Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Some people are also allowed to sleep with Cathrine Zeta Jones, Giselle Bündchen or Monica Belluci.

Also I believe that it takes the last tier of your class Order Hall, plus 14 days research at 15 000 resources to equip +1 legendary. So having 4 legendaries will not do you any good.
    That is some lucky basterd...having more than 1 legendary...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    I kinda feel for you, but on the other hand, where does it say on the box that you will definitely possess your dream Best-in-Slot legendary for the whole expansion?
    Their have been expansions where we didn't even get what literally was on the the box, going by that logic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I believe that is not a theory, but called "tinfoil hat". (Look, I am a pretty lucky guy. Do you think god flagged my life? Some people are just lucky and for others everything turns to shit)
    Odin hath deemed you worthy, mortal. You shall enter the halls of Valhalla and become one of his Einherjar! Until then you'll never get a speeding ticket or stuck behind the old lady writing a fucking check at the grocery store...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Give me a break. "People" are pissed because they don't have their legendary, period. You can sugar coat it as much as you want, in the end its all "MA GAD I STIL DONT HAS LEGNDARYZ"
    This, pretty much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Nope. They count as repeatable.
    Thought as much. Thanks!

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But ya I agree, as it stands it really feels pointless to do anything until we find out how the system works. That is why I am logging in just to do my daily chest and then log off.
    Blizzard has never, and will never divulge information on how loot systems work (they have even said this directly not too long ago), so if thats your reason to not play, then you might as well quit. Blindly assuming that its "broken" right now without any evidence other then not having a legendary seems rather silly to me. They identified (and fixed) a bug with too high chances of getting a second drop after the first - there was never any word about the drop chances of the first being in any way affected.

Also for all the comments about people not understanding what the complaints are about - do you really want us to believe that all the players complaining actually properly understand probability? Because I seriously doubt it, since the laws of probability often dictate behavior that many people would not consider the most "logical" case.

And coming to that point - without that information, you also cannot make a proper probability model to actually make the statements the OP makes, so this entirely thread is just not very credible.

Fact of the matter is that drop chances improve the more difficult the content is (Blizzard has confirmed this), and we didn't even have access to the most difficult content yet. So sure, farm heroics all day if you must, but due to the low difficulty and repeatability, the chances of getting one there are extremely slim.

Instead, do heroic/mythic raiding and mythic+ as soon as its available, and your chances will increase. The weekly mythic+ chest was said to have a pretty high chance.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-09-19 at 07:26 AM.

Deleted
    This thread is LEGENDARY!

/popcorn

Ive yet to see a legendary but then my luck is worser than a guy who survived Hiroshima and then took the next train to Nagasaki!

I think those legendaries shouldn't be in the game, to begin with, and the fact that they admitted there was a bug in the game which increased the drop chance for those who already had one makes it even worse.
    Eventually, everyone will get one but having the wrong one will make most people angry, legendaries are a mistake from Blizzard part and will be one of the worst features for legion expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    lol you really expected to have more than 20% people having a legendary?

It should be less than 5%. Legendary items should be extremely rare.
    They should be rare in a world where they're obtained through some kind of deterministic system.

In the world we actually live in legendaries are given out as raffle prizes. Through a system that has been broken 2-3 times already but which Blizz insists we don't need to know the inner workings, just trust us, m'kay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I think those legendaries shouldn't be in the game, to begin with, and the fact that they admitted there was a bug in the game which increased the drop chance for those who already had one makes it even worse.
    Eventually, everyone will get one but having the wrong one will make most people angry, legendaries are a mistake from Blizzard part and will be one of the worst features for legion expansion.
    Honestly, nothing was wrong with the Val'anyr/Shadowmourne system where typically one player in a real raid(I'd say heroic+) works on it over time. This legendary for everybody bullshit that started in Mists needs to die.

Deleted
    I feel like my character might have some, well not bug for so far i've gotten 3 legendaries which just seems absurd seeing as people in my guild played a lot more than me & some haven't gotten it yet.

Though i can only equip one, having 2 legendaries during the first raid on mythic is quite a lot compared to another mythic raider who has gotten 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Honestly, nothing was wrong with the Val'anyr/Shadowmourne system where typically one player in a real raid(I'd say heroic+) works on it over time. This legendary for everybody bullshit that started in Mists needs to die.
    The thing about the Shadowmournes and Dragonwraths is that they made even the derpiest player who managed to get one prime poach material. So the lower guilds ended up with zero of them while the top guilds per server had multiple.

