Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    mfw nobody mentions Limit
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The race to world first would only interest me behind the scenes. What parts of personal life were dropped to achieve this "world first"? What sleep patterns were used/abused? Did the raiders eat and drink properly during said "progress"? Did they have personal hygiene during the "race"? How do their families, loved ones, co-workers, friends feel about it.

These are important questions that should be addressed before we even start "admiring" that world first. I fear that world firsts in games in general are accompanied by all sorts of human body abuse, physical and mental. This kind of abuse exists to some extent in simple mythic guilds with no specific progress goals so I can only imagine what it takes for a world first.
    hey atleast unlike real sports they don't end up Unable to count to 10 at the age of 40 or kill themselves because of Brain Injury.... I mean maybe a adderal addiction here or there. and maybe a few cases of Irregular Heartbeat from all the Red Bull+caffeine.. But overall its not as bad as what real athletes that we admire do to themselves.

Deleted
    My sources have confirmed that Trump sent Slootbag to sabotage Serenity. The plan is he plays it kool until Xavius, where after they've established a strat he 'll ditch them and rejoin his american comrades. Serenity's only option will be to beg Sco to come help them and we all know how's that going to end.

#LimitRising

10+ Year Old Account
    The race to world first would only interest me behind the scenes. What parts of personal life were dropped to achieve this "world first"? What sleep patterns were used/abused? Did the raiders eat and drink properly during said "progress"? Did they have personal hygiene during the "race"? How do their families, loved ones, co-workers, friends feel about it.

These are important questions that should be addressed before we even start "admiring" that world first. I fear that world firsts in games in general are accompanied by all sorts of human body abuse, physical and mental. This kind of abuse exists to some extent in simple mythic guilds with no specific progress goals so I can only imagine what it takes for a world first.
    Thanks for the new signature. There's no way I can see someone living a normal or even semi-normal life and being "world first" anything on the Internet, with how vast a pool of people there are to draw from. Good at video games? Chances are there's someone who can make all kinds of stupid sacrifices to be 50% better than you and have 1000% more time for them than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Im talking the obvious you intentionally avoid:

Sleep deprivation is bad for health.
    Prolonged stress of mythic first is bad for health
    Sitting at the same spot for hours on end without actual movement can cause blood circulation problems, klots etc.
    Smelling like a pig because world first is also an issue albeit more of a social one than anything
    Not going to the toilet in time because raiding can also cause random health issues
    Dropping out of work can cause social and proffessional problems as well as family problems
    Eating junkfood for prolonged periods of time because raiding is also a health issue
    Energy drinks or pills or God knows what else to stay awake for prolonged periods of time is also an issue.

So yeah I would like to see behind the scenes of world firsts and see if some people are potentially self harming in order to achieve them. Surely they can't be a role model then can they? And its not about just growing a beard. Its about killing yourself to "achieve" an imaginary goal.
    I don't even know where to start. First off to get some context, I study medicine (last year until im a M.D).

- There is no supported evidence at all that temporary sleep deprivation harm your health in any way (except obviously increased risk of accidents due to being tired, but that is not related to your "health" per se).
    - Why would they sit static for that long? Newsflash they don't. Even if they do get clots, it will most likely be superficial = not dangerous.
    - Not going to the toilet? are u serious? Am I actually taking your bait or what is going on?
    - Why are you assuming they eat junkfood? To be frank, if a player is playing at this high level he/she knows that junkfood will lower your performance compared to more stable diets. But even if they decide to eat McDonalds for a week that won't affect your health at all (only long and frequent consumption will)
    - Concerning various drugs. That might be true, people might shew Ritalin or other CNS stimulants to increase performance. On the other hand, you would be surprised how many "high-achievers / type A personalities" that do in all fields of professions to reach their goal. Is it bad? Can be sure. But that is not limited to computer games.

I don't get what you want to get out of this? To me it seems you are a jealous person who wants to suppress people that want to achieve their goal, even if it is getting world first in WoW. You have a very narrow world view, please educate yourself before posting posts like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    This list is in no particular order... and only representative of the guilds that as far I know, are still raiding.

