Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely.

Raiding certainly is the area of the game that I care about the least, so if those ressources were allocated towards more interesting content, I'd be all for it. Why not? It would not do my playing experience any harm.

People are quick to lecture with their ridiculous claims how raids are "the core of the game" or "what keeps the copies sell and subs active", and are trying to somehow convince you how, by some absurd logic, it's actually in your best interest to care about something you're zero invested in. For some reason, they feel really, really threatened by people liking different things. Silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Absolutely.

Raiding certainly is the area of the game that I care about the least, so if those ressources were allocated towards more interesting content, I'd be all for it. Why not? It would not do my playing experience any harm.

People are quick to lecture with their ridiculous claims how raids are "the core of the game" or "what keeps the copies sell and subs active", and are trying to somehow convince you how, by some absurd logic, it's actually in your best interest to care about something you're zero invested in. For some reason, they feel really, really threatened by people liking different things. Silly.
    Again, just go take a look at what's going on with SWTOR. It's basically being kept afloat by a few thousand Cartel-buying mad men at this point. The servers are dead, the community is dead, the future of the game is completely dire and that's after a single expansion with no raiding.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    I wish they focused more on world content
    Nope, i absolutely hate world content in WOW, it kills any sense of coordination that instanced PVE brings into the game ( Rated PVP with voice IP also brings this to the table by the way) and it ends up being about gathering enough people to make the Bosses/rares become a loot piñata with zero coordination.
    As an example, world quest rares in legion, would be interesting if we were only capable to engage in pairs, or maybe three players top, but as i am sure you have seen, the usual scene is one of this bosses being zerg by dozens of players.
    The few times i have been able to fight them with just another DPS (i am also DPS myself), it has been quite interesting, because you have to kite them, use everything in your toolkit,etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    Nope. It's in the same vein as "Would you appreciate an expansion without leveling/questing?" and "Would you appreciate an expansion without PvP?".
    I would. Fuck leveling and minigaming. Both are useless speedbumps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Again, just go take a look at what's going on with SWTOR. It's basically being kept afloat by a few thousand Cartel-buying mad men at this point. The servers are dead, the community is dead, the future of the game is completely dire and that's after a single expansion with no raiding.
    With SWTOR and with every other MMORPG except FFXIV.
    I recomend everyone to watch a very good series of videos in youtube "MMO graveyard", very interesting to understand the nowadays situation of the genre.

I think it's perfect proof that games that don't have Pet Battles die off after a single expansion.

You get the picture. You can't just pick some random factor and arbitrarily make a connection just to fit it into a certain narrative by sledgehammer method. SWTOR failing has to do with a ton of things and it's silly to attribute it to just one thing, especially without being able to present any kind of tangible evidence, just to make a point.

Why didn't I play SWTOR? Because they failed to introduce proper raiding? No, more like because it didn't attract me as a good, enjoyable game at any moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Personally I'm a bit bored of doing the same stuff in every expansion: farming, new dungeons to get into new raids which are the core content of WoW.

I know Blizzard has a hard on for raids but thats not the sole purpose of MMOs. The game feels like everything else is an afterthought. PvP is secondary, leveling is secondary and hasn't evolved much (still too many kill X things quests); world quests are just rehashed quests, dungeons are relevant at least but for me its not very different from raids, its still PVE instanced content.

I wish they focused more on world content...but not world quests or dailies, I mean heavy investment in world content such as world events, things like invasions regularly happening, content that doesn't revolve around quest-style things, being able to conquer special territories and generate resources for your faction instead of just playing for your little hero character. Building open area castles...yeah its mostly day dreaming as their engine cannot handle that I guess.

