Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thinking about rerolling for the first time since 2010.

BM is boring as fuck, MM just doesnt feel like a hunter and SV is a fucking melee spec now.

Anyone else feel like this is the worst expansion ever for hunters ?

I haven't really played hunter since Wrath and they feel fine to me, I personally don't mind Survival spec -- it gives me a breath of fresh air when I want to get into the action. If you don't like it then go reroll then, you don't need anyone's assurance, across every class there are people who either hate or love their revamp specs lol

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nobody fucking cares dude damn. If you don't like the hunter class then fucking reroll. I'm sick and fucking tired of all the damn complaining. Don't bitch to us just fucking reroll.

Deleted
    sure i can understand that BM might be abit boring atm but MM doesnt feel like a hunter? what speccs have you been playing since 2010? or are u just spoiled after we got instant aimed shot? Sure SV is a melee specc but have u even tried it? or are you one of those people who cry because melee is boring/easy/hard. I know that the hellfire 4set gave us alot of freedom with movement and it was amazing but its back to actually pre-planning when to move to avoid downtime and if you cant handle it. go reroll. I love this expansion for hunters, finally we can play all 3 speccs depending on what we wanna do. BM is really good for dungeons/mythic+, MM and SV is good for raiding and we have the option to actually reroll into melee.

/Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by Sunstreaker View Post
    sure i can understand that BM might be abit boring atm but MM doesnt feel like a hunter? what speccs have you been playing since 2010? or are u just spoiled after we got instant aimed shot? Sure SV is a melee specc but have u even tried it? or are you one of those people who cry because melee is boring/easy/hard. I know that the hellfire 4set gave us alot of freedom with movement and it was amazing but its back to actually pre-planning when to move to avoid downtime and if you cant handle it. go reroll. I love this expansion for hunters, finally we can play all 3 speccs depending on what we wanna do. BM is really good for dungeons/mythic+, MM and SV is good for raiding and we have the option to actually reroll into melee.

/Lynch
    i can play BM in dungeons with a macro using multi shot every 4 sec and do more damage than 90% of the other players, that's good, but it sure as hell isn't enjoyable.

i'm hoping it gets better with more gear, because of the whole haste-cooldown reduction thing.

/Lynch
    Except the people who just want to play hunter, and doesn't want any of these gimmicks. Some of us don't want a huge amount of bets at all times, and the very boring playstyle of current BM. Some of us DO want to use pets, but not taking LW is a huge DPS loss most of the time, and taking the optimal sidewinders is completely contrary to the fantasy of MM hunter, as well as feeling awful to use and looking awful to boot. SV isn't even ranged, and plays like a warrior spec but not hunter spec, and its sheer existence now mandates that the other two specs aren't allowed to have traps.

What spec do I play to go back to when hunter was fun to play? Which spec do I play if I fell in love with old hunter and not all this new awful class design that threw out half of the entire class and either replaced it with nothing, with something nobody asked for or with something maybe 2% of the hunter playerbase asked for?

MOST hunters want pets, but now MM has to get rid of the pet or lose a ton of DPS. MOST hunters want to be ranged, but now SV is forced into melee. MOST hunters want an active and engaging playstyle, but now BM is the polar opposite of that where you just hit everything on cooldown and spam cobra shot to avoid focusing capping and that's it. MOST hunters want traps, and they don't care about class fantasy if it is going to cost us traps and you are FORCED to go melee if you even want to use traps to begin with. What about the 90% of the hunter community that actually liked the class fantasy as it was before blizzard radically changed the class fantasy and playstyle of all three specs?

I've played hunter since wrath, and you are just being pretentious. The aimed shot bit is just pathetic. Having casted immobile shots is one thing, but aimed shot isn't the problem with MM currently. The problem is that the entire spec is either wholly reliant on RNG that you cannot affect in any way, or you have to take the horrible widewinders talent that has nothing to do with being a MM hunter. SV plays well enough, but it is melee and hunter isn't a melee class. I don't care for all the whiners that wanted melee, there was ALREADY A SURPLUS OF MELEE CLASSES TO PLAY. Why do we have to further REDUCE the number of specs that actually use a RANGED WEAPON just to give us yet another spec that uses a MELEE WEAPON, and for it to just turn out to be a mediocre warrior spec that deprives us of the old SV spec as well as the rest of the hunter class of traps is even worse.

