10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'm Draenei in real life! I win
    your going down!
    @Celista @Lindra
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's really only for the elevator glitch (But that is really handy and saves a lot of time).
    Ah so you are skipping the Emily dialogue then?
    I'd probably just run it on the current patch and compete against myself and try to get faster and faster. If I want to compare myself to others I could just remove 30 seconds or whatever it takes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Im too lazy to quote, but I think your definition of exclusives is different from mine. Exclusives are games that a company pays for in order to have them sold only on their specific platform.
    If a indie developer releases a game on steam greenlight only (which then gets accepted), then I wouldn't consider that an exclusive unless Microsoft or Steam paid to have that game only on their OS/Platform. I've never heard about Warcraft being paid for in that manner, and didn't it exist for Mac as well?
    I mean, it's technically both.
    An exclusive is just what it is, a game that is exclusive to that gaming platform.

And those games aren't really what I'd place highest on the most well known titles, besides Mario obviously.
    And why would exclusives create more hype? "Yay a new awesome game is releasing that I have to buy a new machine for!" is better than just a new awesome game being released?
    I guess it might be a regional difference, but The Last of Us is even still a big deal around here to talk about. But what would you then?

And people tend to get hyped even for new consoles.

And this list shows that most best sellers are multi platform or Nintendo games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ingle-platform
    I said well known, not best sellers. Yes, a multiplat will most likely sell better because it has multiple consoles to sell on. But is it just as good then as the exclusive that sells really well too?

"I'm um, not sure of a case where they refuse MnK because it "simplifies it" to drive sales honestly. It's just why bother adding the extra feature if more people are going to use the controller anyway I would think."
    They would bother if consoles allowed for those options as well. More would use it, of course it would be necessary for everyone then in the FPS genre. Unless they like dying.
    You can plug a keyboard and mouse into a console, I meant why would the company bother adding the option as extra work if a small amount will use it altogether.

"But Steam Controller smells funny ;p"
    Thats just the doritos.
    Possibly.

"But then they would be missing out on the Marios!"
    Mario became crap since they released Wii and those silly controllers you gotta shake.
    You are absolutely 100% wrong here. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game I've played since Galaxy, which has the spin. How dare you

And I hate that everytime someone takes damage and reduces in size or "dies", the game freezes for a small moment, but during that moment it ignores any input you make (those who lives) and could possibly cause you to die as well..
    Its still fine to sit and drink and game with friends, but those things frustrates me.
    I've never had this issue honestly. Maybe I'm just used to it though.

If I were to pop in my 1996 Tomb Raider disc version, it won't go as smoothly (Which I do have somewhere, but I also don't have my disc drive working anymore lol). I'm all for more backwards compatibility though.
    Well, all you have to do is download a program which takes a minute. If you wouldn't know about that program it would take you two-three minutes instead to google for a solution. I'd say its a lot smoother than plugging out your console, and then plug in another console. Even more hassle if they use different controllers as well.
    That's why you get a switch thing for cables. But still, I can't imagine it taking only 5 minutes about total to get it done. I mean, it took me an hour to find out why a game I didn't even want to play (League of Legends) wouldn't work on my computer because no one knew the answer. I tried multiple suggestions, and finally got to one after all that time.

"I honestly don't consider the "cheaper" that much though. You still have to maintain it, you still will have to upgrade it at some point. The price isn't really that far off from a console overall I'd say, at least close enough for personal taste to decide."

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    Well fine, buddy!

Anyway. I'll respect your opinion, even if you are slowly and painfully killing me, the gaming industry and everything I hold dear.
    *sobs in a corner while drinking white russian*
    Slowly? I'm doing a bad job then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah so you are skipping the Emily dialogue then?
    I'd probably just run it on the current patch and compete against myself and try to get faster and faster. If I want to compare myself to others I could just remove 30 seconds or whatever it takes I guess.
    And the entirety of prison pretty much, and the fight against the assassins who kill the empress, and a couple other things. Also you can teleport through walls in 1.2 (Not sure if you can later?) but that's also pretty nice and saves a lot of time.

