Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drpizka for another 4 weeks that is.....
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

I'm probably going to have access to 2 legendary items via class hall upgrade before I even see one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Drpizka for another 4 weeks that is.....
    Cool, then you have 4 weeks in front of you to farm one, if you like. Just don't whine that doing LFR was better than this

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people on mmo-champion seem to get a raging hardon for marginalizing any topic they can.

Legendaries as they are, are too powerful, and too unpredictable. Id be more ok with it, if they weren't such a big deal (atleast for my spec) but as of now, its not far fetched to assume people who don't have their ideal legendary by the time mythic rolls around, will be benched so that someone with their ideal legendary can fill that spot.

Id like it if the droprate is increased, or the items themselves are nerfed, but as is they're one of the only points I heavily dislike about legion. I want to play optimally, instead of having to play a digital slot machine every day, where just a sliver of a chance will net me a massive dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    I love how people on mmo-champion seem to get a raging hardon for marginalizing any topic they can.

Legendaries as they are, are too powerful, and too unpredictable. Id be more ok with it, if they weren't such a big deal (atleast for my spec) but as of now, its not far fetched to assume people who don't have their ideal legendary by the time mythic rolls around, will be benched so that someone with their ideal legendary can fill that spot.

Id like it if the droprate is increased, or the items themselves are nerfed, but as is they're one of the only points I heavily dislike about legion. I want to play optimally, instead of having to play a digital slot machine every day, where just a sliver of a chance will net me a massive dps increase.
    you havnt heard of this happening

but you can sure imagine it

Deleted
    A legendary being rare with a bery low droprate? Oh my....how dare they! I pay for this game, pls mail it to me!

if i had legendarys since 1 week, it would take the epicness of looting one when i loot it. (i dont have any yet), but yes, i will jump o ver the chair when it pop ups.

mmo = epic moments = good game

how much epic was getting the legenary ring on WoD?
    you just know that you need to farm the raid for a while and gg.

In the early legendary days it was random but effort was still required, you still had to clear the hardest content at the time. Beyond that there was the added reward for being the chosen guildy that was rewarded due to being a valued member. The items felt legendary as they were rare and required end game skill.

The woltk/cata system was better imo as it removed the rng and made legendaries a highly valued reward given to members based on their value to the guild. The items still felt legendary and it was rewarding to finally complete each one even if I never got it because it was a cumulative effort by many to reach that goal.

With mop/wod legendaries stopped feeling special because it was a guarantee for everyone and just became a time gated effort, but it was still an effort and through the quest lines they still felt legendary.

Now you can get a legendary by repeating a 101 quest. They require zero effort, have no sense of being a reward, have no legendary feel and sit at the lowest of skill levels. They're not really legendaries anymore, I feel they'd be better suited as 'legion forged gear' or something other than the moniker legendary because they definately don't feel legendary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMM- View Post

the problem arises when that raider is not "better" at the game but "luckier". And there is no reliable way for the unlucky raider to catch up in terms of output number or obtaining that specific legendary the other raider has that makes him a "better" player , lol, because certain legendary items are just that strong and boosts the output number to a completely unachievable level if u dont have it equipped.
    Oh yeah man.. theres no way you could be about the same level of skill.. and his legendary is what changed things.. don't make me roll my eyes even harder.

"Legendary" =)

With the drop rate as it stands..

If they're going to balance content around us all having legendaries, they'd better fucking hurry up and implement the pity mechanic.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I got one in beta... and this ring was pretty OP: Basically 2 mini Heroisms a minute. And not random... I could proc it at will. Absolutely SMOKED the meters after getting it.

They are out there. make sure you have your loot spec in whatever spec your playing in.

I had the warrior tank ring (The Walls Fell) drop off a mythic boss this weekend while attempting to get a relic for offspec. Was not a happy camper. Wanted to bang my head against the wall a few times.
    Last edited by Novaice; 2016-09-19 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Drop chances increase the more difficult the content you do. So when you start raiding and doing Mythic+, your chances also increase. And on top of that, I don't think 3 weeks of playing can serve as much of an indication for the next 80-100 weeks, especially since the effect and strength of the bad-luck-protection are entirely unknown.

Out of our raid team of about 30 people, 3 do have a legendary already. 10% after what is effectively 2 weeks at 110 for many of those people does not seem too bad. Not to mention that all of those dropped in the last week alone.

But the key concern is we are not that far away from 895 loot being TRASH loot nighthold heroic will spit out 890+ loot as is and at that point the legendary you get can already be total trash if it is itemized the wrong way. And since the regular loot can titanforge this just gets an even bigger issue. Really you need the legendary NOW or it will very soon be totally useless worthless junk to you.

And i can promise you i will NOT research the 2 legendary option in the class hall since so far with 6 months of beta and on live i have NEVER seen one drop outside of the legendary vendor in BETA. And until i gets shown evidence that one can even drop in the first place i will NOT waste resources on researching a buff that will do nothing except waste precious resources

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    But the key concern is we are not that far away from 895 loot being TRASH loot nighthold heroic will spit out 890+ loot as is and at that point the legendary you get can already be total trash if it is itemized the wrong way. And since the regular loot can titanforge this just gets an even bigger issue. Really you need the legendary NOW or it will very soon be totally useless worthless junk to you.
    I haven't heard if they will make them higher than 895 in the future though.

Edit: Never mind.
    Last edited by Snackpack; 2016-09-19 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    I haven't heard if they will make them higher than 895 in the future though.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=143613/d...-titan-essence

Oh, thanks. Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    If they're going to balance content around us all having legendaries, they'd better fucking hurry up and implement the pity mechanic.
    Nighthold is balanced around people having legendaries, not Emerald Nightmare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    This is NOT QQ thread.
    can we have a rule AGAISNT qq threads allready

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Nighthold is balanced around people having legendaries, not Emerald Nightmare.
    Which means if people can't get the legendaries the content is balanced around BEFORE it comes out...
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton