Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was surprised by how quickly I got one two weeks ago, but two weeks later I'm still the only person in my guild or on friends list with one.
    It's pretty low, thinking a lot of people aren't going to get the specific legendary they want at all during the expansion

Deleted
    In 2 weeks 2 Legendarys, Droprate so far so good :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    The system that prevents continous bad luck with legendaries was/is part of the droprate bug, and that bug will be hotfixed next maintenace, so currently there is literally nothing giving you a higher chance.
    "We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary."

maybe im reading this wrong but i see nothing like what you stated here...any other source?

Anyway, this legendary system seems like a huge dick slammed into 90% if players faces...along with retarded WoD legendary ring upgrade system that puts you even more behind people who already have legendaries and also that last class order hall upgrade feels really sarcastic in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    "We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary."

maybe im reading this wrong but i see nothing like what you stated here...any other source?

Anyway, this legendary system seems like a huge dick slammed into 90% if players faces...along with retarded WoD legendary ring upgrade system that puts you even more behind people who already have legendaries and also that last class order hall upgrade feels really sarcastic in this situation.
    I fail to see how they could see how such a system would go over anything other then extremely poorly.

"Hey, I have an idea! Lets exclude people from performing properly at random, and do it to most people, too." "Yeah you got it chap".

Whoever envisioned all this RNG gearing bullshit in legion needs to be canned a year ago.

lol you really expected to have more than 20% people having a legendary?

It should be less than 5%. Legendary items should be extremely rare.

Afaik legendaries will have a higher drop rate from difficult content, most likely meaning raids, mythic+ and rated pvp... none of which is released yet...

It's not a bad drop rate. Pretty soon there'll be way too many of them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    lol you really expected to have more than 20% people having a legendary?

It should be less than 5%. Legendary items should be extremely rare.
    This makes no sense. The only option everyone has as their final class hall upgrade is to be able to use 2 legendaries. It would be a complete and utter waste if only 5% of players had a legendary, let alone only 1. I don't think Blizzard would make that the sole last upgrade unless they expect most players having more than 1 legendary.

My guild is a very solid raiding guild with 30+ people selling mythic arch kills back in WOD.

Basically not a single guildie has yet to receive a legendary. Kind of hopeing one of us gets a legendary before patch 7.1.

BTW, how do legendaries drop these days, do they drop from bosses only? Or basically any mob you find on the broken isles.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's ok, 3 months in most of the active players will have at least one legendary. The game is out what 3 weeks? You expect everyone to be decked bloody legendaries already?

The rate itself, IMO, is just fine and from my heavy play in beta in 4 months there doing mythic+, emissaries and such almost daily I had 2 legendaries drop. It's ok.

The pickle is that there is a single mixed pool of very good and very worthless legendaries, now that can be frustrating because once legendary drops it may end up being pretty underwhelming.

I kinda lucked out and rolled out BiS legendary right away couple of days ago, but I don't think I will be so lucky again, as out of 7 remaining possibilities for my main spec only 1 is really really good and 1 more is "ok/won't cry about it" for me, while the rest are anywhere from meh to worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    it's ok, 3 months in most of the active players will have at least one legendary. The game is out what 3 weeks? You expect everyone to be decked bloody legendaries already?

The rate itself, IMO, is just fine and from my heavy play in beta in 4 months there doing mythic+, emissaries and such almost daily I had 2 legendaries drop. It's ok.

The pickle is that there is a single mixed pool of very good and very worthless legendaries, now that can be frustrating because once legendary drops it may end up being pretty underwhelming.

I kinda lucked out and rolled out BiS legendary right away couple of days ago, but I don't think I will be so lucky again, as out of 7 remaining possibilities for my main spec only 1 is really really good and 1 more is "ok/won't cry about it" for me, while the rest are anywhere from meh to worthless.
    *sigh* feratory 2 weeks in... we have 2 lock mains atm , as you know most guilds will have a 30+ person roster for Mythic, just in case. There won't be more than 1 lock on progression and maybe not even that, at this point between me and him whoever get's lucky gets the spot basicaly, lovely system...