Before getting 1.2 it took me ~50-60 minutes depending on the run, when I got the strats down for 1.2 it took me ~45.

That said, I don't upload them anywhere, and even if I did, 45 is pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, it's technically both.
    An exclusive is just what it is, a game that is exclusive to that gaming platform.
    A game that have been agreed to be exclusive for a platform will always remain exclusive.
    A game that was only programmed for a single platform, but without any agreement to remain exclusive can be ported if it proves succesful and there is demand for it.

And people tend to get hyped even for new consoles.
    Yea but you said the exclusive games creates hype, like it was because they were exclusive. Wouldn't they generate just as much hype, if not more if it sold on multiple platforms?

I said well known, not best sellers. Yes, a multiplat will most likely sell better because it has multiple consoles to sell on. But is it just as good then as the exclusive that sells really well too?
    The games would have been good even if they weren't exclusives! They are being bought up just because they are good, so that people buy the console. They don't magically become good because you slap a "exclusive" stamp on it. It would have come out exactly the same without being exclusive.

Example: The Tomb Raider reboot proved to be very sucessful (multiplatform). So the sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider was agreed to be a timed exclusive for Xbox between Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix and Microsoft.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider would have came out exactly the same even if it wasn't a timed exclusive. And the same goes for fully exclusive games as well. They get exclusive because they are good, they are not good because they are exclusive.

Thats what Sony and Microsoft are doing, they are going after the best and most promising games and have them be exclusive for their platforms. That doesn't improve the games.

You can plug a keyboard and mouse into a console, I meant why would the company bother adding the option as extra work if a small amount will use it altogether.
    They can? I only thought that was possible with adapters that are considered cheating devices since they give an edge over other console players. And those adapters converts the mouse and kb input to controller obviously so there is delays and not ideal, especially for the mouse.
    The normal mouse and kb are just for text input and navigation through the interface and can not be used in the games for Xbox or PS so that doesn't really count as we are talking about the gameplay controls.

Why do you think it would be such a small group of people that would use it if they had the option to? Im pretty certain that a lot of console players would go for mouse and kb input if they had the option. And that is why it would be worth the extra effort to make it more usable with kb + mouse since then all of a sudden we have PS, Xbox and PC which will/can use those inputs.

You are absolutely 100% wrong here. Super Mario 3D World is the best Mario game I've played since Galaxy, which has the spin. How dare you
    Well Im obviously no expert on console titles as you might have guessed, so maybe some of them are okay I don't know. I think we played 2 of them on the Wii then my buddy had 1 on Wii U as well.
    I just know that one of them are called Mario Party something, and the other one is the standard Super Mario Bros where you go through the maps, jump on things and bang the princess.

I've never had this issue honestly. Maybe I'm just used to it though.
    Its not that kind of freeze lag though, it just pauses for a short moment while it does that shrinking sound, and during that small window I've noticed it ignores input. So obviosly I get super mad at my friends when they screw up and I have to suffer for it as well!

That's why you get a switch thing for cables. But still, I can't imagine it taking only 5 minutes about total to get it done. I mean, it took me an hour to find out why a game I didn't even want to play (League of Legends) wouldn't work on my computer because no one knew the answer. I tried multiple suggestions, and finally got to one after all that time.
    I don't know what a switch thing is, probably because its not called that. Anyway, you still gotta keep that trash around.
    Yea sure odd problems might exist (or you know, you just suck ).
    But those exists for consoles as well. http://wccftech.com/top-5-reported-t...-problems-fix/
    On PC you could probably fix it yourself most of the time, but consoles are locked so you have to ask for a replacement.

Well fine, buddy!
    I aint your buddy, mate!

Slowly? I'm doing a bad job then!
    Not if you wish to torment me as much as possible!