Serenity (obviously)
    Method (watered down, but still potent)
    LimiT (From the ashes of Blood Legion... a better US guild emerges?)
    Midwinter (I have it on good authority that they learned from their crash on HFC.. they have been strategically rebuilding, and fully intend to be world competitors)
    Impact (a not unknown guild which came out of nowhere and claimed a top 20W Archi kill.. recruiting for legion.. such race!)
    Dragon (The rebrand of Pwnanza EU-Kazzak. Looking to improve on their world rank after a very stressfully done World 5th Archi)
    From Scratch (the french are coming!!! But don't go looking for white flags. After a well done world 4th.. and active recruiting, they are far from giving up!)
    Exorsus (The russians are known for their vodka, their hacking.. and their?? Gaming? After an impressive, but long fought World 3rd.. they are looking to do what their olympic team couldn't, grab gold! they are hungry!)
    Others that round out the competitors are: Nihilum, Set Sail For Fail, FatSharkYes, WHATEVER WERE AWESOME, Entropy (OC), Ascension (OC), ScrubBusters

There is still plenty to offer in the race. Will the normal work horses keep their spots? Will a guild come out of nowhere to claim the gold? Did Paragon troll the world by pretending to drop out of the race? We won't know until Tuesday. I, for one, am actually excited for the race this time around. Maybe its because I am enjoying this expac more than others, and actually look forward to what else blizzard has instore!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

not really much to be excited about when there are no longer top guilds competing.

You are studying MEDICINE and yet you have the AUDACITY to post this nonsense. Perhaps take a good hard look or even read the Hippocratic oath instead of the Hypocricy oath you took when you joined this forum.

And why would I be "jealous" or try to supress anyone. You wanna DIE playing wow be my guest friendo. Just don't try "educate" us how normal you are as opposed to everyone else who chooses to not go through all this crap for an imaginary goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Whos the bitter one here rofl. Look at all your salt to someone who simply says "this run for the world #1 in something like wow is potentially unhealthy". Judging from how you talk here doesn't have the mentality to even finish an HC without being offensive abusive and borderline psycho to everyone else, and start trash talking.

Ofc its their life but its also my opinion. Not sure if you live in an environment where freedom of speech is not valued so you wouldn't know about respect to other people's opinions etc either way your empty insults just amuse me

- - - Updated - - -

You are comparing sports and athletes to couch potatoes. The analogy is quite amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Its exactly the point Im trying to make. They started calling it "sport". What kind of sport is that? Are you going to put these guys next to an Olympic Games athlete (any athlete not just medal winners) and call it "sport"? Its a world first ok to me its as cool as they guy who ate 500 hotdogs in 5 min to prove his whatever and enter Guiness book of idi...eeer records.

Call it whatever you want, admire it all you want but please don't try to convince anyone that its normal and that these guys had fun doing it. I was member and officer of a progress raiding guild for many years and the amount of shit that goes on behind that "progress kill" would blow your mind. And we re talking about a completely unimportant guild like all other guilds that do some normal progress.

Supporting world #1 goes with drugs (legal and illegal) booze, sleep deprivation, all sorts of other help problems, mental abuse, psychological abuse, and then we start the game abuse: Semi-legal addons that blizzard pretends they don't see (check some videos of old world firsts people asking for the UI only to get response "its the custom guild raiding UI" (paragon)) , boosting people for gold, botting from several accounts to support the expensive wiping.

All sorts of game breaking activities are happening behind every world first but the playerbase is naive enough to just sit there and "admire" because ilevels hold immensely more value than a person's health.

Im not saying the rest of us playing wow live healthy lives etc but at least we don't have to suffer the pressure applied for being #1 world in raiding nontheless.

P.S. You can be #1 in pvp and not suffer all this. I guess that makes it lesser achievement and not a "sport" ha?
    You make so much assumptions you must be a real sweet to deal in real life.
    Assuming everything and every one is out to get you.
    And that your own opinion is the only one that matters LUUUUUUUUL .
    Stay bitter my friend.

Who cares, its europe thats going to take it home.

Is it an assumption when someone says on record "we was playing 16 hours per day". You want to bellitle my arguments with personal attacks and assuming that I assume. You offer absolutely NOTHING to counter my arguments that are based on interviews of said raiders (METHOD used as an example). Perhaps do a google search once in a while instead of the blind QQ you are used to in this forum. Just slander is not enough when you talk to me mate you need to be a bit smarter than that.