The MoP/WoD system was still miles ahead of what Legion has. It's not hard to get the legendary, but the pace at which you obtain it is mostly deterministic. The people who put in the most work got theirs done the quickest.

I had crazy luck and received an Legendary helm for doing 4 World Quests. I haven't even done any Mythic dungeons yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Give me a break. "People" are pissed because they don't have their legendary, period. You can sugar coat it as much as you want, in the end its all "MA GAD I STIL DONT HAS LEGNDARYZ"
    1) The games progression is almost entirely gear-centric - every time you don't improve your gear, you aren't progressing in the game. At least for the PvE aspect, which is majority of the game.

2) The only realistic way to see how well you progress/see how well you are doing in the game is comparing yourself to others. Since there is no way to actually beat the game, what players do in PvE world is doing their best to become on par or better than others.

These are the pillars of a MMORPG game like that.

Which makes sarcastic posts like "you dislike broken system only because it halts your progress, while RNG can accelerate it for others" kind of stupid. Yeah, it's frustrating. It's supposed to be, because your progression in the game (gaining gear, becoming stronger in relation to others) is out of your hand. Instead of knowing that by playing to the best of your skills you are going to become better, you know that one deciding aspect is dictated by luck. It's as if at the end of a Mario level you were rolling a dice to see if a Princess is actually in that specific castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercool View Post
    The thing about the Shadowmournes and Dragonwraths is that they made even the derpiest player who managed to get one prime poach material. So the lower guilds ended up with zero of them while the top guilds per server had multiple.

The MoP/WoD system was still miles ahead of what Legion has. It's not hard to get the legendary, but the pace at which you obtain it is mostly deterministic. The people who put in the most work got theirs done the quickest.
    Sounds like the person who got the item wasn't vetted enough. If your guild made the mistake of giving your legendary to some asshat who would abandon you I can't say that I'm sorry for your leadership's complete lack of character judgement.

Further, people who claim to be casuals bitch, piss, and moan to no end about attunements. The lamentations echo from here to eternity if it's even mentioned without enough vitriol for their liking. Yet these people champion the biggest and most annoying attunements ever seen in this game in the form of the cloak and ring. Just come back to WoW after taking a break? Well, time to grind for a few months before you can join a guild on current content. Hope you like LFR and not playing with your friends! The system was garbage. Even this moronic system is superior, frankly.

30 active people 25 who did all their mythics and caches etc. 2 of them got good legendaries. 2 casual members got meh legendaries

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Drop chances increase the more difficult the content you do. So when you start raiding and doing Mythic+, your chances also increase.
    Source ??? ?

Before MoP your whole guild had to clear a raid instance on highest difficulty for 3-4 months every week so that one person could get his/her legendary and no one whined about legendaries being hard to get, and now you whine because 3 weeks into expansion you still haven't found any legendary? You know how ridiculous it sounds?
    Also you getting your legendary wouldn't make much difference in a raid group as Blizzard said; So no, it won't prevent your guild from progressing.

I have the 500+ WQ achievment on a single char (i'm not alting yet), did all the mythics so far (suramar ones as well), doing ~10-12 heroics a day at least, and all emissaries done. No legendary of course. Meanwhile, i have to see a warrior with ilvl 800 gear standing in front of OG AH every day and swapping in and out 4 legendaries and laughing just to piss people off. And of course not a single word from Blizzard. Oh well, they probably think they can have a few million people going unsub again, no biggie

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    1) The games progression is almost entirely gear-centric - every time you don't improve your gear, you aren't progressing in the game. At least for the PvE aspect, which is majority of the game.

2) The only realistic way to see how well you progress/see how well you are doing in the game is comparing yourself to others. Since there is no way to actually beat the game, what players do in PvE world is doing their best to become on par or better than others.

These are the pillars of a MMORPG game like that.

Which makes sarcastic posts like "you dislike broken system only because it halts your progress, while RNG can accelerate it for others" kind of stupid. Yeah, it's frustrating. It's supposed to be, because your progression in the game (gaining gear, becoming stronger in relation to others) is out of your hand. Instead of knowing that by playing to the best of your skills you are going to become better, you know that one deciding aspect is dictated by luck. It's as if at the end of a Mario level you were rolling a dice to see if a Princess is actually in that specific castle.
    Do you really compare your gear with others' to check your progress and your performance? There are many Arabs/generally rich people in every realm buying boosts left and right who have better gear than you but they only have money and can afford boosts.