Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Lot of trolling going on in this thread I think...
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I don't know how after 12 years of wow people are still like "i hope PW:S won't pop us out of shadowform" like... did you start playing the 30th of August 2016 ?
    Im gonna laugh so damn hard if it ends up popping us out of shadowform...then crawl up in fetal position and cry.

Its actually a legit concern though, they have overlooked things in the past. No doubt they would fix it, but would it be a priority over other things? Lets hope it doesnt come to that, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Im gonna laugh so damn hard if it ends up popping us out of shadowform...then crawl up in fetal position and cry.

Its actually a legit concern though, they have overlooked things in the past. No doubt they would fix it, but would it be a priority over other things? Lets hope it doesnt come to that, lol.
    Ahah and they told me I was the pessimist here

Homophobia is so gay.

I don't know how after 12 years of wow people are still like "i hope PW:S won't pop us out of shadowform" like... did you start playing the 30th of August 2016 ?
    Naw but when they say "holy spells will knock u out" when we really don't have any in combat holy spells anymore besides PW:Shield, it raises concern.

Like what is there? Resurrection, the mind see shit.. Levitate?

Why say it'll knock us out of form if there's like jack shit for holy spells?
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Its actually a legit concern though, they have overlooked things in the past
    Them overlooking things actually works for us in this case, since the old shadowform treated PWS as a disc spell.

The chance of PWS dropping SF is pretty low.

The point is, why mention the Holy restriction? According to the classic Shadowform rules, only Ressurection could remove Shadowform from the currently used spells. Still, its not even a tooltip, its a blue.

I am afraid that other holy spells removing us from Shadowform could be the "catch" for getting this change now. In other words, it could be stricter than the classic Shadowform. I guess that would invalidate PW:S for PVE.

How come its not on the PTR yet?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The point is, why mention the Holy restriction? According to the classic Shadowform rules, only Ressurection could remove Shadowform from the currently used spells. Still, its not even a tooltip, its a blue.

I am afraid that other holy spells removing us from Shadowform could be the "catch" for getting this change now. In other words, it could be stricter than the classic Shadowform. I guess that would invalidate PW:S for PVE.

How come its not on the PTR yet?
    you are thinking wayyyyy into it

They just took the old tooltip, added the VF bit and called it a day

I mean do I think they are dumb enough to do that ? Yes. But for once I am hopefull they thought it through

Homophobia is so gay.

If it somehow makes it into the beta like that, it will never make it out. There's questionable design with intent (i.e. a dps class with st strength and ae weakness), and then there's rendering a spell nonfunctional. The two are completely different imo... I'm not even sure we should be talking about this with serious faces.

The buff to shadow, on the other hand is great, and I think a lot of people really missed shadow form more than blizzard realized. We love to talk about what things define shadow, I suspect quite a few people left the class due to that one simple cosmetic reason, and no other.

The damage bonus was probably killing two birds with one stone.

I seriously doubt it will double dip into the void form damage, but if it does then it might be a precursor to some tuning with either StM or Mass Hysteria (or both).
    Last edited by Kilee25; 2016-09-18 at 09:07 AM.
    "Falling from heaven is not as painful as surviving the impact."

DPS Loss - my guild on Proudmoore
    The Old Guard - my guild on Earthen Ring
    Revenant - my guild on Echo Isles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    If it somehow makes it into the beta like that, it will never make it out. There's questionable design with intent (i.e. a dps class with st strength and ae weakness), and then there's rendering a spell nonfunctional. The two are completely different imo... I'm not even sure we should be talking about this with serious faces.

The buff to shadow, on the other hand is great, and I think a lot of people really missed shadow form more than blizzard realized. We love to talk about what things define shadow, I suspect quite a few people left the class due to that one simple cosmetic reason, and no other.

The damage bonus was probably killing two birds with one stone.

I seriously doubt it will double dip into the void form damage, but if it does then it might be a precursor to some tuning with either StM or Mass Hysteria (or both).
    Mass Hysteria is fine in my eyes. you have a well calculated stack in normal voidform maybe up to 40´s with average gear. StM makes things more complex and difficult to balance. the logic dicision will be a smallish nerf to StM so you cant stay in voidform for to long maybe max it at 120 sekonds i dont know ^^.

Since you can't case PW:S as a holy priest, I'd imagine that it won't pop you out

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, probably. I just don't find the idea of us getting "Void Nova" too far fetched.
    It will never happen and there is a simple explanation that I think anyone who's played the game or any Blizzard game long enough knows why. For those that don't; giving us Shadow Nova would mean Blizzard would have to admit that they were wrong i.e. that Mind Seer is a bad spell. Blizzard does not admit they are wrong, ever, they simply fix the problem and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    I doubt it will stack with the VF bonus. I think the change is so you can do more damage outside of VF so that you're not constantly trying to ramp up, especially when doing solo content where mobs die faster than your ability to keep up VF. I welcome this change, that was one of my gripes leveling once I hit upwards 105. Mobs took too long to kill, so I took too much damage, and unless they were close enough together keeping VF up or really taking advantage of the haste buff was kinda ridiculous.

I think the +10% will also help with Mind Seer's damage considering you generally are not casting this in VF, which I think is why its currently tuned so low.

I really hope Blizzard is up for the challenge when balancing SPriests because the VF and StM mechanics just seem like a nightmare to balance. I really dont want SPriests to be broken all xpac simply because of this difficulty they've created for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Nobody gives a shit about class fantasy.
    I don't know about you guys, and I know it's silly, but as a Shadow Priest it makes me incredibly happy that I now have a shadow-based heal instead of a holy one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ginfleth View Post
    It clearly states School: Holy on wowhead :P
    It's a holy class spell because there's no spell school for Discipline, but there's always been an exception for "Discipline" abilities such as Power Word: Shield and Dispel Magic/Mass Dispel (though if I remember correctly, there was a time when Cure Disease would pop you out of Shadowform but that was changed a while back? I think? Either way, it doesn't now). Also some older abilities that no longer exist that were classified as Discipline abilities that didn't pop you out of shadowform were Inner Fortitude, Inner Focus and Divine Spirit (don't ask me why a Shadow Priest would be specced for Divine Spirit, but it was possible, and I'm pretty sure it didn't pop you out).

I can't remember if Fear Ward popped you out of Shadow Form, nor can I remember if it was technically considered a Holy or Discipline ability.

- - - Updated - - -

you are thinking wayyyyy into it

They just took the old tooltip, added the VF bit and called it a day

I mean do I think they are dumb enough to do that ? Yes. But for once I am hopefull they thought it through
    Oh I'm 200% sure that's exactly what they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Is the Shadowform change still in consideration or is the build including it not there yet? Cause it hasn't made it in testing for a while now.

Deleted
    SW: Death has only 1 stack on PTR.

Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Rym1469 View Post
    SW: Death has only 1 stack on PTR.

Go!
    Alright, Void Lord it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jullyx View Post
    Alright, Void Lord it is.
    i have heared its a common bug on PTR that SW only has one stack

Still says 2 stacks on ptr notes atleast.