Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hope everyone is aware that there's an extra action button that you toggle on and off for withered to either follow you or do 75% more damage. Reading that people are losing 10+ withered on boss fights kinda makes me think you're not aware of this buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Dro seems to spawn 'correctly' now. But he spawns in an even worse place than before. Lost all 17 withered to him.
    Wait what? You must've done something seriously wrong then, because it seems his health has been flat out reduced by 50%.

I went up against him today with 17 withered and the guy melted in about 15 seconds, he didn't even get a chance to do his "Charge between every withered" attack.

Deleted
    His health was reduced? Don't think so, but more gear and upgrades to withered damage have the same effect.

Remember to loot chests, guys. Actually finishing the scenario does absolutely nothing but give you a nice fuzzy feeling. Repeat: there's no reward.

When in doubt, grab chests and upgrade. Makes it so much easier.

I would like to know how the pro's manage to keep their withered from going berserk and attacking everything, killing them self.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I would like to know how the pro's manage to keep their withered from going berserk and attacking everything, killing them self.
    By not pushing the berserk button unless you need it and it's safe to do so?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    Am I actually forced to go tanky in order to actually have a decent chance? Any tips for a noob like me?
    Well, it's a casual stroll through the park as a tank. Mainly due to availability of interrupts and stun.
    As dps - your milage varies, but boomkins are sort of SOL due to 1 min CD on silence and inability to cast while moving (sans DoT's). But anyhow, your army does the DPS - so concentrating on stuns/interrupts is the key.

As healers - don't even try.

To answer your question.. yeah, kinda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    By not pushing the berserk button unless you need it and it's safe to do so?
    I guess tanks have an easier time with this scenario not only because they're tanky, but because they know how to pull stuff amidst a zerg of guys going berserk on everything that moves

First time I could have gotten some chests but I was recommended to skip them and come back later. Well of course Dro owned me and I got zero chests. Was so pissed!

Last time, I failed at dro, I mean, he was killing me, I go as WW and he hits like a truck and I think I tried to leg sweep him a split second too late and he was zoomed out of range. Well he comes back to pound on me, and I die, except I had some kind of buff I think from upstairs that "saves" me, and somehow, this also seemed to make dro die (like, he went to 1 health). I'm really not sure what happened, I was ready to be angry again and probably swear to never do this again, and he died. I had 1 withered left (I had grabbed a 10 chest earlier).

But, by taking it slow and picking up withered, I ended up getting a bunch more and getting another 5 and 10 chest that run. One tip I don't see (but it might be hiding in the thread, apologies if so), kill the webbed things. Some of them have withered you can add to your army.

Haven't had a chance to try again since then, and really not sure what to do about Dro next time, except yolo and hope I have enough withered to take him out. Maybe not stun thin air too would help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Wait what? You must've done something seriously wrong then, because it seems his health has been flat out reduced by 50%.

I went up against him today with 17 withered and the guy melted in about 15 seconds, he didn't even get a chance to do his "Charge between every withered" attack.
    He spawned inbetween two 9000k mana things. He had 20000k+ HP same as always. Did his withered bounce pretty much straight away too. Killed my manarager, berserker and all but 3 exiles. Got him to 25% before he did it again and killed the last 3.

I did nothing 'wrong'. I got very unlucky.

Before today he always spawned near Fal'dorei which I could aoe down without issue. But they seem to have changed him to spawn near the mana things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    This whole thing is simply way easier for tanks and considerably easier for melee in general too.

Doing it as affliction lock sucks, no stuns, virtually no interrupts
    Most of the mobs are susceptible to fear. I use it to interrupt a lot of the more dangerous mobs when my silences are down.
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    He can spawn pretty much everywhere between the first shaldorei and the door that requires his key. You get a warning from Thaly before he shows up, but it's often too late.

First time I ran into Dro he managed to annihilate all but one of my withered. Once I was down to that single one, he stopped attacking them and stayed on me only. Seemed rather odd, but after awhile of chipping away he died. I lost everything once I got into the room with the big etin dude that likes to pick up withered and has a huge aoe smash.

