Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Order Hall Campaigns VS Main Quests inconsistencies

I'm starting to get worried that current and future main questlines aren't taking the order hall campaigns and their implications for the major lore figures involved in them into account.
    Especially since two of the major quest givers in 7.1 are Liadrin and Vereesa, who feature prominently in the Paladin, DK, and Hunter campaigns and artifact acquisition quests. Yet there have already been inconsitencies in the launch questlines.

Warriors, despite already being Valarjar, still go through the entire Stormheim-Halls of Valor chain without recognition. Death Knights violently break Koltira out of Undercity and ruin the Forsaken's claim on Stromgarde, but interact with Sylvanas in Stormheim like any other class.

I'm starting to think the writers bit off more than they could chew and are disregarding all the implications having more personal, class-based storylines would have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This is the biggest problem of storytelling in MMO. Everytime you face situation like this, just think "actually two people did it".

lol ~ Khadgar told my DH today that he couldn't think of "any place on Azeroth" safer for Light's Heart than my order hall. Did anyone tell him my order hall isn't on Azeroth? Or that even I am not sure how far I can trust everyone in it?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

maybe some order hall quest not canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    lol ~ Khadgar told my DH today that he couldn't think of "any place on Azeroth" safer for Light's Heart than my order hall. Did anyone tell him my order hall isn't on Azeroth? Or that even I am not sure how far I can trust everyone in it?
    I am a warlock and when I put the Heart in my order hall, one of the demons asked me if I am joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard doesn't care about consistency, all they care about is the "rule of cool" now.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I am a warlock and when I put the Heart in my order hall, one of the demons asked me if I am joking.
    maybe Khadgar gave everyone a fake Light's Heart and he keeps the real one in his possession

Yeah, it makes no sense for DKs, Locks and DHs to take the Light's Heart. Only Paladins and Priests should have this quest.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

But this is the heart of darkness in the universe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Warriors, despite already being Valarjar, still go through the entire Stormheim-Halls of Valor chain without recognition. Death Knights violently break Koltira out of Undercity and ruin the Forsaken's claim on Stromgarde, but interact with Sylvanas in Stormheim like any other class.
    The ravens and later Odyn recognize the warrior as Valarjar.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad about PTR, so they can improve the consistency of quests as people gief feedback
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Well... as a warrior I can get exalted with myself

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I'm starting to get worried that current and future main questlines aren't taking the order hall campaigns and their implications for the major lore figures involved in them into account.
    Especially since two of the major quest givers in 7.1 are Liadrin and Vereesa, who feature prominently in the Paladin, DK, and Hunter campaigns and artifact acquisition quests. Yet there have already been inconsitencies in the launch questlines.

I'm starting to think the writers bit off more than they could chew and are disregarding all the implications having more personal, class-based storylines would have.
    couple o things, Forsaken already didn't have Stromguard, Galen and his bros created their own kingdom. And I don't think Sylvnanas cares enough about Koltira to do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Did you not read the quest text? Odyn even says he cant show favoritism and you must go through the trials and prove your worth to obtain the shield. They covered their bases when it came to questing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But this is the heart of darkness in the universe!
    Yes, that demon made me crazy with that statement xD

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Warrior front, multiple NPCs in Stormheim recognize you as Valarjar (and Odyn's champion) and Odyn literally tells you when you finish Stormheim that he can't show favor to his champion but that he knew you'd prevail. The Valarjar rep thing is also excusable because you're an outsider to them, even if Odyn did choose you. Hell, when you do Halls of Valor, Hymdall is fucking PISSED you've got the Warswords if you're Fury and tells you he's going to take them from you forcibly.

...this is of course despite the fact that he's my literal Order Hall follower, but it shows that you have to earn their respect. Odyn saying its so doesn't just make you magically accepted, even if they have to follow your orders. I kinda dig it, actually.

Odyn says to the warriors that he can't show favoritism, and thus you gotta go through the trials like everyone else.

I don't even know where to begin with the DKs.

1: The forsaken had no interest in stromgarde, they only killed and raised Galen to get the Trol'kalar sword.

2: Even if they had an interest in claiming Stromgarde (And they don't, its a backwater shithole of a city) the one who ruined any chance at claiming it was Galen, not the DKs. Galen is the one who went rogue on the forsakens, and took the city for himself. The Dks if anything did a favor to the undercity if they actually had an interest in stromgarde, as they cleared it of Galen's forces.

4: The DKs break Koltira out of the undercity, but do so covertly. Nobody witnessed what happened except for a few abominations that were quickly put down. As far as Sylvanas is concerned, Koltira could have just escaped on his own

5: You missed that I never put a number 3.

6: You're checking that now.

7: You may be chuckling at that =P

In all seriousness, given all the dialogue nods they give to the classes (Helya has extra comments in helheim to warriors who wield her swords, just to name ONE example) I don't find it difficult to imagine them adding a line or two of dialogue from Liandrin towards DKs (as we do attack her and bring her down to inches of her life). You're overreacting.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

None of this is as inconsistent as Jaina being completely gone from the broken shore cinematic. Of course the Alliance had to be nerfed thanks to plot. Can't have the Horde get their asses handed to them while the Alliance escapes unscratched.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    1: The forsaken had no interest in stromgarde, they only killed and raised Galen to get the Trol'kalar sword.

2: Even if they had an interest in claiming Stromgarde (And they don't, its a backwater shithole of a city) the one who ruined any chance at claiming it was Galen, not the DKs. Galen is the one who went rogue on the forsakens, and took the city for himself. The Dks if anything did a favor to the undercity if they actually had an interest in stromgarde, as they cleared it of Galen's forces.
    They wanted to create a new Undercity there. Then again it could have been Galen that said it. But yeah, DKs killing Galen made it easier for the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    4: The DKs break Koltira out of the undercity, but do so covertly. Nobody witnessed what happened except for a few abominations that were quickly put down. As far as Sylvanas is concerned, Koltira could have just escaped on his own
    The Forsaken can reassemble their Abominations. Their retain their personality and memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They wanted to create a new Undercity there.
    Source?

I've never heard any of that. Even then, if that was true (and I don't think it was), the DK intervention made things easier for the forsaken, not harder, Galen went rogue on his own.

The Forsaken can reassemble their Abominations. Their retain their personality and memory.
    Again, source? There's nothing I've seen that indicates any of this, most abominations are stupid enough to be unable to speak coherently. You seriously think they'll be able to say "ohh yes, it was TOTALLY the knights of the ebon blade who sprung koltira out of prison, and they were led specifically by Thassarian whom we totally know personally because he's been a frequent visitor to the undercity and...... ohhh....."

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)