Here's the 3.4 patch trailer:

15+ Year Old Account
    A bit of a minor thing but it is really nice that ffxiv adds new hairstyles almost every patch. I saw someone comment on the wow subreddit how it would be nice if blizz would add 1 or 2 hairstyles each expac. Granted we don't have as many races in FFXIV as Wow but still wow hasn't given new hairstyles for like 4 years or something.

Man that trailer has me excited, way more than the last one. Revisiting the old primals while adding two new primals including the core Alexander has me ready to dust off my nothung and get tanking again.

Also new palace of the dead weapons? but i've only got 3 of the base ones!

It's all pretty exciting. They've done Sophia justice, I think! If I'm not mistaken in a couple of weeks after 3.4 launches we should get some 3.5 and 4.0 information from the Fan Fest stuff.

and theres still stuff not even in the 8 minute trailer, a new triple triad area for pvp games, the new journal system you work on with the Miqo'te girl and so on. Thats not even taking into account the upcoming seasonal events like Halloween -and i love Halloween events in mmos- so it looks like its gonna be a great autumn period to enjoy FFXIV, though i wonder what the raid situation is. I'm not really a raider for the most part but finishing Alex now means a Void Ark finale in 3.5 and then what? finishing the raiding with a raid finder dungeon? that seems a little off. I really wonder if there isn't a one boss Raid Trail to finish the expansion.

Maybe that hooded guy at the sunken temple is an Ascian trying to get human refugees to summon a primal for the finale? maybe another one of the elder ones like Bahamut, perhaps Eden? or the Omega weapon wakes up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if this hairstyle will be unisex or not, others looked a bit meh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wonder if this hairstyle will be unisex or not, others looked a bit meh to me.
    I can honestly see a lot of remroes wanting Glaidolos' haircut for the amazon warrior woman look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've kept my Miqo'te girl template saved for last 9 months, waiting for right hairstyle to be available. I'm interested in trying to fit that hairstyle, which is why I'm hoping that it'd be unisex, currently available hairstyles hasn't clicked into her yet.. which is quite large reason why I keep returning to Au Ra, right hairstyle is quite big matter. Been bombarding them through suggestions about hairstyles since patch 3.0, but sadly it hasn't given any results yet.

Well, I'll be glad that I'm finally getting out of A6S.. hate that place sooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    and theres still stuff not even in the 8 minute trailer, a new triple triad area for pvp games, the new journal system you work on with the Miqo'te girl and so on. Thats not even taking into account the upcoming seasonal events like Halloween -and i love Halloween events in mmos- so it looks like its gonna be a great autumn period to enjoy FFXIV, though i wonder what the raid situation is. I'm not really a raider for the most part but finishing Alex now means a Void Ark finale in 3.5 and then what? finishing the raiding with a raid finder dungeon? that seems a little off. I really wonder if there isn't a one boss Raid Trail to finish the expansion.
    There's also going to be a crossover event for FFXV - I suspect that it'll become available sometime in November to coincide with the lead up to the game's release.

Deleted
    The creator fights look ABSOLUTELY DOPE

Maybe that hooded guy at the sunken temple is an Ascian trying to get human refugees to summon a primal for the finale? maybe another one of the elder ones like Bahamut, perhaps Eden? or the Omega weapon wakes up?
    Most likely Ilberd with his horrible new voice that makes him sound like an inbred redneck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I'm still supposed to survive another two evenings of attempting to clear A6S.. Hydaelyn give me strength.

And well, got my last job-crystal earlier; Warrior - all crystals sitting happily next to each other, just need to get them to max level now. Now that I'm looking at the Warrior, but I'm sure if I like it more than my Paladin.. oh well, I'll see once I've gotten both Warrior and Dark Knight up, Paladin is already waiting for them at 60.

Holy fucking shit that 3.4 trailer. And did my eyes deceive me or did I see Ark from FF9 in Alexander? :O. As for Sophia the music really fits. It feels sort of like you are struggling against the big bad and trying your hardest is the best way I can describe her music. Nice to see it's completely different from Sephirot as well music wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    There's also going to be a crossover event for FFXV - I suspect that it'll become available sometime in November to coincide with the lead up to the game's release.
    Eeh nice, some halloween and FFXV coming soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    As for Sophia the music really fits. It feels sort of like you are struggling against the big bad and trying your hardest is the best way I can describe her music. Nice to see it's completely different from Sephirot as well music wise.
    Had plenty of laugh during raid evening earlier when we talked about first raid-evening after patch, and how our leader is going to have bad time with Sophia's mechanics, hehe. She has somehow gotten plenty of disgust towards fights where you can get knocked down from arena.

Last I saw, Yoshida said he and XV's director had discussed it, but there won't be one at launch of XV. People need to experience XV, understand its world and the characters before there's a cross over so there's more meaning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Last I saw, Yoshida said he and XV's director had discussed it, but there won't be one at launch of XV. People need to experience XV, understand its world and the characters before there's a cross over so there's more meaning behind it.
    Ah, that makes sense. I don't really mind a delay so long as we get one. It'd at least feel more fitting than the Yo-Kai stuff. Even if I ended up slaving away at that to get all the mounts and minions.

Only seven days to go until 3.4!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only seven days to go until 3.4!
    Feels like eternity.

I'm currently hoarding stuff which I believe is going to be more expensive once patch 3.4 launches, hoping to get my hands on some riches. Any ideas about new crafting materials tho, are they going to drop from Aquapolis with Dragonskin maps?

First thing I'm doing on 3.4 is Containment Bay P1T6. Not gonna do EX since that content and savage really isn't my thing.

I've.....been, um, pulled back into WoW. I'm surprised at how much fun this expansion is. Granted, it's still the start of an expansion and I'll believe Blizz keeps a routine schedule akin to XIV when I see it, but right now... really more interested in seeing the other class hall and artifact quests than XIV.

But that patch trailer looks quite enticing. Come next week, it'll be full focus on MSQ and new dungeons, final Alexander, and P1T6. But once that first run is through and it's basically back to the tomestone gearing treadmill and Alexander lockouts, I'll probably get my one-a-day and hop back to WoW. Which is still mind boggling to me. Have to give my compliments to Blizzard in that regard.

What I'm going to do after Fan Fest with FFXIV, WoW: Legion, and Tomb Raider out right before Last Guardian is beyond me.... I guess I can question the "humans need sleep" myth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    What I'm going to do after Fan Fest with FFXIV, WoW: Legion, and Tomb Raider out right before Last Guardian is beyond me.... I guess I can question the "humans need sleep" myth.
    I stayed up all night earlier and felt like shit for few hours, but after that life went on as usual.

Trying to take advantage of this "free time" on last week of Patch 3.3, and my Warrior has already reached level 34. Once WAR reaches level 51, same as my DRK, I'll start pushing them both up at same time. Earlier thought was to play some WoW while waiting for patch to arrive, but for some reason friend already got enough of Legion, guess he burned himself out, and playing it alone isn't that fascinating.