Thread: The Aldrachi.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well when I read it, it seemed like he was there in his full glory. With the Chronicles and such, I think Brox may be slightly retconned or at least it will be known he fought the avatar.
    It's possible, but thinking of Sargeras in terms of the Titan physiology covered in "Chronicle" I don't think that would even be physically possible. "War of the Ancients" maintains that Box essentially nicked Sargeras before being skewered on the edge of his sword Gorribal, but if a Titan truly is close to the size of a planet then that nick would be the equivalent of normal human dragging an axe along the ground - and Gorribal wouldn't have skewered Brox but crushed him into meat-paste long before it's edge ever came into play. I think it more likely it was simply an avatar Sargeras was going to use to pass into Azeroth through the Well of Eternity's portal (which also wan't planet-sized or else it would've eclipsed the entirety of Azeroth itself).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's possible, but thinking of Sargeras in terms of the Titan physiology covered in "Chronicle" I don't think that would even be physically possible. "War of the Ancients" maintains that Box essentially nicked Sargeras before being skewered on the edge of his sword Gorribal, but if a Titan truly is close to the size of a planet then that nick would be the equivalent of normal human dragging an axe along the ground - and Gorribal wouldn't have skewered Brox but crushed him into meat-paste long before it's edge ever came into play. I think it more likely it was simply an avatar Sargeras was going to use to pass into Azeroth through the Well of Eternity's portal (which also wan't planet-sized or else it would've eclipsed the entirety of Azeroth itself).
    Well it is going to be odd because Brox(In some form) does appear in Legion. Due to spoilers I cannot say.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I think the Aldrachi are more something like the Nerubians or the Mantid, serving the shadow/void. Maybe their 'masters' (be it Old Gods or whatever other Void entitiy there may have been) had not been taken down by the Titans yet and thus the Aldrachi were more successful than the Nerubians. Plus they had some more powerful weapons.

This thread inspired me to work on a concept for the Aldrachi. I'll be posting it once Im done

*HUGE SPOILER*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The Aldrachi Are The Ethereals before they lost their bodies
    Last edited by Raine2099; 2016-09-17 at 04:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    This thread inspired me to work on a concept for the Aldrachi. I'll be posting it once Im done
    That's awesome, looking forward to seeing it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raine2099 View Post
    *HUGE SPOILER*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I'd like to see your sources of this.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well it is going to be odd because Brox(In some form) does appear in Legion. Due to spoilers I cannot say.
    From what I've seen he appears as either a ghost or a time-lost echo of some kind - probably some part of the 7.1 storyline where the events of the War of the Ancients near or in Suramar might be seen.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

From what I've seen he appears as either a ghost or a time-lost echo of some kind - probably some part of the 7.1 storyline where the events of the War of the Ancients near or in Suramar might be seen.
    Broxigar appears in one of Illidan's flashbacks during the Light's Heart quest chain. He's part of a mini-quest along with Jarod and (possibly; didn't explore all of it) Rhonin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Broxigar appears in one of Illidan's flashbacks during the Light's Heart quest chain. He's part of a mini-quest along with Jarod and (possibly; didn't explore all of it) Rhonin.
    I'd heard about that, but I must've missed it when I did the scenario on my main. I'll have to pay more attention when I go through it on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine2099 View Post
    *HUGE SPOILER*

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

While I seriously doubt this has any kind of source, I actually love the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd heard about that, but I must've missed it when I did the scenario on my main. I'll have to pay more attention when I go through it on my alts.
    Yeah, he's there, very orc like. Still want War of the Ancients raid. ._.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Yes, Tonfa, that's what I meant, my brain wasn't braining very successfully yesterday.

This video has relevant information:

And you're right, it seems like it would be more useful as a counterattack weapon as opposed to an all-out offensive weapon, which, in retrospect, makes all the sense in the world.
    Gay fucking weab.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-09-18 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Received Infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifross View Post
    While I seriously doubt this has any kind of source, I actually love the idea.
    Unless exposure to the Void altered their behavior, that doesn't really fit. Ethereals aren't militaristic. Plus, Aldrachi were wiped out by the Legion, not the Void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Unless exposure to the Void altered their behavior, that doesn't really fit. Ethereals aren't militaristic. Plus, Aldrachi were wiped out by the Legion, not the Void.
    I mean, I don't think this is the case in-lore, so I don't want to argue too hard for it. But the surviving Aldrachi could have easily changed their culture, especially if they underwent a large physical transformation as well. "Wiped out" also doesn't necessarily mean every single one is killed, and Ethereals seem few and far between.

I don't actually think this is the case, though. I just like the idea of Ethereals having some kind of awesome backstory.

Here's a quick concept I made on what how I think the Aldrachi would look like while taking a couple of ideas from what was said in this thread. Hope you guys dig it!

I'll most likely work on it some more to flesh it out and add more detail (texture, lighting, background) cause it was still a lot of of fun to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzadragon View Post
    What strikes me is how much this parallels to Azeroth. aside from the eredar, we are all proud races that havent surrendered and fight to the last breath. We even now possess their leader's blades! I wonder if sargeras will come down to defeat us in person, if he did it with the Aldrachi?
    Azerothian races don't really parallel to the Aldrachi. Countless members from all races have thrown their lot in with both the Legion and Old Gods throughout the history of Azeroth while it seems the entire Aldrachi race defied the Legion, hence why they were all wiped out in the end.
    If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Water is Life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Here's a quick concept I made on what how I think the Aldrachi would look like while taking a couple of ideas from what was said in this thread. Hope you guys dig it!

I'll most likely work on it some more to flesh it out and add more detail (texture, lighting, background) cause it was still a lot of of fun to make.
    Looks awesome
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.

Deleted
    Welcome for correction, but i dont think the aldrachi would have runes on their bodies. I think demon hunters have them to control the demons within them to stop them taking over. The runes on the aldrachi's blades could be to restrict the demons in the blades, but from what weve heard, i dont think they would have taken demons inside of themselves.

Also, does anybody know what the book says that you get in your order hall from the research noted for the warblades?
    Last edited by mmoc31251d7d90; 2016-09-21 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazzadragon View Post
    Welcome for correction, but i dont think the aldrachi would have runes on their bodies. I think demon hunters have them to control the demons within them to stop them taking over. The runes on the aldrachi's blades could be to restrict the demons in the blades, but from what weve heard, i dont think they would have taken demons inside of themselves.
    I agree with this, their magic seems to be arcane/fire based, with their weapons being able to steal souls.

I do hope we get to see them and blizz gives them unique models and lore...I sort of imagined them to be similar to protoss, sort of tribal and sort of like the Talardim but less dark, broody and edgy? Also not sure if anyone noticed when first getting the warblades, some of the voidy mobs that are summoned are Aldrachi souls?