And what's even more anoying i's that i'd LIKE to keep my loot spec on Aff / Demo sometimes to get proper relics but god forbid http://www.wowhead.com/item=132378/s...hs-dark-strike dropped.... i'd prolly just uninstall... WTF IS EVEN THE POINT OF THAT?! doesn't work in pvp....
    Last edited by PowerOfTwo; 2016-09-18 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So..what PvE "balance" are we talking about. Raids? Let us see if the guild with most legendaries wins the World first race or just the more skilled. Personally I am hoping that Every US guild competing will have 10 legendaries and a day headstart and then still lose to a EU guild with zero legendaries.

Would that put this discussion to rest?
    No, it won't.
    The issue is that your output is determined by RNG, not skill. I'm sure most guild will have like 5 people with these items so the balance between guilds not the issue.

It just feels boring to not be able to compete against other players of equal skill.

I think a lot of people are kind of upset at the illusion that they will probably have one and possibly 2 legendary items relatively soon. The illusion is created by the order hall in that in like ~3 more weeks a lot of people will have unlocked the ability to equip 2 legendary items but 98% of us are still working on our first one.

I mean I kind of expected to have mine by now. I've done a couple hundred WQ's, tons of mythics, a fair few heroics and most all of the suramar quests and still don't have one.

"Their legendaries"... as if it were somehow promised to people.
    It takes luck, and you might end up going the entire expansion without a single legendary.

They said first tier no balance for legendarys. 2nd tier they will balance with legendarys in mind. That means 4-5 months from launch they exspect people to have it not 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    What was the point of this thread? i am pretty sure this is common knowledge
    the point is that many peoples expected to start progression with an average of 1 legs x raid member, an absolute dream imho, legs will be probably common at the end of the xpack when peoples have farmed 3 tier of mythic and an incredible amount of mythic+ .

tl/dr
    don't expect to have legs to help during progression especially in EN
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    I'm a firm believer in the "theory" that some peoples accounts are flagged for high drops and some aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I don't know about that particular theory, but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to have some kind of diminishing returns that works server-wide. The more people on a server that get a legendary, the less likely the server is to drop further legendaries, with a slowly increasing number over time. There's a name for it in marketing...um...Forced Demand, or something like that. It's the same thing when new consoles are released to the public: They only make so many so the demand goes up.
    Conspiracy theories about Blizzard have no place here and are against site rules. I'd be happy enough to see that part of the conversation dropped. Further speculation along these lines without some presentation of actual verifiable evidence will be a problem. If any of this seems unclear please pm a global moderator or myself. Thanks.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

They should introduce some way of exchanging one legendary for another, with some sort of a cooldown and a big resource cost or smth.
    So that ppl that want to play another spec, or have the bad luck of having wrong legendaries (some of them are total shit compared to the really needed ones) are not fucked.

Atm it is fine, the hunt for legendaries and the thrill of getting it at the beginning of the expansion are ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering these are supposed to be similar to the vanilla epic world drops and I didn't see a single one of those until TBC... Try 3 months instead of 3 weeks.

Deleted
    It dosent matter what you think is "fair" or how RNG works: Knowing the playerbase, if people arent seeing legenaries soon they will start leaving the game. Yes theoretically you could go through the whole expansion and never see a legendary in your own bags, but while that does cool in theory, since RNG is RNG, in practice its a nightmare.

Since Classic, Blizzard has fought with how end game items are distributed, they have changed raiding every expansion to get more people to get more stuff, because when people arent getting stuff, they quit.

You and they, are delirious if you believe that in a month, people will still log in and be patient, they wont.

This was always the worry, that in order to make these items special, they needed to be rare, but if they are rare it means some folks wont see one, or will get a bad one. This is why they never should have been put in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    It dosent matter what you think is "fair" or how RNG works: Knowing the playerbase, if people arent seeing legenaries soon they will start leaving the game. Yes theoretically you could go through the whole expansion and never see a legendary in your own bags, but while that does cool in theory, since RNG is RNG, in practice its a nightmare.
    The bolded is what Blizzard is trying to prevent with the bad luck protection system.