A game that have been agreed to be exclusive for a platform will always remain exclusive.
    A game that was only programmed for a single platform, but without any agreement to remain exclusive can be ported if it proves succesful and there is demand for it.
    Generally though, exclusives stay exclusive. There's not many situations in which they actually branch out onto other systems.

There are some, of course (Mass Effect comes to mind), but mostly they stick to where they were.

Yea but you said the exclusive games creates hype, like it was because they were exclusive. Wouldn't they generate just as much hype, if not more if it sold on multiple platforms?
    I say a lot of things.

But really, it would of course still generate hype, but I don't know if it's just my own personal opinion here, it seems like people get more hyped for things on the console they specifically bought that others won't be able to play without getting it.

The games would have been good even if they weren't exclusives! They are being bought up just because they are good, so that people buy the console. They don't magically become good because you slap a "exclusive" stamp on it. It would have come out exactly the same without being exclusive.
    No, exclusive doesn't suddenly make the game great. But it being exclusive puts the pressure on to outperform the other console exclusives, which does tend to help.

I mean, just look at Mario games. For the most part, the core series is really solid, because Nintendo depends on those to sell a system. Same goes for the other companies, sure there might be a "weak" Gears of War game, or Halo game, but at the very least they're never even close to bad.

Example: The Tomb Raider reboot proved to be very sucessful (multiplatform). So the sequel Rise of the Tomb Raider was agreed to be a timed exclusive for Xbox between Crystal Dynamics/Square Enix and Microsoft.
    Rise of the Tomb Raider would have came out exactly the same even if it wasn't a timed exclusive. And the same goes for fully exclusive games as well. They get exclusive because they are good, they are not good because they are exclusive.

Thats what Sony and Microsoft are doing, they are going after the best and most promising games and have them be exclusive for their platforms. That doesn't improve the games.
    But you're talking about games that are paid to be exclusive. I'm talking about games that are designed to be exclusive. Ones that are designed to be system sellers.

They can? I only thought that was possible with adapters that are considered cheating devices since they give an edge over other console players. And those adapters converts the mouse and kb input to controller obviously so there is delays and not ideal, especially for the mouse.
    The normal mouse and kb are just for text input and navigation through the interface and can not be used in the games for Xbox or PS so that doesn't really count as we are talking about the gameplay controls.
    Well, that's what I meant. You can plug them in and use them on the interface, so the console does technically support it. I would imagine then it's the company making the game that chooses to not allow it as a controller method. Although to be fair, the only game I could picture wanting a MnK on is an FPS.

Why do you think it would be such a small group of people that would use it if they had the option to? Im pretty certain that a lot of console players would go for mouse and kb input if they had the option. And that is why it would be worth the extra effort to make it more usable with kb + mouse since then all of a sudden we have PS, Xbox and PC which will/can use those inputs.
    For the same reason that its a small amount of people who know you don't need to vote within the two parties for US elections. Because generally, people don't tend to look into things for some reason.

Well Im obviously no expert on console titles as you might have guessed, so maybe some of them are okay I don't know. I think we played 2 of them on the Wii then my buddy had 1 on Wii U as well.
    I just know that one of them are called Mario Party something, and the other one is the standard Super Mario Bros where you go through the maps, jump on things and bang the princess.
    The recent Mario Parties with the car feature are terrible.

And I'm not sure what Mario you're playing that you're banging princesses....but sure!

It sounds like the New Super Mario Bros series. Which is, to be fair, kind of generic compared to the past ones, but still fun. Super Mario 3D World is, well, a 3D Mario game for the Wii U. And Galaxy was for the Wii.

Its not that kind of freeze lag though, it just pauses for a short moment while it does that shrinking sound, and during that small window I've noticed it ignores input. So obviosly I get super mad at my friends when they screw up and I have to suffer for it as well!
    Git gud.

But I get what you mean, I've just never had an issue with it I mean since I'm used to it since the original.