Haven't actually tried this properly yet,

First time I rushed in, got slaughtered

Second time waited until I managed to get 650 crystals, got on the loading screen, wow froze (nothing else and it wasn't a PC issue or connection) so rebooted wow, logged in at the Nearest gy, no attempt, no crystals refunded

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I don't know if my game is bugged or what, but I always just seem to randomly lose a lot of withered from nothing.

I just went into the first boss room... 25 withered, 98% health remaining. Literally just killed her normally... No abilities hit the withered (the crystal circle around me never hit a single withered, none of them came near me), all casts interrupted, etc... One withered got feared... I stopped him.

She died.

I now have 18 withered with 57% health remaining. This seems to happen all the time after bosses, I know for an absolute fact nothing hit them. I know none of them ran away.

What is happening to my guys?
    Your withered tooltip doesn't update until the corpses despawn.

Use your interupts and stuns. especially on the elementals.

On your first few runs. body pull and kite away all the mobs who stands near cocons and kill them a bit away (leystalker spawns when you attack the mobs that are trapped in the cocons).

IF your a caster. try spamm cc leystalker to interupt his killingspree and to make him autoattack less. save all your cds for him (buy drums if your not a mage/shammy) Once you get past him youve basicly won. Only the elfbreaker left that can be hard.

For the firest few runs. Clear up to elfbreaker, then go back and get chests. Dont engage elbreaker unless you have 25 or more withered with you. He needs to die somewhat fast else he will eat to many of ur troops. He can easily be dodged and you can still kill the final spider boss with him still up for the last 2 chests up the spidertunnel.

Just had Dro ambush me and pull two of the arcane mobs.

Went from 28 withered to 8.

GG blizz, so much fun having your entire run ruined by sheer RNG

seriously did they even playtest this shit before releasing it

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Just had Dro ambush me and pull two of the arcane mobs.

Went from 28 withered to 8.

GG blizz, so much fun having your entire run ruined by sheer RNG

seriously did they even playtest this shit before releasing it
    It's not RNG, use a stun or root and he will cancel his charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Dro seems to spawn 'correctly' now. But he spawns in an even worse place than before. Lost all 17 withered to him.
    He moves around, and will change where he spawns. He can spawn anywhere in the central room or the flooded looking hallway around it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Some classes have neither or have to rely on things such as capacitor totem. Also the problem here is him being so close to two of the arcane mobs and pulling both.
    @anon, you do realize that Dro follows you. Which means you can kite him away to somewhere safe to enrage your withered so they wont pull additional packs.
    @everyone, different experiences with the scenario come down to class and spec but more so to level of upgrades to the withered and sheer numbers. Starting with 20 withered is an entirely different experience than starting with 10 or even 15. The damage increase is pretty big. The upgrades make even more of a difference. I cleared the entire thing (every single last mob) the last two times with ease as enhancement shaman after getting all the upgrades. Stuff simply dies in a single stun, even the bosses.

So if you're struggling, grab chests to upgrade your withered and bring more of them. Your experience will tremendously improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    THe thing is, how do you get all the toys and if applicable, hidden artifact appearances? Is there a certain score past which it is pointless to keep trying?
    Blizzard seems to have decided that having the toys as random drops from the reward chest is the way to go. Cleared everything, absolutely everything and couldn't find anymore chests whatsoever. WoWHead also lists the end reward chest as source for them.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-17 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Please, explain how "stun or root" changes where he ambushes you

actually read my post before replying, thx

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    you do realize that Dro follows you. Which means you can kite him away to somewhere safe to enrage your withered so they wont pull additional packs.
    He ambushed me in that little hallway where one arcane mob patrols and the other stands in the doorway to the large circle area.

Literally just as I was about to pull one, he ambushed me. And the knockback of him running into my Withered knocked them towards the stationary arcane mobs.

No amount of "kiting" is going to make the arcane mobs reset.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-17 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Please, explain how "stun or root" changes where he ambushes you

actually read my post before replying, thx

He ambushed me in that little hallway where one arcane mob patrols and the other stands in the doorway to the large circle area.

Literally just as I was about to pull one, he ambushed me.

Like I said, RNG of spawn position.
    Dro only kills your army if you let him. It doesnt matter where he attacks you. He will only kill your withered if you dont control him.

Every class has a stun or root, use it.