Thread: SotW nerf.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

SotW nerf.

Why are we not told how much it is nerfed by:?

Monk

(Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Strike of the Wind Lord now deals reduced damage to secondary targets.
    Developers’ Notes: Windwalker burst AoE damage was a bit too strong, and Strike of the Wind Lord is the biggest source of that. We want it to remain strong for single target, but not as strong with its secondary damage.

As long as it's only secondary target dmg that is being nerfed, it really doesn't matter that much imho. We will still be amazing on aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    As long as it's only secondary target dmg that is being nerfed, it really doesn't matter that much imho. We will still be amazing on aoe.
    My friend, you think the nurf will stop?! They don't destroy a class in one patch .. But WW will NEVER be allowed to outshine every one .. AE nurfs will continue ..

Deleted
    If this is all we get im more than happy!

This is how it happened in WoD. First they nerfed our aoe damage because of SEF, then they nerfed our single target damage when people complained about that. Then again, and again, to the point that you either rerolled or got benched if you raided.

I dont think monks will ever be viable for most of an expansion because people hate monks and mop. So they bitch until the class is dust whenever it is beating their class on dps.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    We want numbers! Most likely a huge number But it was to be expected! Way too strong AOE burst.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    This is how it happened in WoD. First they nerfed our aoe damage because of SEF, then they nerfed our single target damage when people complained about that. Then again, and again, to the point that you either rerolled or got benched if you raided.

I dont think monks will ever be viable for most of an expansion because people hate monks and mop. So they bitch until the class is dust whenever it is beating their class on dps.
    Much better than shamans who are NEVER EVER, not even for a weak, OP. They always nerf us in beta just to buff us in the first days of raiding because others are 30 or 50% better...

I'm pretty sure they'll give Strike of the Windlord the Full Moon treatment.

If that's it for the nerfs, I'm 100% fine with this.

Yup this nerf is necessary. I saw that as a WW main. I do 40%+ of all damage on every mythic dungeon pull. It's idiotic.

Enjoy seeing mages, hunters, and rogues on top now.

No amount of QQ will get them toned down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have a number to this nerf?
    Statix will suffice.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Anyone have a number to this nerf?
    Just speculation until they put it in place. Worst case scenario, they remove the AOE component, or make it cleave like FoF which effectively removes it from the AOE rotation at 3 or more targets. However, as drastic as this sounds, it really wouldnt be that big of a deal. Spinning Crane Kick is easily more DPS than SotW, just takes a little skill and set up. People have just been hyper focused on SotW so they've forgotten or not learned how strong SCK can be.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, even without the AoE component, I am still totally trouncing other classes on single target fights. I know raids haven't come out, but I would not be surprised to see a nerf to FoF and even SCK. I haven't experimented much with other classes, but I don't think there has been a single fight in this week's mythics, be it trash pack or boss, that I haven't had at least a 20% lead on. I could not even touch SotWL and my DPS on trash packs is insane (even leagues better than Outlaw and Havoc players I've been grouped with). I don't claim to be an exceptional player by any means so maybe the people I was playing with just weren't good? From where I'm standing, we look like the highest DPS class period. Am seriously looking forward to raids to see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Guys, even without the AoE component, I am still totally trouncing other classes on single target fights. I know raids haven't come out, but I would not be surprised to see a nerf to FoF and even SCK. I haven't experimented much with other classes, but I don't think there has been a single fight in this week's mythics, be it trash pack or boss, that I haven't had at least a 20% lead on. I could not even touch SotWL and my DPS on trash packs is insane (even leagues better than Outlaw and Havoc players I've been grouped with). I don't claim to be an exceptional player by any means so maybe the people I was playing with just weren't good? From where I'm standing, we look like the highest DPS class period. Am seriously looking forward to raids to see how this plays out.
    Prepare to be disappointed then. ST on long fights WW is comfortably middle of the pack; Mythics are short fights and large packs where AoE and burst are king. You won't see the same results in raids.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post

idk how ignorant you have to be to seriously believe they nerf because of bitching only

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty surprised the hundred fists thing (I forget what it's called) hasn't been nerfed. I mean, that shit hits for like 700 fucking damage on a naked level 1 Monk. That's INSANE!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Yup this nerf is necessary. I saw that as a WW main. I do 40%+ of all damage on every mythic dungeon pull. It's idiotic.
    and drop to 3rd on boss fight! If anything people should be happy ..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    Share numbers on single target .. I have a feeling people you are with are not near max ..

Deleted
    I would be fine with that nerf because I do think that SotW is insane...BUT seeing as this is the Monk class and Blizzard tends to overdo things because it's not a popular class...yeah, I expect way more in the coming days.

I do hope they don't go nerf crazy. A nerf to the AoE component of SotW is justified imo. Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked if they did the same thing to fists afterward. Fists is pretty crazy in it's own right. The entirety of our aoe kit is just really really strong.

I feel pretty strong on single target, but nowhere near the crazy outlier classes. I just really hope they keep the nerf confined to aoe only. Anything else would be pretty stupid.