I don't know what a switch thing is, probably because its not called that. Anyway, you still gotta keep that trash around.
    Yea sure odd problems might exist (or you know, you just suck ).
    But those exists for consoles as well. http://wccftech.com/top-5-reported-t...-problems-fix/
    On PC you could probably fix it yourself most of the time, but consoles are locked so you have to ask for a replacement.
    That list though is just full of stupid mistakes people make. Like "Make sure the volume is actually on".

Like, wat. Who makes that mistake.

And this is what I meant-https://www.amazon.com/Port-Selector-Switch-FREE-Cable/dp/B000FV8SLW Something like that.

I aint your buddy, mate!
    I aint your mate, pal!

Not if you wish to torment me as much as possible!
    Why not both?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the PC as well, a lot of times the games get released a lot later. No fun in that. You basically end up playing a hyped up game when everyone has already moved on to something else.

Eg GTA V
    PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    17 September 2013
    Microsoft Windows
    14 April 2015

Plan C? As in Plan Cyka with P90s?
    <3 P90.

One of my favorite weapons~

It's legal to own in my state, although expensive for just the weapon... Ammo is special-ordered too.

I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    With the PC as well, a lot of times the games get released a lot later. No fun in that. You basically end up playing a hyped up game when everyone has already moved on to something else.

Eg GTA V
    PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    17 September 2013
    Microsoft Windows
    14 April 2015
    I mean, heck, even for No Man's Sky people were mad to have to wait the week.

I'm back fam!

So much content to grind in this thread, where are the catch-up mechanics?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, heck, even for No Man's Sky people were mad to have to wait the week.
    And look how that game turned out <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, Knslyr, that that conversation got me thinking and made me change my mind: I'm going to use the opportunity to get a free laptop from the physics department. I won't be getting one for $3,000 though; somewhere around $1,000 should be fine. Looking at this one currently:

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-...3A3+GHz+%26+Up

Surprisingly low price for such a cute little monster! My current laptop is slowly falling apart, with random reboots and wi-fi crashes... I will use it as a music production center, but that's about all it is fit for.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I think, Knslyr, that that conversation got me thinking and made me change my mind: I'm going to use the opportunity to get a free laptop from the physics department. I won't be getting one for $3,000 though; somewhere around $1,000 should be fine. Looking at this one currently:

Surprisingly low price for such a cute little monster! My current laptop is slowly falling apart, with random reboots and wi-fi crashes... I will use it as a music production center, but that's about all it is fit for.
    That thing has a fucking QUADRO and 16GB of Ram.. The fuck are you using it for?

10+ Year Old Account
    That thing has a fucking QUADRO and 16GB of Ram.. The fuck are you using it for?
    Astrophysical simulations! Well, I doubt I can run them on this laptop on the required scale anyway... But for small test runs, it should work!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account

1 review? Why is nobody buying it?

10+ Year Old Account
    i would date @Tennisace. he sounds dreamy. and where is that jam chick?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Astrophysical simulations! Well, I doubt I can run them on this laptop on the required scale anyway... But for small test runs, it should work!
    Well, I mean.. That's one reason to get a quadro..

I've stopped buying things from MSI when they refused to honor their end of a valid 3-year warranty.

Fangirl squeals in excitement

Logitech bought Saitek!~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    I've stopped buying things from MSI when they refused to honor their end of a valid 3-year warranty.
    That sounds rather like something you can legitimately sue over..

Fangirl squeals in excitement

Logitech bought Saitek!~
    Sounds fun.. I think?

That sounds rather like something you can legitimately sue over..

Sounds fun.. I think?
    Far too late now, and MSI has the money to tell me to 'Fuck off'.
    Probably going to go to Gigabyte+/Sapphire for now on.

Larger production of products, wider field of marketing, and possibly for a cheaper price.

Cause' I would LOVE to have these~ (Thought the ones being designed for Star Citizen are suppose to have a dual-trackball instead of a 2 extra analog switches)

<Caution, the start of the video is REALLY loud.>