Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't give a shit about the legendaries. I never even thought about possibly getting one and I truly don't care at all. Actually I don't even know what they are or how exactly you get them.
    You don't even need them for raiding. They are just a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not read up on Legion much, but im dumbfounded 3 weeks in we are even talking about acquiring Legendary items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Some people are also allowed to sleep with Cathrine Zeta Jones, Giselle Bündchen or Monica Belluci.

Also I believe that it takes the last tier of your class Order Hall, plus 14 days research at 15 000 resources to equip +1 legendary. So having 4 legendaries will not do you any good.
    You need to stop comparing real life to rng in wow

Its pretty dumb tbh

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Blizz said that their purpose was for each raid team to have 3 legendaries on average. So droprate is as intended. Some have more, some have less.
    Yeah that's not gonna be the case in the top 100 guilds. When you reach a certain point where everyone is just as skilled as the next, then the person with the better gear gets picked.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I have not read up on Legion much, but im dumbfounded 3 weeks in we are even talking about acquiring Legendary items.
    Because tons of people already have them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ive got 5 legendarys because of last bug.

Some people are also allowed to sleep with Cathrine Zeta Jones, Giselle Bündchen or Monica Belluci.

Also I believe that it takes the last tier of your class Order Hall, plus 14 days research at 15 000 resources to equip +1 legendary. So having 4 legendaries will not do you any good.
    It has given you the chance to get your BiS legendary 4 times over and in some cases thoes items give you a 20%-30% damage boost.

Most will never loot that many so the PvE balance is pretty much ruined for the next two years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You don't even need them for raiding. They are just a bonus.
    That's how I see it at least.

Truth be told for most people it's going to be a while until they get their legendary. Which most well informed players knew going into this and the masses didn't because they were more concerned about thumping their chest while going on about "Legendaries for casuals mate! Blizz making the game for us now". Instead these legendaries are going to become a gate between players. They will also be a motivation for complaints and crying. This is why people like myself didn't want this type of system. Had nothing to do with keeping legendaries out of certain people's hands. It had everything to do with what's unfolding now and it's only just begun. Sorry folks, I wish it could have been different but as you say, "the masses" have spoken (as uninformed as usual) and got their way. So deal with it. I know either way I will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your world, what is "tons"?
    There was a bug that was causing people that had 1 legendary already (meaning they had to get their first like everyone else) to have a higher drop chance on their next legendaries. Most likely caused by the duplicate protection system that Blizz put in a week after launch, probably without as much testing as it should have had. There was (and still is) a larger number of people that have multiple legendaries than they should, possibly more people than those that have just one.

Deleted
    so let me get this straight, legendaries are the new epics and epics became just leveling items and vendor trash?

Of course the legendary droprate is low, that's why they're legendaries, not everyone should have one, otherwise they wouldn't be legendary weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    lolwotm8... how is that even possible while being on this site
    I guess not caring about them also meant not looking into the threads that dealt with them, or clicking on the news bits that were about them. It just wasn't on my radar at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    They said they won't be balancing EN around people having legendaries but they said they will be in nighthold which means they expect people to get them by like 4-5 months from now.
    balancing nighthold around legendaries? oh man is this going to piss off a lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    so let me get this straight, legendaries are the new epics and epics became just leveling items and vendor trash?

Of course the legendary droprate is low, that's why they're legendaries, not everyone should have one, otherwise they wouldn't be legendary weapons.
    In the end everyone will have one if not multiples. The problem is the short term situation.

IMO this is just a bad import from Diablo 3. In diablo 3 it works great because you TONS of them, usually a couple of them at the end of each ''dungeon'' and plus its game you can play in single player so not getting a specific item its totally fine because you are not competing with someone else for your spot like in WoW.

We have like 5 DH in our guild that want to raid, one of them due to the bug have 2 Legendaries one of them being their BiS and in 15 days he can use them both and in 7.1 he will be able to upgrade them, he is now so far ahead of the others that its going to be hard for them to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    That's how I see it at least.
    They have no impact on progression. You will progress through raids fine even Mythic raids without a legendary. It's a bonus.

Luckily for me I am a paladin, so most of my legendary items are nothing more than glorified stat boosts

/cry

It's suppose to be low and no one will eject you just because you don't have it. Not sure what the problem is.

Drop rate is fine, adding "this is not a QQ thread" to the thread doesn't make true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Well i was only half joking, i assume you know at least what a legendary is correct? unfortunately after having an account on this site i have dealt with many stupid people and take each poster with caution.
    Am I stupid Bjor?

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    They said they won't be balancing EN around people having legendaries but they said they will be in nighthold which means they expect people to get them by like 4-5 months from now.
    aha... and how the hell are they doing that considering how craptastic some legendaries and how broken others are? for gods sake they had to recently add sockets to the legendary rings / necks just because bullshit like Magnum Opus WASN'T WORTH USING vs a 850 with a socket...