a filler spell instead.

And you cant "logicaly" , as you say, compare the shard regeneration of the differend specs. Affl is allmost total random, Demo is absolutely predictable, and destruction is inbetween. With demonology when you want shard you can cast certain spells and there you have them, your shard generators are allmost nonexistant part of your damage. In affliction your shard generator is random but its also your highest dmg dealer, so you ll cast it anyway. Apples and oranges and nothing to do with drain life
    Doesn't matter that drain life "was always a survivability tool". Right now it is the affliction filler, and affliction gained a ton of passive survivability from it without losing out on anything. Destro and Demo specifically loses DPS from ever doing it, and that is why it is (very likely) getting changed. How is this hard to understand?

It is not at all apples and oranges. Affliction loses 0 DPS (Unless you don't refresh dots or overcap charges, in which case you are doing it wrong), destruction and demonology both lose a ton of DPS. Discrepancy, poor design, getting fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Why?

Really curious, its a spell that optimally would never be cast ever. Its got its use in pvp, but really if you're trying to drain tank in pvp as destro I don't really see why you wouldn't just play aff. Would be so much better suited if they just gave destro some kind of proper passive regen like the other specs have instead of a spell we never want to cast.
    Because it restores health quickly as Destruction and Demonology? Not everything revolves around max sustained DPS in a group / raid environment. It has allowed me to solo pretty much all world quests at this point, and without it I would have to spec affliction to do so. I agree entirely that it should be replaced with something else for Demo and Destro, but if it just gets removed and nothing replaces it, then I will be pretty much done with warlock. Not for that alone, but because the development team would be showing a disturbing amount of incompetence with regards to warlocks if that (Drain Life removed, no replacement) was the case.

It has allowed me to solo pretty much all world quests at this point, and without it I would have to spec affliction to do so.
    Tbh more looking for that persons opinion, not someone else speaking for them.

And you can basically solo everything that is soloable without drain life. Generally things that hit hard enough for you to need to drain life hit too hard for you to be able to survive by spamming drain life.

Deleted
    Tbh more looking for that persons opinion, not someone else speaking for them.

And you can basically solo everything that is soloable without drain life. Generally things that hit hard enough for you to need to drain life hit too hard for you to be able to survive by spamming drain life.
    Health funnel puts quite a strain on my health pool as destruction, not sure how you keep that going when fighting tougher enemies without using drain life. Your infernal / vw can take the hits while you switch between damage and drain life to keep it going.

Health funnel puts quite a strain on my health pool as destruction, not sure how you keep that going when fighting tougher enemies without using drain life. Your infernal / vw can take the hits while you switch between damage and drain life to keep it going.
    Healthstone and dealing enough damage to kill things and generate soul leech / making proper use of the rest of the tools in our kit. If you're health is being chunked by health funnel you'd be better off just summoning a fresh voidwalker vs continuing to kill yourself.

Deleted
    Healthstone and dealing enough damage to kill things and generate soul leech / making proper use of the rest of the tools in our kit. If you're health is being chunked by health funnel you'd be better off just summoning a fresh voidwalker vs continuing to kill yourself.
    Well, I guess resummoning is probably a better course of action. Either way, I'm hoping for something better / more fitting for demonology and destruction than drain life. In my opinion drain life for affliction would be the equivalent of destruction restoring health from incinerate or demonology restoring health from shadow bolt (More than just soul leech).

It is "off" in the sense that the logical comparison would be:

Affliction drains life, deals filler damage + dot damage and gains drain life survivability, continues to gain shards via Agony.

Demonology drains life, deals demon damage + drain life damage and gains drain life survivability, does not generate shards, drain life hits like a wet noodle.

Destruction drains life, deals drain life damage and gains drain life survivability, does not generate shards, drain life hits like a wet noodle.

As affliction you didn't really lose out on anything, demo and destro both did. From a design perspective, it was very much "off". I'm not saying it was completely useless as the other specs, I'm pointing out there was a big discrepancy between using drain life as affliction and using drain life as the other 2 specs. This is what they want to fix, I hope.

Of course, if we don't get it back or get something to replace it, then I'll be extremely disappointed and confused. I very much doubt that is going to be the case though.
    Demonology and Destruction, Drains life, stays alive gets to generate shards cause dead warlocks don't.

I truly suspect that there is no plan other than "Hey these fucking warlocks are still refusing to just roll over and die and can still solo stuff my precious precious mage can't, take their heals away... again" because this is not the first time this exact thing has been done it is the first time they did it to Demo you know the pet spec that is meant to use their pet as a meat shield and keep it happy n' healthy.

Funnel\Drain is and always has been "part of our kit", and I'd say that given the severe pounding our "kit" has taken, what else have we got?

While gear levels are low you aint gunna deal enough damage to keep your leech shield up on your pet, you have a healthstone (which heals less than a cheap alch pot), you have Mortal Coil(if talented) and that is pretty much it. Warlocks are not designed to kite, warlocks are immobile tanky casters... but apparently they aren't allowed to have the tools to do that, you know the self healing that tanks without high mitigation get cause that is apparently what locks are meant to be? CLASS FANTASY
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-09-16 at 07:46 PM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Keep emotions/etc in check in here.

As already pointed out there really hasn't been any nerf or anything. Even these are just datamined pieces of info about 7.1 PTR, means nothing and Blizz themselves has even said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Keep emotions/etc in check in here.

As already pointed out there really hasn't been any nerf or anything. Even these are just datamined pieces of info about 7.1 PTR, means nothing and Blizz themselves has even said so.
    The removal of Drain Life from both Demo and Dest is not datamined I've been on the PTR and seen it for myself, whether it's a bug or intentional still remains to be seen but even if it's a bug how long have crippling bugs remained live in the past?

Also why wouldn't emotions run fairly high?

A lot of people have an investment of over a decade into their character, I know people who put less effort into their relationships than that.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-09-16 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Funnel\Drain is and always has been "part of our kit", and I'd say that given the severe pounding our "kit" has taken, what else have we got?
    Drain life wasn't on my destro / demo bars for the last 2 xpacs.

It's in no way a core part of those specs kit or fantasy, I'd much rather have some form of ember tap back for destro and demo already has soul link.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    The removal of Drain Life from both Demo and Dest is not datamined I've been on the PTR and seen it for myself, whether it's a bug or intentional still remains to be seen but even if it's a bug how long have crippling bugs remained live in the past?

Also why wouldn't emotions run fairly high?

A lot of people have an investment of over a decade into their character, I know people who put less effort into their relationships than that.
    Emotions can run high sure, but flaming/etc is not needed - just giving everyone a warning.

I also don't remember the last time I casted Drain Life as either spec also.

Well I used Health Funnel and Drain Life constantly throughout WoD because I was doing the elite puppies in Nagrand to feed my Barn as Demo spec in the gear I finished leveling in, then I did Tanaan in that same gear and I constantly used Drain Life\health funnel to keep the blueberry alive. Didn't play Destro but Drain Life and Health Funnel were removed for Destro completely at the start of the expansion so no-one had it, so yeah whatever.

MoP yeah never used Drain Life as Demo because the other options we had a lot worked better options we don't have now such as Apotheosis or Health stones that actually heal for a good amount, Destro nope never used Drain Life but Ember Tap was frickin' awesome and the majority of the time you ran with a sac'd pet anyway and also had Soul Link.

None of that means shit in Legion we don't have Ember Tap and Soul Link is very weak and only Demo, we only have gimped Healthstones and Mortal Coil once that Soul Leech barrier is popped and it will be at low gear levels, we also never had to life tap so that is slightly different as well.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2016-09-16 at 08:56 PM.