Btw my opinion is just my opinion. The fact that it bothers you so much says a lot Your opinion on the other hand is just slanders and insults NOT on the topic but against me. Also says a lot

Fact: http://exilic.com/m/aqb_articles/vie...l-and-Justmonk

Quote: "Val: Obviously, dedicating nearly 2 full weeks to sitting and playing 16 hours a day does require some sacrifices in real life, that's unavoidable, but you work around it."

Do you still want to tell us with a straight face that 16 hours of raiding per day is normal and doesn't harm you? And the "just 2 weeks" is what they claim in order to sound as normal as possible. It is much much MUCH worse than that.
    It is absolutely normal.
    Apart from day 1 and maybe day 2 no one raids 16h a day.
    Val/Valiane the ex method priest who just so you know hasn't been a part of the world race since probably firelands is exaggerating quite heavy.

You again are making assumptions.
    I am smart enough you are the one who is taking things out of context.

Many of the world 1st racers have came and said that maintaining that 16h day raiding is not possible after day 2 so no one is doing outside of those 2.
    This isn't a 2 week thing never was never will be its a 2 week every day raiding but not every day is 16h day you assuming tinfoilhatted bitter old man.

There no slanders or insults you need to go out a bit more to understand what those are i suspect since you kinda start sounding like one of those PC/SJW constantly offended people on the internet.

Please do open a company for bitter flavors since you reek of bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    It is absolutely normal.
    Apart from day 1 and maybe day 2 no one raids 16h a day.
    Val/Valiane the ex method priest who just so you know hasn't been a part of the world race since probably firelands is exaggerating quite heavy.

You again are making assumptions.
    I am smart enough you are the one who is taking things out of context.

Many of the world 1st racers have came and said that maintaining that 16h day raiding is not possible after day 2 so no one is doing outside of those 2.
    This isn't a 2 week thing never was never will be its a 2 week every day raiding but not every day is 16h day you assuming tinfoilhatted bitter old man.

There no slanders or insults you need to go out a bit more to understand what those are i suspect since you kinda start sounding like one of those PC/SJW constantly offended people on the internet.

Please do open a company for bitter flavors since you reek of bitterness.
    I'll just stop you right there because you have no clue what you are talking about, when I was raiding with ascension for two weeks straight it was 12-16hours a day 6 days a week.. with reduced hours on the 7th, some days would even be longer when we were close to a kill(the most we raided was 19 hours, 5 hours sleep and back at it again)Then even after progression finished we were still raiding 5 days a week 4 hours a night purely because we had to keep 3-4 alts all properly geared and ready to raid.

During those first two weeks we had to sacrifice practically everything in our real life. I couldn't study or go to work, I sacrificed a lot of social times with friends as well... then on top of that when the new Ptr cycle would start we would have to get up at stupid hours (2-4am) so they we could test all the new bosses.. he isn't making assumptions he is stating facts.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2016-09-18 at 02:54 PM.
    My FC is 1177 - 6552 - 9842 PM with yours if you add.

since this discussion happens literally every patch ill just summarize for ya

yes, people who want to be the world first/best at something spend lots of time doing it, even as much as 16 hours a day / 7 days a week

yes, the time could be better spent solving world hunger

no, you dont get to judge them because of their life choices

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    I'll just stop you right there because you have no clue what you are talking about, when I was raiding with ascension for two weeks straight it was 12-16hours a day 6 days a week.. with reduced hours on the 7th, some days would even be longer when we were close to a kill(the most we raided was 19 hours, 5 hours sleep and back at it again)Then even after progression finished we were still raiding 5 days a week 4 hours a night purely because we had to keep 3-4 alts all properly geared and ready to raid.

During those first two weeks we had to sacrifice practically everything in our real life. I couldn't study or go to work, I sacrificed a lot of social times with friends as well... then on top of that when the new Ptr cycle would start we would have to get up at stupid hours (2-4am) so they we could test all the new bosses.. he isn't making assumptions he is stating facts.
    Stop me where?
    Wowprogress doesn't even allow me to look at your guild.
    He isn't stating facts because those ain't facts for all guilds.