The changes are awful and anyone who likes them simply shouldn't have been playing a hunter to begin with. You want melee? Reroll a melee. You want lots of pets? Reroll warlock. You want a purely spammy rotation that just sits there with its thumbs up its rear end waiting for procs? Reroll arcane. But some of us just want to play hunter, without the gimmicks and awful uncontrollable RNG. The hunter class needed to be worked on, but it didn't need to just be gutted of a ton of abilities and have all of these awful changes forced on because maybe 2% of the hunter wanted asked it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Nobody fucking cares dude damn. If you don't like the hunter class then fucking reroll. I'm sick and fucking tired of all the damn complaining. Don't bitch to us just fucking reroll.
    People don't want to reroll from their mains just because blizzard colossally messes up. They need to FIX the class. Rerolling is a worst case scenario, and the hunter class is currently looking at a worst case scenario.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2016-09-18 at 05:44 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I think the fact that the MM hidden artifact ability is a speed buff that works if you're not moving sums things up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    People don't want to reroll from their mains just because blizzard colossally messes up. They need to FIX the class. Rerolling is a worst case scenario, and the hunter class is currently looking at a worst case scenario.
    Right. I don't want to reroll a new class but I also can't get into these awful and boring Legion hunter specs. So I'm not playing Legion. I'm just waiting for other games to be released atm and still hoping that they will change what they have done to the hunter.

But that probably won't be before next expansion and any changes in the right direction can only happen if they hire decent developers that still care for the game.

My alt is a hunter, still lvl100 but I was playing with it days ago as BM and it was way boring. Cobra Shot should be a cast again, being a instant is boring to wait for focus and do nothing else. Seems like I won't level it any time soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    I've played hunter since wrath, and you are just being pretentious. The aimed shot bit is just pathetic. Having casted immobile shots is one thing, but aimed shot isn't the problem with MM currently. The problem is that the entire spec is either wholly reliant on RNG that you cannot affect in any way, or you have to take the horrible widewinders talent that has nothing to do with being a MM hunter. SV plays well enough, but it is melee and hunter isn't a melee class. I don't care for all the whiners that wanted melee, there was ALREADY A SURPLUS OF MELEE CLASSES TO PLAY. Why do we have to further REDUCE the number of specs that actually use a RANGED WEAPON just to give us yet another spec that uses a MELEE WEAPON, and for it to just turn out to be a mediocre warrior spec that deprives us of the old SV spec as well as the rest of the hunter class of traps is even worse.
    I have been playing hunter since vanilla, and i really like the new hunter so far in Legion. Sure i do miss my traps and i miss alot of other abilities but then i think back, when did I actually use some of my traps last? I cant even remember because they were some useless spells and was never really used and its the same with some other spells we had.

Sure i understand that some people might want pets but i also know that alot of people dont want a pet when they play MM but hey we do have the option to choose now. Sure atm Steady Focus might not be as good as Lone Wolf but it aint that far behind. So if u REALLY want that pet, its gonna cost you. And who knows in a future patch where the nerf lone wolf or buff steady focus everyone will have their pets and people will cry about having to use pets as MM.

The RNG of Marked Shot is what makes MM fun for me. If i wanna sit and press abilities that come off cooldown i can just play BM, Ret paladin or alot of other classes in Legion and i find that very boring, sure RNG aint always fun and you sometimes sit and pray for a procc but that is also why i think its fun. Atm Sidewinders is the best talent, it aint the most fun talent but it does the job.

Just having the option to actually go into melee made me wanna go survival but atm my guild doesnt need more melee but thank god we still have 2 range specs and they are actually pretty damn close in DPS aswell and i cant remember when the dps between all 3 speccs has been this close before so people can actually pick what they wanna play and not feel bad about it because its not "the best specc" for raiding or pvp.

As for BM. I love the new Dire Beast change and i really like that we have more pets because for me thats what BM is about. Sure it would be nice with a filler in the rotation but with enough gear we wont need one.

/Lynch
    Last edited by mmoc7342b67572; 2016-09-18 at 02:06 PM.

I have been playing hunter since vanilla, and i really like the new hunter so far in Legion. Sure i do miss my traps and i miss alot of other abilities but then i think back, when did I actually use some of my traps last? I cant even remember because they were some useless spells and was never really used and its the same with some other spells we had.

/Lynch
    Uh, I used traps all the time. Freezing for CC in questing and instances, frost for fights where adds needed to be slowed.

I did after playing Hunter since the game came out. The fucked up thing is that I desperately wanted a revamp for the past several expansions, but they just didn't do anything right with any spec.

Shit sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaoboat View Post
    Uh, I used traps all the time. Freezing for CC in questing and instances, frost for fights where adds needed to be slowed.
    Well we could be agree that freezing trap miss alot but frost one was turned in to complete joke compared to abilityes from some other classes ...
    Overall i just hate how MM works and will stay away from it even if that cost me a raid spot i will not touch that spec
    And what mostly i hate in MM is not that RNG with marked shot but design of the talents current ones choiced by Azor and co. are so powerful that you simply do not have any choice in the Patient sniper and Sidewinders tree(if i`m dev will put these 2 in same tree)
    About SVV can say that it feels mostly like MoP Retri pladins whith these 1 and half min damage brust windows
    So so far even that feels boring BM suits most on the hunter play stlye
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-09-18 at 09:16 PM.

No, my hunter has always been an alt, but I'm considering maining him this expansion just because of how much I love it. The specs actually feel unique now, marksmanship feels like a proper archery spec, survival feels like a proper trapper spec, bm is about managing its beasts like in every other iteration of bm in any other rpg ever. What do you miss exactly, re-named shots and traps for all specs? Hunters have only ever had 'one' spec in wow, they now have three and people can't stop b*tching. I don't even think this debate is that subjective honestly.

