Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Latest Hotfix - Potions?

Okay so what the hell are blizzard thinking, anyone else think they're just clueless right now?

"The damage output of Potion of Deadly Grace and Potion of the Old War has been increased by 100%"

Huh, Old war doesn't need a damage increase, it's needs a bloody fix, there's no point increasing the damage output of a pot that BUGS OUT.

Not to mention deadly grace, the pot is stupidly game changing, for some classes its just bad and for others it's godly, for example i tested it out as unholy dk and the potion did 700k damage (1.4m as blood dk) whereas the mage in my guild in the same fight had the potion doing 2.2m damage.
    That same mage was using them yesterday with more gear etc and the potion did 4 MILLION damage. Why on earth does this potion need a buff?

Deleted
    WoD potions were outperforming Legion potions in certain situations (AoE damage, mostly iirc) before this change. That's why they got buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Okay so what the hell are blizzard thinking, anyone else think they're just clueless right now?

"The damage output of Potion of Deadly Grace and Potion of the Old War has been increased by 100%"

Huh, Old war doesn't need a damage increase, it's needs a bloody fix, there's no point increasing the damage output of a pot that BUGS OUT.

Not to mention deadly grace, the pot is stupidly game changing, for some classes its just bad and for others it's godly, for example i tested it out as unholy dk and the potion did 700k damage (1.4m as blood dk) whereas the mage in my guild in the same fight had the potion doing 2.2m damage.
    That same mage was using them yesterday with more gear etc and the potion did 4 MILLION damage. Why on earth does this potion need a buff?
    How many itterations did you run to get this with Deadly Grace? A sample pool with anything less than 1000 is kinda useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    WoD potions were outperforming Legion potions in certain situations (AoE damage, mostly iirc) before this change. That's why they got buffed.
    They should've nerfed the WoD pots like they did with enchants. Buffing 2 pots, one which dosn't work because it's bugged, is dumb as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post

Isn't melee supposed to be using the old god potions? Pretty sure deadly grace is only supposed to proc on spells. I maybe wrong but the old god is specifically melee so seems dumb for melee to be able to use both and casters only one.

Melee would use old war if it wasn't for the fact that its bugged, hence the point about it not needing a buff but an actual fix.
    It;ll only do its effect for like 1 or 2 seconds of the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by uxzuigal View Post
    How many itterations did you run to get this with Deadly Grace? A sample pool with anything less than 1000 is kinda useless.
    It was already stupidly strong for mages. Burned through 600 potions on beta, now they buffed it by 100% as well, with moderate rng, the potion itself can do 7m during opener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something wrong with killing bosses faster? Or are you just complaining because you are losing on the meters? Don't be upset about anything that makes your raid team do more damage!
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Something wrong with killing bosses faster? Or are you just complaining because you are losing on the meters? Don't be upset about anything that makes your raid team do more damage!
    He's complaining because Old War doesn't work lol.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    yeah and then people get benched for classes that do more dmg
    do you honestly think class balance doesnt matter in pve?

+the melee pot has been bugged for like 9 months now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    He's complaining because Old War doesn't work lol.
    It's funny that people can't even be bothered to read that part.

Any sort of damage proc is going to be busted for mages, have you seen how hard the satyr neck enchant hits lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    They should've nerfed the WoD pots like they did with enchants. Buffing 2 pots, one which dosn't work because it's bugged, is dumb as shit.
    or maybe they realised most people dont use pots because of the cost atm and wanted to adress that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or maybe they realised most people dont use pots because of the cost atm and wanted to adress that.
    Most people don't use pots because there's no content that requires it.

Tested both pots earlier once to just see which would be better since Icyveins said unholy uses Deadly Grace not Old war.

My old war pot procced 4 times in the 25 sec duration and only did 850k dmg, the deadly grace did 2mil in 25 sec window.

Yep the old war has low procs because the `add` despawns shortly into the pots duration, as for deadly grace, 2m sounds good but yeah, its crap.

Deadly grace is obviously better for casters since it would scale off intellect just like mark of the satyr scales off intellect, also you could get 5 sec moreo n your deadly grace by being a ranged.

MMO champ really is full of...
    Obviously deadly grace is more suited for casters, but melee are FORCED to use deadly grace because old war potions are bugged, they buffed the potions when currently Old war is non existent and deadly grace is over the top for certain classes, before they even buff the pots they should really fix them.

It was a terrible idea to use these sort of proc effects for pots.

Should have nerfed the WoD potions and fixed the bugged Legion one but you know Blizzard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

...was getting around 2.75-3 million damage w/ them as a SPriest. A Fire Mage in my group was getting 4.5+M. #balanced