Method flat out confirmed it during last race that is humanly not possible to do that.
    No wonder you never reach any where near the top5 with that schedule that you had in your guild.

Newsflash buddy you doing something doesn't make it truth that every one else does.
    It is not humanly possible to raid 19h without having break/bathroom food and so on don't give me that bull you are just inane crazy and flat out stupid if you and your guild didn't take at least hour for food and 30mins for bathroom breaks.

"STATING FACTS MY ASS"

It's only serenity that has the time to get world first.

To the extent that "world first" is presented to gaming society as important, valiant, normal, successful way of playing the game, I reserve the right to judge the life choices for myself and to simply point out the "behind the scenes problems" to everyone else so they can also judge for themselves.

Ofc if you want to die playing wow its a life choice for which I don't want and can't have a say. But if you ask me to follow you on twitch and watch you do it then sorry mate but yes I will judge that and have an opinion about it.
    If you want to die being retarded - it's a life choice too and after reading a good amount of idiotism what you say in this thread i would say you already made it.
    Infracted;

It seems to me that you like the "FACTS" yes? Okay, here we go.

1)No one has ever died from "world first race" - it's a FACT yet in every 2nd or 3rd message you write bullshit like "Ofc if you want to die playing wow blah blah blha blah blah". /facepalm

2)Not showering for 1 week is - Not a problem Nor social nor any type of problem. Simple as that Especially since raiders of that level prepare stuff like food/energy drinks/coffee in advance and usually don't even go anywhere except their PC'S.

3)Most players who play in such guilds are playing 10-12H/D anyways, trust me - playing 14H instead of 10-12 won't affect them in literally any way.

4)"Missing work" is once again - Not a problem due to 95% of working players taking 1-2 week's vacations for world first race activity anyways and i'm not even going to mention "hardcore boosters" who earn like 2-3k+ eur per month for literally sitting @PC and playing the game... which is in my country would be Top 1% pay on "real" work.

5)"Social life" is also - Not a problem it's a matter of preference tbh and pointless to argue... But trust me - not a single mouse is going to die if anyone ordinary disapears for 2 weeks for example... on vacation?

6)Some another "Lunar" and "Imaginary problems" which you made from your head and trying to apply on every single existence in the world which i forgot to mention and answer.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-09-19 at 05:17 AM.

Race hasn't even started but this thread already reached the highest levels of cancer.

Deleted

Just like world first in anything.. ever...

or trying to break the world record in anything big.. ever..

Just because they are behind a computer screen, you have a problem with it?

After an actual progress raider replied verifying all my posts your blubber is just invalid. In fact so invalid that you can't tell a sarcasm from a fact and you mix them up in your brain. Extra points for calling me "retarded" which also verifies who you actually are.

Oh and welcome to the forums Im sure we needed 1 more salty poster around here to make a difference (not).

- - - Updated - - -
    Hmpf and what if i just tell you that i'm also FORMER world first raider of cata - early mop era? I guess you propably didn't expect such outcome smart-ass and already started celebrating(who knows). I was also very surprised when i read his post about playing 19H/D cuz it's simply retarded to be honest - even best people simply can't perform if you play for so long lul.... No wonder "we" have always been beating them ;P

Why dont all y'all stop arguing and just do it yourself to find out!

After an actual progress raider replied verifying all my posts your blubber is just invalid. In fact so invalid that you can't tell a sarcasm from a fact and you mix them up in your brain. Extra points for calling me "retarded" which also verifies who you actually are.

Oh and welcome to the forums Im sure we needed 1 more salty poster around here to make a difference (not).

- - - Updated - - -

Hahahahaha instead of going berserk mate because arguments don't go your way feel free to link us to your guild and show us where you stand in this "race". Or wait are you just an LFR hero with a big ego and an even bigger mouth? Still no reason to insult others because you disagree. Especially when the subject of disagreement is on a field you will never be able to feel for yourself.
    I never went for world 1st i've been raiding casual on 3day basis with my best been around world 350 since i've been raiding.
    You are the one going berserk here not me.
    I disagree because you do not have a leg to stand on and all your arguments are flawed.

Keep trying tough.
    You will always be wrong because you are narrow minded person.