Side-note: Please stop talking about SV like a warrior spec, you are exposing that you haven't played SV or a warrior. It feels completely different, warriors don't throw out traps, bombs and caltrops as part of their rotation, they don't have a pet or nature themed abilities. If you want to compare melee specs, warrior is honestly the last class I would have thought of.

/Lynch
    MM feels like a mage. Replace spells with arcane/fire/frost instead of arrows and cast instead of a bow. Spam "aimed" bolt, use "barrage" of arcane, use this boring 30% dmg reduction, use this boring speed boost every 3min, etc. Things that made hunters hunters like traps, old cheetah, deterrence, pets (I don't care what you say, MM is pretty much forced to play without a pet, lone wolf is too good to just pass) and more are gone. I know in the past MM has always been cast heavy but at least it was somewhat involving: we had aspect of the fox, pets, traps, masters call, tranq shot, etc.

I like survival, but unfortunately you have to put 3x more effort to get your rotation right only to end up doing less dps than the other specs. It is also a melee spec, which I never wanted to play as a hunter. There was nothing wrong with it being a more dot heavy spec like it was before.
    Last edited by aysatsana; 2016-09-18 at 09:52 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know its pretty bad, but this is the best BM spec we have had since BC.

I for one, as a hunter that wants his companion with him, will enjoy the hell outta this expansion.

/Lynch

I absolutely hate this argument " I never used this spell huehehehe". Guess what? PVE is PVE, as a DPS you just do your damage rotation and your utility abilities are rarely used. IN PVP however it's a different story. As a hunter what made arena/BGs so much fun is all the tools we had. All these spells were used to cc/kite enemies: 4 traps (snake, freeze, frost, explosive knockback), tranq shot, master's call, distracting, scare beast (good on feral druids). Did EVERYONE know how to use all these spells properly? No, in fact most newbie hunters probably didn't even have all these spells keybinded, and just did their normal rotations. A hunter who knew how to use all the tools he had was a lot better though, which is good because you should have the opportunity to get better at your class. Now the skill cap is so low since they removed all our tools, that's its hard to become a good hunter, since there's not much to be good at.

Deleted
    when did I actually use some of my traps last? I cant even remember because they were some useless spells and was never really used and its the same with some other spells we had.
    Did you even play hunter?

Sure, many of the abilities were not mandatory, but they were not useless.

- Explosive Trap: Weak damage, but could be thrown in there for some damage. With Glyph you could knock people off a cliff in PvP. Which was fun.
    - Ice/Freezing Trap: Crowd Control, sure there were better in raid/dungeon scenarios. But it was quite useful in solo.
    - Snake Trap; another slow & reduces enemy cast speed. Honestly couldn't care less about this one, but I remember having to use the snakes to keep the boss in combat in soloing a boss.(irrelevant now with the damage boost and nerfs).

- Tranquilizing shot: Used to remove enrage and magic effects. Yeah, totally useless to remove a 200% damage boost on a boss.
    - Master's Call: Removed all root and movement impairing effects with the bonus of moving your pet fast to you (or someone else)
    - Aspect of the Cheetah: Sure we still have it, but it was it that OP to have a 30% movement boost until hit?
    - Aspect of the Pack: The daze sure was annoying, but when used properly it was useful to get faster to the boss after a wipe.
    - Aspect of the Fox: Being able to cast while moving or just use your hearthstone/mount while moving or falling down.

Probably missing a bunch of abilities that got either removed, reworked or put in as a talent which no one will pick, but you get the idea.

I get why Blizzard wanted to change the hunter specs, but they changed it so drastically that they removed all the fun little things about Hunters. They also completely screwed over the people who loved Survival, it was perfect in MoP.

Why did survival had to be the Melee spec? Why not change Beast Mastery to be the melee or close range ranged spec?
    Wouldn't that fit better with the lore? To strengthen the bond between the Hunter and its pet by fighting close to each other?

Sure I could reroll, but then I would miss out on Legion progression (reputations, Class Hall etc) and I would have to do all the quests again in every zone, and honestly, I've done enough quests for a few months.
    I don't even know what to reroll to and I might not even like the class or spec at max level.

I only have a few days of subscription left anyway, so I'll just quit for the next few months.

Playing since 2004 as hunter, im fine even with SV (tbh in 2004 SV was pretty "melee-ish")

BM can be "confusing" and then "boring" due to all istant cast but you are not OBLIGED to spam CS everytime you see 40focus

MM is pretty fun tbh 1milion crit aimed shot? check // 1.4milion cleave dmg due to SW MS proc? check -- only thing i find really underwhelming is that MM PVP has some better talent than MM PVE

SV.....well i can only tell you to try it and understand a bit the rotation UNLESS you dont wanna play melee

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Pretty much this. Just reroll no one cares.