Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fishing artifact rank 13-14 is a jump in about 700% cost. A bug?

Why do the fishing artifact trait cost go up from about 1k to 6.840 AP.

We get no extra AP for knowledge, it is simply 700% longer time to get a trait, almost as if it suddently follows normal artifact costs, but without the knowledge to help you.

This seriously cannot be intended, the jump is simply too large, and the number is identical to your own artifact, and thus not a coincidence.

Deleted
    Like everything fishing related in WoW it takes a long time. I bet this is intentional.

So...just like the regular artifacts?

It's meant to take a looooong time. You aren't supposed to be done with it within a couple weeks of release.

Deleted
    You guys dont really seem to understand. There is a sudden jump in 700%, but even if it says knowledge is 90% on the artifact it still gives 50%

Just saying it is supposed to take more time does not explain the knowledge thing, nor the exact number following making it look like normal artifact, but with no help tools like other artifacts have.

Like base values or knowledge boosting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    You guys dont really seem to understand. There is a sudden jump in 700%, but even if it says knowledge is 90% on the artifact it still gives 50%

Just saying it is supposed to take more time does not explain the knowledge thing, nor the exact number following making it look like normal artifact, but with no help tools like other artifacts have.

No, you don't understand. The AP required per level is exactly the same as regular artifacts. I had my artifact to lvl 14 before any knowledge, so I also didn't get any bonus. If they want fishing artifact to be able to be boosted, they will implement that. As for now, it's working as intended and is supposed to be a grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, sounds like it is going as intended.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Theses guys complaining about an increase of 6k and here I am 1k into a 30k trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, you don't understand. The AP required per level is exactly the same as regular artifacts. I had my artifact to lvl 14 before any knowledge, so I also didn't get any bonus. If they want fishing artifact to be able to be boosted, they will implement that. As for now, it's working as intended and is supposed to be a grind.
    Fishing has always been a grind ^^ Oh well, makes people slow down. Sometimes you can talk to nice people while fishing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's how every artifact is from 13 to 14. Not just fishing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you go for the good shit first.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey922 View Post
    Theses guys complaining about an increase of 6k and here I am 1k into a 30k trait.
    Little behind eh mate?

- - - Updated - - -

Every artifact jumps by about 700% after level 13. Nothing unusual is happening here. You literally just got to the starting line of where the grind really begins. Welcome to Artifacts, which you will work on for the entire expansion (not just the first 3 weeks), including fishing.

painfully easy to level up tho, just takes time. Fish in aszuna, put the other 2 baits in the bank. go for the brooch. I get about 1 every 5 cast with the queenfish rank 3. mine is now lasting for 9 min due to artifact level and i can fish up about 35-40 fish per bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is, it's not even remotely fun to do. At rank 13+ the oodelfjisk or ghostly queenfish pools will be visible for so long that you are bound to fish an additional ring or brooch before they disappear. Thus you simply need to stand in a single spot and fish a single pool (since those pools never despawn) for like, a full day or so.
    Good thing you're not forced to do it if you don't like it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    That's how every artifact is from 13 to 14. Not just fishing.
    Other artifacts gets boosting

Deleted
    fish up sleeping murlocs with arcane bait

It's the same as any other artifact tree, 13+ starts having huge jumps.

It scales with AK level, at AK25 you should get ~12,500 AP a rare fish compared to the 50-90 AP you are getting now. EDIT: If it's not scaling, report it as a bug. It says in the corner that you should have a gain from artifact knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey922 View Post
    You realize that fishing AP is obtained by catching rare fish and is completely different? Also, if your main artifact is only 30k that's pretty low.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-09-18 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post

It scales with AK level, at AK25 you'd get ~12,500 AP a rare fish compared to the 50-95 (depending on your current AK) you are getting now. Just wait.
    It doesn't scale with Artifact Knowledge though. That's what the OP was saying. It says it benefits from the Knowledge that you have but each fish is still only worth 50 AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xintho View Post
    It doesn't scale with Artifact Knowledge though. That's what the OP was saying. It says it benefits from the Knowledge that you have but each fish is still only worth 50 AP.
    I'd report it as a bug then cause pretty sure that's not intended.

If it is, I certainly won't be maxing my pole out. I'd respec once, get rid of the worthless stealth/boot perks, and max out only the fish I intend to fish.

Edit: On second thought, can you even respec it?
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-09-18 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    I'd report it as a bug then cause pretty sure that's not intended.

If it is, I certainly won't be maxing my pole out. I'll respec once, get rid of the worthless stealth/boot perks, and max out just the fish I intend to fish.
    Yep, already did that on the day that my first research finished so nearly 2 weeks ago. Still not working. There are several things bugged still it seems. The passive says that it increases the duration of all Isle lures yet the Arcane one from Dalaran is still only set at 10 minutes.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do the fishing artifact trait cost go up from about 1k to 6.840 AP.

We get no extra AP for knowledge, it is simply 700% longer time to get a trait, almost as if it suddently follows normal artifact costs, but without the knowledge to help you.

This seriously cannot be intended, the jump is simply too large, and the number is identical to your own artifact, and thus not a coincidence.
    Every artifact does this.