I don't have anything against raids mind you, I'm just a bit bored of how stale the progression system of most MMOs has become
    Interesting topic, however i don't think WoW will survive a expantion without raids. I do enjoy the more actively world content that came out with these world quests. But isnt a raid just a bundled managed world event? Its part of the story and you fight a monster all together. If you make it a world event, how do you balance such thing? how do you tell a story when 10.000 ppl are shooting the same mob ... nah, raids are part of wow. If you want story and no end-game go play Wildstars. Its free too!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Raids are the core of the game (at least until legion), in the sense that the loot ladder, and the core abilities of the classes are designed around them, and also, because it is up to date the highest difficulty content you can go into (PVE wise).
    Ii is in the best interest of everyone who wants WOW alive and kicking, that every part of the game, makes the people that enjoy that certain part, extremely happy with the game, being it raiding, Mythic +, questing, PVP, pet battles, achievement collection, etc.
    As i said in another post, i do not like the gameplay of Suramar at all, but i am very happy that Suramar is like it is, because i know a lot of people are having a blast with it.
    I think not even Blizz knows for sure which is the part of wow that keeps copies being sold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    SWTOR had one of the best housing systems in english mmos and they had a dressing room which functioned like a much better transmog for years, though this is a common thing in most mmos.
    Wildstar had an even better one, for all the good it did to it.
    Again, watch "MMO graveyard"

I find it amusing that raiders continue to insinuate that they are the only thing keeping the game afloat, even though statistics have proven time and time again that the majority of players have no interest in raiding at all, and would likely enjoy the game much more if it stopped being designed around it.

WoW has always succeeded due its broad appeal. It would be moronic beyond belief to narrow that appeal by telling a significant segment of the playerbase "bugger off, this expansion does not support your play style".

op does have a point mmo games have always had raids but also had many more facets to them blizz have just taken the raid mechanic and run with it,why? because it keeps a healthy number of people subbing,enough to keep the game going if wow were to fall on hard times,its so obvious that raiding is wows main function and this should never be the case.all the little extras you can do in wow take up very little dev time,freeing up more time to concentrate on raids,raids are very important to a mmo but should not be the be all and end all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Raids are the core of the game (at least until legion), in the sense that the loot ladder, and the core abilities of the classes are designed around them
    It happened to be so, because they made it so. But there's no intrinsic reason as to why it has to be. Alliance is blue, Horde is red. Is there a natural reason for it? No, it just happened to be that way. They could have made Alliance green and Horde pink.

Ii is in the best interest of everyone who wants WOW alive and kicking, that every part of the game, makes the people that enjoy that certain part, extremely happy with the game, being it raiding, Mythic +, questing, PVP, pet battles, achievement collection, etc.
    I don't see the logic. Sure it's nice if the raiders are happy, but the hypotethical question is: would I MYSELF mind if there weren't any raids in the next expansion? Personally I wouldn't. That's the answer to the question. I just don't care. The silly part is when someone tries to convince me that if people who aren't me are happy, it will result in me being more happy. Nonsense. The more things I get that make me happy, the more I will be happy.

Play Guild Wars 2 - that's what you seek. I want my raids, that's why I play WoW.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would enjoy a world of Warcraft without raids. I liked a lot the previous weeks where the attention was on dungeons.

Deleted
    No.
    I mean, I could appreciate it, of course, but that's like saying "would you like an expansion without caster dps", it COULD be done, it's not gonna happen unless they want to destroy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    A case study here is SWTOR. The game released an expansion without any new raids and the community is all but dead at this point.
    SWTOR is a single player RPG with optional multiplayer content (for a monthly fee) at this point.

And that's fine, because the single player RPG was always the strongest part of the game. Asking for a WoW expansion with no raids is like asking for a SWTOR expansion with no story. Completely absurd.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Deleted
    Nah. I love patches that come with no raids and only daily hub and ... relaxed stuff to do, but seriously? No raids at all will just feel off, even if I don't raid as much as I used to in the past.

15+ Year Old Account
    Echoing what most of the thread has said so far, no, I would not like nor purchase an expansion with no new raid content.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Aw hell naw.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla